Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Joe Joyce the fastest heavyweight alive today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He seems to move faster when he backflips and does his Capoeira moves than he does when he boxes.

That's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      If you switch on the TV now you can still see him throwing some punches.
      LOL. Like the day of the fight where the one guy said he threw a punch in the second round and it landed in the third.

Comment

One average top 10-15 contender, like Ortiz, would take care about this guy inside 4 rounds. Now I see why he ducked Ortiz.

Comment

Here we go, guys... the video lasts 13 minutes, but that just covers one punch.

Remember ages ago when Haye's team uploaded footage of him sparring Wilder, and they had that text saying "the speed of this footage has not been altered?"

Well it's like that, but with the opposite effect.

Just to clarify, if you watch this... this is the live footage, not the slo-mo replays between rounds:

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
            LOL. Like the day of the fight where the one guy said he threw a punch in the second round and it landed in the third.

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            One average top 10-15 contender, like Ortiz, would take care about this guy inside 4 rounds. Now I see why he ducked Ortiz.
            I don't have a particular issue with a 9-0 novice avoiding a bout with a guy who's now been a pro for 9 years and has over 30 bouts. I think that's fair enough. And maybe he CAN learn something in the meantime.

But, in general, I agree with the point.

I see Joyce's ring name is "the Juggernaut". Imagine that in the X-Men:

"I'm coming after you, X-Men, I'm just a foot away. Though you've probably got 15 minutes to be fair. Put the kettle on, make a cup of tea, you've got time."

Comment

Joyce is bad overall. Slow hands, poor defense, terrible footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
                He seems to move faster when he backflips and does his Capoeira moves than he does when he boxes.

That's weird.
                Very odd, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                  Joyce is bad overall. Slow hands, poor defense, terrible footwork.
                  Things like footwork or defence can be worked on, or even worked past, within reason.

But when you can land 80 punches, go down the local shops to fetch yourself a sandwich, have a quick wank and then still be waiting for his counterpunch to land, it's a L waiting to happen.

Comment

Joyce called out Ortiz, Ortiz excepted, Joyce disappeared.

To much hype about this Joyce guy. he is a novice, but he is not young anymore and he is silver olympic medalist. If he is a real deal, he should be ready for contenders like Chisora, Ortiz, Takam and so on.

Comment

Joyce is about as fast as Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                      X