Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
    Zuffa Boxing to buy PBC?

From Rick Glaser:

Rumors abound that PBC being shopped around for a potential sale, and it's now supposedly down to one potential purchaser. The likely buyer is Ari Emanuel, the Hollywood Mogul that co-owns the WME agency, and Zuffa, better known publicly as UFC. The sale is not a cash out by Al Haymon, it's a forced sale by Waddle-Reed, the company that put up the 550 million for PBC. Being told by several reliable sources that PBC, even since they stopped paying for time buys, has still never turned a profit.

Waddle-Reed I'm told is wore out from Al Haymon's failed projections of forthcoming profitability, and Waddle-Reed is forcing the transaction. To quote the attorney source "A lot of smoke and mirrors with PBC, but nothing fruitful financially" If Ari Emanuel is the buyer, look for Dana White to be the "Frontman" for the boxing venture too, as White is for the UFC.

Other boxing business powerhouses like Bob Arum, Eddie Hearn, and also Oscar De La Hoya are not interested and or prohibited from purchasing PBC as all PBC fights are on Fox Platforms, and Showtime, because of Arum, Hearn, and Oscar's respective exclusivity, Arum with Disney/ESPN, and Hearn in America with DAZN, and Oscar with DAZN.

There are several issues that need to be cleared up, between Haymon and Waddle-Reed, and Waddle-Reed without Haymon may possibly still retain some ownership with Emamuel's group. We'll see how this unfolds over the next several months, and as more information becomes available, you'll have it here.
    El Gitano, dear, what's this?... I've checked with Google and there is no mention of such news (or parts of it)...

... ???

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      El Gitano, dear, what's this?... I've checked with Google and there is no mention of such news (or parts of it)...

... ???
      That is from Glaser's facebook post.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        That is from Glaser's facebook post.
        I see, thanks...

But it makes little sense: selling "PBC" (which is but a name) without its "content" (which is formed by fighters)?????

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          I see, thanks...

But it makes little sense: selling "PBC" (which is but a name) without its "content" (which is formed by fighters)?????
          Pretty much the flaw most of us on here see except one person lol.

The asset here is Haymon and his managerial company, not the PBC itself. To get the PBC without the managerial company makes very little sense. If the PBC is to be sold, it would almost surely have to include Haymon in the package to keep the fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            so it’s the same.

MTK global is a managerial company that has several tv deals. Is there contact top rank boxing on espn? Lololol
            Missed this the first time I read it. What kind of stupid example is that? Does MTK Global run TR like Haymon Sports does PBC?

What are you even doing now?

Comment

I need a more credible source.

Comment

Holy ish, why are you making this so difficult? Haymon HAS to stay on board to assure you get to keep his fighters exactly where they are. The contracts the fighters are signing are to Haymon Sports LLC, NOT the PBC. W&R can't just make him sell the PBC and his fighters and think everything will be par for the course. He is the biggest reason these guys are fighting on the PBC.

As for your other question of why the PBC lists its managerial company as its contact? Is that trick question? THE MANAGERIAL COMPANY IS WHAT RUNS THE PBC OPERATIONS. Who else is going to be the contact? Who created the damn PBC?

No where has it ever been stated the PBC is the managerial company and not Haymon Sports. I have no idea where you got that from. The PBC brand is just a TV series as pillowfists98 stated.

For the last time, the sale itself makes sense and gives W&R immediate return on their investment. So sure, in that regard makes perfect sense and then WME can do whatever they want with the brand. But they aren't buying this without essentially buying Haymon as well. It will be a package deal for them. Haymon still stays on and does what he does, and then they run the PBC brand and make whatever tweaks they want to the product.
                f it’s voluntary I agree with you. If not no way.

The funny thing is I doubt Haymon would want to stay if its voluntary.

Haymon has never really worked for someone and had a boss. I doubt he wants to stay on and work for Dana Whyte and WME and report to them where they have final say.

Again if it’s forced and Haymon is out WME still has 100s if millions of dollars in tv contracts and will keep most of their fighters. If a few leave so be it they still have them under managerial contract for several years and collect money from their purses.

Comment

Pretty much the flaw most of us on here see except one person lol.

The asset here is Haymon and his managerial company, not the PBC itself. To get the PBC without the managerial company makes very little sense. If the PBC is to be sold, it would almost surely have to include Haymon in the package to keep the fighters.
                  Except the pbc has the tv deals. Not Haymon.

Comment

Missed this the first time I read it. What kind of stupid example is that? Does MTK Global run TR like Haymon Sports does PBC?

What are you even doing now?
                    mtk global runs their tv contracts. One of which is through TR and espn.

Just like Haymon sports and pbc are all under one umbrella.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      mtk global runs their tv contracts. One of which is through TR and espn.

Just like Haymon sports and pbc are all under one umbrella.
                      It is not nearly the same thing, stop it already. Haymon Sports RUNS the PBC operations. MTK does NOT run the TR operations or vice versa, so why would they list TR as their contact?

Comment

Working...
                      X