No announcement yet.

Zuffa Boxing to buy PBC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killakali View Post
    Except the pbc has the tv deals. Not Haymon.
    The TV deals that happened due to the fighters he has. They weren't getting no TV deals if he didn't have the stable he had. I mean you don't see Main Events with this type of TV deal, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      f it’s voluntary I agree with you. If not no way.

The funny thing is I doubt Haymon would want to stay if its voluntary.

Haymon has never really worked for someone and had a boss. I doubt he wants to stay on and work for Dana Whyte and WME and report to them where they have final say.

Again if it’s forced and Haymon is out WME still has 100s if millions of dollars in tv contracts and will keep most of their fighters. If a few leave so be it they still have them under managerial contract for several years and collect money from their purses.
      If a few leave? What makes you think only a few leave? If Haymon is "forced" out, more than just a few are going to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        The PBC brand itself is worth pretty much nothing. What is worth something is "Haymon Sports" and all the advisory contracts that the fighters have signed.
        This is some low level thinking. Not just you but anyone talking about PBC not really being anything. Or acting like anyone is going to buy sonething thats not really something or w/e this semantics of whats PBC reallllllly is or like a buyer might not actually know what it is & pay Al & go to open up what he bought to discovery nothing while Al laughs privately like he's in a Ocean's Eleven sequel at the grift he just pulled.

Endeavor bought Zuffa (who owned the UFC) & the UFC. But all the headlines said Endeavour bought the UFC. You don't buy PBC alone. You buy Haymon Sports which owns the PBC from my understanding. You don't just wanna own the brand you wanna own the components of the brand which in this case would include contractual rights, TV deals & on hire talent & various random sh^t of some importance to great importance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          This is some low level thinking. Not just you but anyone talking about PBC not really being anything. Or acting like anyone is going to buy sonething thats not really something or w/e this semantics of whats PBC reallllllly is or like a buyer might not actually know what it is & pay Al & go to open up what he bought to discovery nothing while Al laughs privately like he's in a Ocean's Eleven sequel at the grift he just pulled.

Endeavor bought Zuffa (who owned the UFC) & the UFC. But all the headlines said Endeavour bought the UFC. You don't buy PBC alone. You buy Haymon Sports which owns the PBC from my understanding. You don't just wanna own the brand you wanna own the components of the brand which in this case would include contractual rights, TV deals & on hire talent & various random sh^t of some importance to great importance.
          His response is to those that say Haymon will be completely gone from the operation after it is sold. We talked about this yesterday, but Endeavor isn't just going to purchase the PBC without getting Haymon as well. Haymon Sports is the one who has deals with the fighters and that is the biggest asset here. Basically it comes from Rick Glaser taking one thing and making it to a whole another thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Thats exactly what I said. "Haymon Sports" is the thing with real value and importance. Nobody would buy PBC if they didn't have the rights to all the fighters that fight on PBC. You can't run a successful boxing television series if you don't have any good fighters to feature on it.

Comment

As I remember, back in April 2016, Saket Kapoor (and two others) sued Ivy Investment Management Co. and Waddell & Reed Investment Co., because they let a portfolio manager spend $925 million on a start-up boxing company -- Haymon Boxing (or Haymon Sports), it seems...

... therefore, it seems that if there is anything to be sold it's not PBC, it rather is Haymon Sports...

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                Thats exactly what I said. "Haymon Sports" is the thing with real value and importance. Nobody would buy PBC if they didn't have the rights to all the fighters that fight on PBC. You can't run a successful boxing television series if you don't have any good fighters to feature on it.
                see my post above...

Comment

Will be interesting to see if this ends up being true. Sounds like it could take a long while to get sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    His response is to those that say Haymon will be completely gone from the operation after it is sold. We talked about this yesterday, but Endeavor isn't just going to purchase the PBC without getting Haymon as well. Haymon Sports is the one who has deals with the fighters and that is the biggest asset here. Basically it comes from Rick Glaser taking one thing and making it to a whole another thing.
                    Well yea I don't buy Al would be out & lets be honest there are always reasons to doubt Glaser from the jump & even when he has been more on point it seems like he enjoys throwing a lil extra spice on it.

I think thats what all the Al stuff is in this rumor. I don't think you wanna push Al out of the operation or "force" him to sell like Glaser is saying. Suggesting that is like saying Al ALREADY sold PBC/Haymon Sports so much thats he's a minority owner cuz W&R shouldn't reasonably be able to force out a majority owner very easily.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      And further point, Haymon has plenty of fighters with NO written agreements with him that just work on a fight to fight basis.
                      Everyone has fight by fight guys. Thats neither here nor there.

If someone bought Matchroom they wouldn't get Whyte. If someone bought Haymon Sports they wouldn't get Mikey. That would just all work out how it works out in the value of the company to the potential buyer.

But who are all these fighters confirmed to be on handshake "contracts" with Al? Idk if I buy a Harvard guy is on some "my word is my bond, your word is your bond" type sh^t in this sketchy industry.

Sh^t I'm not sure he could be writing those second checks if there wasn't some paperwork to cover agreements for various reasons among them just basic run of the mill tax reasons.

But if there is something tangible that confirms there are 100% handshake deals with high level PBC guys I'd be curious to see it & who those guys are.

Comment

Working...
                      X