No announcement yet.

Zuffa Boxing to buy PBC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    No, there is nothing flawed with what I said. So they force Haymon out and what happens to his fighters contracts? You don't "sell" advisor/manager contracts. You force Haymon out then you lose his fighters to. So again, what are you paying for at that point?
    Wait a minute. U don’t sell advisor/manager contracts. That’s definitely not true. Happens all the time. Happened with Abner Mares when Al Haymon bought his contract from Frank Espinoza. You might want to research a little bit before u make fraudulent claims. You can always sell a managerial contract.

You are purely speculating without knowing what the terms of the forced sell would be if Glaser is right. Haymon May have to sign a non compete and be out of boxing for a period of time. You just keep assuming things.

Remember pbc isn’t a promotional company. Its a managerial company. TGB MP etc are the promoters so Dana would be the front man for a boxing managerial company not promotional company. You guys got it twisted.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      LAst fight McGregor made over 10 million. They have lots of guys making good purses in the millions. Your numbers are old. They aren’t paid as much as boxers but way more than you are stating for top stars

These are their top fighters headlining PPVs.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/4/1...ll-with-350000

https://thesportsdaily.com/2019/05/1...tendance-gate/

Comment

Wait a minute. U don’t sell advisor/manager contracts. That’s definitely not true. Happens all the time. Happened with Abner Mares when Al Haymon bought his contract from Frank Espinoza. You might want to research a little bit before u make fraudulent claims. You can always sell a managerial contract.

You are purely speculating without knowing what the terms of the forced sell would be if Glaser is right. Haymon May have to sign a non compete and be out of boxing for a period of time. You just keep assuming things.

Remember pbc isn’t a promotional company. Its a managerial company. TGB MP etc are the promoters so Dana would be the front man for a boxing managerial company not promotional company. You guys got it twisted.
        Haymon bought plenty of contracts out and then signed fighters. That is totally different. Those fighters WANTED to sign with Haymon. Matthysse wanted to stay with GBP so his contract wasn't bought out. None of those fighters were forced to come along with the PBC. What makes you think these fighters signed to Haymon will want to just leave him to go to the WME ownership and eventually Dana White? They would want Haymon still involved in their careers. And further point, Haymon has plenty of fighters with NO written agreements with him that just work on a fight to fight basis.

No, I don't have anything twisted. Read what I am saying. I even said having White as the face promoter is certainly possible. But they just can't push Haymon out and expect to get his fighters. You don't FORCE advisor/manager contracts to anyone.

WME isn't buying the PBC without keeping Haymon on board. Haymon is the value move in this purchase. They keep Haymon, they keep the deepest stable of fighters in the sport and then WME can do whatever they please as time goes on. If they want to create a PBC league like the UFC? Then they can do that or any other thing they plan to do.

Comment

Haymon bought plenty of contracts out and then signed fighters. That is totally different. Those fighters WANTED to sign with Haymon. Matthysse wanted to stay with GBP so his contract wasn't bought out. None of those fighters were forced to come along with the PBC. What makes you think these fighters signed to Haymon will want to just leave him to go to the WME ownership and eventually Dana White? They would want Haymon still involved in their careers. And further point, Haymon has plenty of fighters with NO written agreements with him that just work on a fight to fight basis.

No, I don't have anything twisted. Read what I am saying. I even said having White as the face promoter is certainly possible. But they just can't push Haymon out and expect to get his fighters. You don't FORCE advisor/manager contracts to anyone.

WME isn't buying the PBC without keeping Haymon on board. Haymon is the value move in this purchase. They keep Haymon, they keep the deepest stable of fighters in the sport and then WME can do whatever they please as time goes on. If they want to create a PBC league like the UFC? Then they can do that or any other thing they plan to do.
          You are completely missing the point. Do you know what forced sell means?

Comment

You are completely missing the point. Do you know what forced sell means?
            I'm not missing any point. Seems like YOU are missing the point.

Answer this, if the PBC is sold to WME, do you expect Haymon to still be involved yes or no? Will he still be the fighters advisor/manager?

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
              The PBC brand itself is worth pretty much nothing. What is worth something is "Haymon Sports" and all the advisory contracts that the fighters have signed. Rick Glaser is a ****ing dummy. I don't know why anybody would listen to this clown. If Haymon is forced out of PBC then he would just take all of his fighters elsewhere. PBC is just a faux promotional company/television series that Haymon uses as a vehicle to get his fighters dates and airtime. Without Haymon and his fighters PBC ain't worth ****.
              the pbc brand has the tv contracts with ITV fox and showtime. That’s what is worth the bulk of the money.

Comment

the pbc brand has the tv contracts with ITV fox and showtime. That’s what is worth the bulk of the money.
                LOL, what are those contracts worth if you lose the fighters? That's the whole point here. The fighters are signed to Haymon, NOT the PBC. So you get the TV contracts without the fighters. Great! Now what? How do you build your roster then?

Comment

And how much would that brand be worth if Haymon took all of his fighters away from PBC? If WME forces Haymon out of PBC all of his fighters would leave with him and you know it. That shows you that Glaser's story is total bs.

Comment

I'm not missing any point. Seems like YOU are missing the point.

Answer this, if the PBC is sold to WME, do you expect Haymon to still be involved yes or no? Will he still be the fighters advisor/manager?
                    you are missing the point. The pbc isn’t a promoter. They are a managerial company. Most of Haymon’s fighters are signed to a contract. There are very few on a fight by fight basis and even those sign a contract for each individual fight.

If Haymon is forced to sell its very different than just talking to a company about buying them.

One is voluntary. One isn’t. If it’s voluntary like the UFC deal then Haymon would probably ya e to stay on for a couple years like Dana White then have a non compete for a few years after he steps down.

But if it’s a forced sell which is what glazer is stating then he would be selling his contracts and have a non compete and be out of boxing for however long the non compete stipulates ala Richard Schaefer.
                    That’s the part you are missing.

Comment

LOL, what are those contracts worth if you lose the fighters? That's the whole point here. The fighters are signed to Haymon, NOT the PBC. So you get the TV contracts without the fighters. Great! Now what? How do you build your roster then?
                      u keep making that up. Pbc is a managerial company. Show me where they aren’t signed to pbc. I will wait.

Where would Haymon’s fighter’s fight ? He wouldn’t have deals with fox or showtime anymore if you were right and fox is exclusive to pbc and showtime has a 60 million commitment to pbc a year.

That Wbf IBO iba guy was very clear that contract is iron clad for pbc.

Comment

Working...
                      X