Zuffa Boxing to buy PBC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zuffa Boxing to buy PBC?

From Rick Glaser:

Rumors abound that PBC being shopped around for a potential sale, and it's now supposedly down to one potential purchaser. The likely buyer is Ari Emanuel, the Hollywood Mogul that co-owns the WME agency, and Zuffa, better known publicly as UFC. The sale is not a cash out by Al Haymon, it's a forced sale by Waddle-Reed, the company that put up the 550 million for PBC. Being told by several reliable sources that PBC, even since they stopped paying for time buys, has still never turned a profit.

Waddle-Reed I'm told is wore out from Al Haymon's failed projections of forthcoming profitability, and Waddle-Reed is forcing the transaction. To quote the attorney source "A lot of smoke and mirrors with PBC, but nothing fruitful financially" If Ari Emanuel is the buyer, look for Dana White to be the "Frontman" for the boxing venture too, as White is for the UFC.

Other boxing business powerhouses like Bob Arum, Eddie Hearn, and also Oscar De La Hoya are not interested and or prohibited from purchasing PBC as all PBC fights are on Fox Platforms, and Showtime, because of Arum, Hearn, and Oscar's respective exclusivity, Arum with Disney/ESPN, and Hearn in America with DAZN, and Oscar with DAZN.

There are several issues that need to be cleared up, between Haymon and Waddle-Reed, and Waddle-Reed without Haymon may possibly still retain some ownership with Emamuel's group. We'll see how this unfolds over the next several months, and as more information becomes available, you'll have it here.

Here is what I posted a year and a half ago:

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Haymon is Dana's best chance to take over boxing. Dana is Haymon's best chance to take over boxing. So one must assume it's something they're discussing. Doesn't mean anything will happen, but they're both too smart to not explore it.

Comment

Can I borrow your crystal ball?

Comment

Rick Glaser lol

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
          Can I borrow your crystal ball?
          Go through the old posts of posters and you'll quickly see who was full of **** and who was right. My posting history speaks for itself.

Comment

Go through the old posts of posters and you'll quickly see who was full of **** and who was right. My posting history speaks for itself.
            Haymon out and Dana in would probably be the best thing for pbc

Comment

The hilarious part of this if it were to happen is seeing how pissed off boxing hardcores would be at Dana being the new front man for PBC & how pissed a good % of PBC fanboys would probably be at "The UFC" taking over PBC. I think you reach a high level of hater-ism if this happens basically.

Idk if I see it happening cuz the two main people I see talking about this is Steve Kim & Glaser who are pretty solid at pulling out bad rumors, but I found the possibility of this interesting enough I made a thread about it myself already when Kim said the other day. But if it did happen I think it adds some value to PBC by having a legit frontman who's steering things & perhaps this is the point where PBC becomes a promotion (as they discussed was an option during one of those lawsuit discovery interviews or w/e) which I think would be a good thing also.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                The hilarious part of this if it were to happen is seeing how pissed off boxing hardcores would be at Dana being the new front man for PBC & how pissed a good % of PBC fanboys would probably be at "The UFC" taking over PBC. I think you reach a high level of hater-ism if this happens basically.

Idk if I see it happening cuz the two main people I see talking about this is Steve Kim & Glaser who are pretty solid at pulling out bad rumors, but I found the possibility of this interesting enough I made a thread about it myself already when Kim said the other day. But if it did happen I think it adds some value to PBC by having a legit frontman who's steering things & perhaps this is the point where PBC becomes a promotion (as they discussed was an option during one of those lawsuit discovery interviews or w/e) which I think would be a good thing also.
                under this scenario with Dana replacing Al and Al out of the picture do you think that is better for PBC or worse?

Comment

Yo Nostradamus tell us who is going to win tomorrow, I'm looking to make bank off Brezeal

Comment

Pbc needs a front man I’ve been saying that. Schaefer should have done that instead of starting his promotion

Comment

Working...
                    X