No announcement yet.

Zuffa Boxing to buy PBC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killakali View Post
    Wait a minute. U don’t sell advisor/manager contracts. That’s definitely not true. Happens all the time. Happened with Abner Mares when Al Haymon bought his contract from Frank Espinoza. You might want to research a little bit before u make fraudulent claims. You can always sell a managerial contract.

You are purely speculating without knowing what the terms of the forced sell would be if Glaser is right. Haymon May have to sign a non compete and be out of boxing for a period of time. You just keep assuming things.

Remember pbc isn’t a promotional company. Its a managerial company. TGB MP etc are the promoters so Dana would be the front man for a boxing managerial company not promotional company. You guys got it twisted.

no it isnt. PBC is a television show. Haymon Sports is a management company. Now some people have speculated that part of the deal back when Haymon got the Waddell & Reed money was that he had to pledge all assets of Haymon Sports as collateral to the PBC investment. I do not know if that is accurate or not, since Ryan Caldwell was really sketchy with the whole transaction, but it would make sense from a security standpoint. Because as a startup, "PBC" had no tangible assets other than a fancy light grid and ring mat.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Everyone has fight by fight guys. Thats neither here nor there.

If someone bought Matchroom they wouldn't get Whyte. If someone bought Haymon Sports they wouldn't get Mikey. That would just all work out how it works out in the value of the company to the potential buyer.

But who are all these fighters confirmed to be on handshake "contracts" with Al? Idk if I buy a Harvard guy is on some "my word is my bond, your word is your bond" type sh^t in this sketchy industry.

Sh^t I'm not sure he could be writing those second checks if there wasn't some paperwork to cover agreements for various reasons among them just basic run of the mill tax reasons.

But if there is something tangible that confirms there are 100% handshake deals with high level PBC guys I'd be curious to see it & who those guys are.
      Well, Mikey and GRJ are two for certain. Would be foolish to think they are the only two like this. If Haymon ever got wind he would be forced to sell his contracts (don't believe this), then what is stop him from getting fighters out of their deals beforehand or just do fight by fight basis deals when the contracts expire?

Either way, you agree with the main point that Endeavor wouldn't buy the PBC without getting Haymon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        I understand and get all of that but Al has made a lot of enemies in the sport who want to see him fail because he is Black and is the most powerful man in the boxing game.

So there is nothing more than these anti-black racists would love is for him to fail. Don't you agree? Most of Al Haymon's detractors and haters are based purely on race hatred because they feel he has too much power for a Black man to have in this sport.
        Everyone in this sport with power has enemies. There's people who sh^t on every move Al, Eddie, Bob & plenty of powerful boxers make. I don't think people are sh^tting on Al or Bob cuz they are anti-black or anti-jewish far more often than not, I think they just happen to dislike moves they make or put blame on them on moves made or not made by their specific company.

I don't think racism is dead & since its not dead it certainly exists in boxing & with some boxing fans, but I don't believe the majority of people who are critical of Al or Bob or Eddie or Canelo or whoever are doing so cuz they are racist.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Well, Mikey and GRJ are two for certain. Would be foolish to think they are the only two like this.
          Mikey's a fight by fight guy. Thats not the same thing.

When has GRJ discussed his handshake deal? I'd love to read or listen to that discussed.

And if GRJ is legit on a handshake deal as a Haymon guy maybe there are others but I highly doubt the main assets of PBC don't have written contracts.

If Haymon ever got wind he would be forced to sell his contracts (don't believe this), then what is stop him from getting fighters out of their deals beforehand or just do fight by fight basis deals when the contracts expire?
          Thats why you offer more or less money when you don't get some security or you do.

I suspect McConor & Rousey's UFC contracts played onto the value of UFC/Zuffa when Endeavour bought them too. Might just be more ability to go low or high based on the fighters being more or less locked in with a contract.

F#ck if this is legit I suspect part of the deal equals PBC being promoted by Dana so part of the deal maybe to acquire the promotional rights of certain fighters to insure there is something of value that can be confirmed like promotional rights. And if Al can't then no deal.
          Last edited by Eff Pandas; 05-17-2019, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Mikey's a fight by fight guy. Thats not the same thing.

When has GRJ discussed his handshake deal? I'd love to read or listen to that discussed.

And if GRJ is legit on a handshake deal as a Haymon guy maybe there are others but I highly doubt the main assets of PBC don't have written contracts.

Thats why you offer more or less money when you don't get some security or you do.

I suspect McConor & Rousey's UFC contracts played onto the value of UFC/Zuffa when Endeavour bought them too. Might just be more ability to go low or high based on the fighters being more or less locked in with a contract.

F#ck if this is legit I suspect part of the deal equals PBC being promoted by Haymon so part of the deal maybe to acquire the promotional rights of certain fighters to insure there is something of value that can be confirmed like promotional rights. And if Al can't then no deal.
            GRJ mentioned himself in an interview last week during Hurd/Williams fight week.

Sorry I can't tell you at minute mark he said it, but it's there lol.

Comment

The TV deals that happened due to the fighters he has. They weren't getting no TV deals if he didn't have the stable he had. I mean you don't see Main Events with this type of TV deal, do you?
              agreed but the contracts are signed. His whole stable can go to DAZN now and he has the contracts locked in. That would only affect a renewal and it’s what got him the deal in the first place.

Comment

Missed this the first time I read it. What kind of stupid example is that? Does MTK Global run TR like Haymon Sports does PBC?

What are you even doing now?
                huh? MTK global runs their tv deal. It’s all the same like pbc and Haymon boxing

Comment

If a few leave? What makes you think only a few leave? If Haymon is "forced" out, more than just a few are going to leave.
                  Not true pbc has the tv contracts to keep most of them. Some pbc guys want to leave now but don’t because they are under contract

Comment

GRJ mentioned himself in an interview last week during Hurd/Williams fight week.

Sorry I can't tell you at minute mark he said it, but it's there lol.
                    Thanks.

Its right in the beginning. Or he talks about his situation in the beginning is there more to it?

If there isn't more to it than he's just saying he's a promotional free agent. Spence is too. Wilder is too. Most Haymon managed guys are promotional free agents. They still have a contract with Haymon.

I don't buy Haymon isn't doing contracts with his guys with all this money he's gotten already. If I'm W&R I'm not giving Al all the money they allegedly have or even 1% of that money on a handshake he has with fighters. F#ck that wouldn't be a investment that'd be some loan sh^t at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Thanks.

Its right in the beginning. Or he talks about his situation in the beginning is there more to it?

If there isn't more to it than he's just saying he's a promotional free agent. Spence is too. Wilder is too. Most Haymon managed guys are promotional free agents. They still have a contract with Haymon.

I don't buy Haymon isn't doing contracts with his guys with all this money he's gotten already. If I'm W&R I'm not giving Al all the money they allegedly have or even 1% of that money on a handshake he has with fighters. F#ck that wouldn't be a investment that'd be some loan sh^t at that point.
                      No no no. He actually mentions he hasn't had ANYTHING in writing with Haymon for a while so he could go fight anyone at any network. Then the follow up question was so you and your brothers could just go anywhere? He said, well, they actually have a written contract with Haymon.

Comment

Working...
                      X