Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zuffa Boxing to buy PBC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dana White's name makes this implausible to me. Dana White operates in a sport where the biggest stars are paid $500K and told what to do. In boxing, guys like Deontay Wilder are offered $20M to fight Dominic Breazeale and reject the offer. The businesses of the two sports are so different.

The only fun part about it would be Dana White's media rants when guys turn down big money fights. That would be very entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      As I said yesterday, this isn't even possible. Fighters are signed to Haymon not PBC. If WME purchases the PBC, they would have to keep Haymon on board. If you lose Haymon, you could damn near lose his entire roster and you would be buying exactly what? You can't sell advisor/manager contracts to someone else. Can they make Dana White the face promoter of the PBC? Sure, but can they get rid of Haymon and expect to keep his fighters? Absolutely not.

That was the major flaw in Glaser's post.
      If we play along and believe Glaser this is the part that makes no sense. The ONLY tangible asset to PBC is the fighters. Without that the PBC brand is useless to anyone buying it. Hell if you bought them out you probably would change the brand name anyway. So how can you buy them and push Haymon out but still keep the fighters? Unless somehow Haymon doesn't have the fighter contracts and they are in fact tied to PBC which I don't know if I buy that. But even if you have some guys tied directly to PBC and NOT Haymon whatever time they have left on the deal is all you got because these fighters will NOT be happy. Say what you want about Haymon and his business model and how that relates to his investors who are probably ot happy with him or fans who might not be happy with him as well one thing we know for a fact is his fighters like him and are loyal to him. Now you replacing him and forcing them to work for a guy who in his own sport is despised and hated by his own fighters with a reputation for robbing and short changing his own fighters. LMAO

Good luck trying to buy Haymon out and keep his fighters and even if you do they will just play out whatever time is left on their deals and bolt. And owning the PBC brand without the fighters makes zero sense.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        If we play along and believe Glaser this is the part that makes no sense. The ONLY tangible asset to PBC is the fighters. Without that the PBC brand is useless to anyone buying it. Hell if you bought them out you probably would change the brand name anyway. So how can you buy them and push Haymon out but still keep the fighters? Unless somehow Haymon doesn't have the fighter contracts and they are in fact tied to PBC which I don't know if I buy that. But even if you have some guys tied directly to PBC and NOT Haymon whatever time they have left on the deal is all you got because these fighters will NOT be happy. Say what you want about Haymon and his business model and how that relates to his investors who are probably ot happy with him or fans who might not be happy with him as well one thing we know for a fact is his fighters like him and are loyal to him. Now you replacing him and forcing them to work for a guy who in his own sport is despised and hated by his own fighters with a reputation for robbing and short changing his own fighters. LMAO

Good luck trying to buy Haymon out and keep his fighters and even if you do they will just play out whatever time is left on their deals and bolt. And owning the PBC brand without the fighters makes zero sense.
        The other issue is you have a lot of fighters who don't even have contracts with Haymon but work with him on fight to fight basis like Mikey Garcia and GRJ. I bet even Errol Spence probably has nothing in writing with Haymon at this point. So what happens to fighters like that?

The PBC selling to WME makes sense in a lot of regards. And it keeps the investors happy as they get immediate return on their investment. But it doesn't make sense for WME to purchase the PBC without Haymon as well. They would need to purchase the entire package and then make their tweaks how they want as time goes on. Like they can negotiate the next TV deals, determine how they want to run their PPVs, get their own sponsors etc.

Glaser always puts his own hot sauce to these posts and it kills his validity. I mean forget the fact how he admitted that he uses facebook friends to determine the PPV buy rate of fights, but he also says a bunch of other crap on the regular.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          As I said yesterday, this isn't even possible. Fighters are signed to Haymon not PBC. If WME purchases the PBC, they would have to keep Haymon on board. If you lose Haymon, you could damn near lose his entire roster and you would be buying exactly what? You can't sell advisor/manager contracts to someone else. Can they make Dana White the face promoter of the PBC? Sure, but can they get rid of Haymon and expect to keep his fighters? Absolutely not.

That was the major flaw in Glaser's post.
          actually it’s your flaw. The pbc isn’t a promotional company. It’s a managerial company. Pbc aka Haymon boxing.

The forced sell is to force Haymon out

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            actually it’s your flaw. The pbc isn’t a promotional company. It’s a managerial company. Pbc aka Haymon boxing.

The forced sell is to force Haymon out
            No, there is nothing flawed with what I said. So they force Haymon out and what happens to his fighters contracts? You don't "sell" advisor/manager contracts. You force Haymon out then you lose his fighters to. So again, what are you paying for at that point?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF
              Steve Kim broke the story, not Glaser.

Glaser is a troll who takes news from others, invents a bunch of nonsense, and puts the most negative spin possible on it.

Haymon and Dana have been talking on and off since the McGregor fight about WME buying PBC.
              Glazer is talking about a forced sell. Very different.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                Dana White's name makes this implausible to me. Dana White operates in a sport where the biggest stars are paid $500K and told what to do. In boxing, guys like Deontay Wilder are offered $20M to fight Dominic Breazeale and reject the offer. The businesses of the two sports are so different.

The only fun part about it would be Dana White's media rants when guys turn down big money fights. That would be very entertaining.
                LAst fight McGregor made over 10 million. They have lots of guys making good purses in the millions. Your numbers are old. They aren’t paid as much as boxers but way more than you are stating for top stars

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF
                  Glaser is a troll who takes news from others, invents a bunch of nonsense, and puts the most negative spin possible on it.
                  Are u sure u aren’t Glaser? U do a lot of the same things

Comment

The PBC brand itself is worth pretty much nothing. What is worth something is "Haymon Sports" and all the advisory contracts that the fighters have signed. Rick Glaser is a ****ing dummy. I don't know why anybody would listen to this clown. If Haymon is forced out of PBC then he would just take all of his fighters elsewhere. PBC is just a faux promotional company/television series that Haymon uses as a vehicle to get his fighters dates and airtime. Without Haymon and his fighters PBC ain't worth ****.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      LAst fight McGregor made over 10 million. They have lots of guys making good purses in the millions. Your numbers are old. They aren’t paid as much as boxers but way more than you are stating for top stars
                      McGregor made far more than $10 million, but that would have been disgusting had he not made that much considering the PPV did 2.4 million buys. If the A-side boxer did 2.4 million buys, he is walking away with 60-70M+. I'm sure it did a lot of buys in the UK as well.

Did McGregor make THAT much though? I doubt it.

The lower tier MMA fighters actually make more than boxers. Just the top ones that get screwed. But that also allows the UFC cards to be more stacked than boxing cards.

Comment

Working...
                      X