No announcement yet.

Zuffa Boxing to buy PBC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Right, but what is stopping Haymon from having his right hand man Brad Owens to temporarily run ship until he returns? All Owens would have tk do is file for a manager license in certain states and he could have his name as the "manager/advisor" until Haymon returns.
    Probably a lawsuit & some financial penalty I'd assume.

Again this is why I doubt that part is even true & I suspect when/if Haymon Sports get sold it'll be sold to someone who wants & allows him to maintain whatever role he wishes to maintain for as long as he wishes to maintain it. And that wouldn't so much be a demand as a mutually beneficial outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Probably a lawsuit & some financial penalty I'd assume.

Again this is why I doubt that part is even true & I suspect when/if Haymon Sports get sold it'll be sold to someone who wants & allows him to maintain whatever role he wishes to maintain for as long as he wishes to maintain it. And that wouldn't so much be a demand as a mutually beneficial outcome.
      I don't think a lawsuit will prevent someone like Brad Owens running the show. Really there is no merit to suing him just because he works for Haymon right now. I mean he's the husband of Haymon's right hand woman lol.

We're in the same page that Haymon will stick around…. At least for some time even after the sale. You wouldn't be wanting the PBC without Haymon at least in the short term. But if he is out, then there are some loopholes of him continuing shop without officially being "involved."

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        I don't think a lawsuit will prevent someone like Brad Owens running the show. Really there is no merit to suing him just because he works for Haymon right now. I mean he's the husband of Haymon's right hand woman lol.
        That would be incredibly stupid of Haymon & I don't think Haymon is close to stupid. That'd be a straight line to a violation of a non-compete agreement.

If Haymon wanted to break an agreement like that the last way he'd wanna do is via known partners who suddenly start acquiring ex-PBC guys. You could add up the monetary damages easy.

We're in the same page that Haymon will stick around…. At least for some time even after the sale. You wouldn't be wanting the PBC without Haymon at least in the short term. But if he is out, then there are some loopholes of him continuing shop without officially being "involved."
        Idk that I think Haymon is THAT guy. I don't think he's on that Don King/Bob Arum loophole sh^t. I suspect when Al's name goes on a contract that actually means something. He gots integrity like that I feel like. I'm not one of these cats who think he's violating the MAA either like some cats who are pro-Haymon even suggest he's doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          That would be incredibly stupid of Haymon & I don't think Haymon is close to stupid. That'd be a straight line to a violation of a non-compete agreement.

If Haymon wanted to break an agreement like that the last way he'd wanna do is via known partners who suddenly start acquiring ex-PBC guys. You could add up the monetary damages easy.

Idk that I think Haymon is THAT guy. I don't think he's on that Don King/Bob Arum loophole sh^t. I suspect when Al's name goes on a contract that actually means something. He gots integrity like that I feel like. I'm not one of these cats who think he's violating the MAA either like some cats who are pro-Haymon even suggest he's doing.
          Brad Owens running the show wouldn't be a violation of anything. They would have to prove Haymon is still involved. Just because Haymon would sign a non-compete clause doesn't mean anyone that works for him right now can't still be in the business. I mean unless they actually negotiate that and put that in writing.

It just depends if Haymon still plans on being in the game or not. If he doesn't? Then sure he just walks to the shadows and leaves in peace. If he still plans to be in boxing after all of this? He's not leaving quietly.

Comment

• If it will result in the eventual removal of the cancer, why not?

Comment

• “I’m not leaving the UFC. I’m getting into boxing with [WME/IMG head] Ari [Emanuel] and the UFC will be doing boxing, too,” White told the Los Angeles Times in November 2017. “It’s still early. We’re still working on it. I’ve got to get my [stuff] together, but I’m getting into boxing, man. It’s coming.” -Dana White
              Interesting...

UFC already have deals with Roy Jones Jr and Lou DiBella for UFC Fight Pass, could explain why Lou has Dialed Back from Promoting as of Late
              Last edited by sicko; 05-18-2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Al Haymon can easily file for a Chapter 11 of the Title 11 Bankruptcy code in court in order to preserve his business holdings. Don't worry; Al isn't going nowhere. It's nothing more than his haters would love than to run Haymon out of the fight business. They are both envious and jealous of the power and influence he wields because of his race.

Comment

• Long live Al Haymon!

Comment

Working...
                  X