No announcement yet.

Zuffa Boxing to buy PBC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
    Pbc needs a front man I’ve been saying that. Schaefer should have done that instead of starting his promotion
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    Schaefer built Golden Boy not Oscar.

Comment

This story is just plain bullshit! Al Haymon and the PBC aren't going anywhere anytime soon. This is just another feeble propaganda attempt aimed at Al Haymon by anti-black racists in order to help undermine and discredit his success because they want to see him fail.

They are both envious and jealous because a black man is the most powerful man in the the sport of boxing; Who wields a very large tremendous amount of influence.

His haters must be really hurting on the inside and they say that success is the best form of revenge. With three new platforms on the horizon with Fox, Showtime and ITV; Al Haymon isn't going no damn where because powerful men don't relinquish power without a fight or a struggle.

Therefore, his enemies are just going to have to contend with him for awhile. So for all of these anti-black racists who are putting out these hit pieces on Al Haymon's demise stick around because he is going to be around for awhile.

Your attacks would only prove to be fruitless and make him that much stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        If Endeavor or anyone else buys Haymon Sports/PBC at some point it doesn't necessarily mean PBC won't be PBC anymore or that Al won't be involved. And I'd lean towards it not changing the name or resulting in Al being out if it did happen.

Endeavor bought the UFC & its still the UFC & Dana White was the Prez & he still is the Prez.

And idk if anyone is or should buy this story, but that doesn't make it not true or not something that could be true. I believe in the court dispositions or w/e Al had during those TR/GBP lawsuits selling the company &/or flipping to promoting were future moves they had in their blueprint of options so idk that this is THAT insane a rumor.

In fact if you know Al's story one of the ways he made a sh^tload of money was selling his concert company to Live Nation back in the day. Which I believe he was still involved with for a time &/or retained a piece of & sh^t he might still own a piece of it idk.

He owns a percentage.
        His big bucks come from his Haymon Events through rappers.
        He offers these fighters investment opportunities on cheap land & helps them develop their businesses.
        That's his major retention tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          If Endeavor or anyone else buys Haymon Sports/PBC at some point it doesn't necessarily mean PBC won't be PBC anymore or that Al won't be involved. And I'd lean towards it not changing the name or resulting in Al being out if it did happen.

Endeavor bought the UFC & its still the UFC & Dana White was the Prez & he still is the Prez.

And idk if anyone is or should buy this story, but that doesn't make it not true or not something that could be true. I believe in the court dispositions or w/e Al had during those TR/GBP lawsuits selling the company &/or flipping to promoting were future moves they had in their blueprint of options so idk that this is THAT insane a rumor.

In fact if you know Al's story one of the ways he made a sh^tload of money was selling his concert company to Live Nation back in the day. Which I believe he was still involved with for a time &/or retained a piece of & sh^t he might still own a piece of it idk.
          I understand and get all of that but Al has made a lot of enemies in the sport who want to see him fail because he is Black and is the most powerful man in the boxing game.

So there is nothing more than these anti-black racists would love is for him to fail. Don't you agree? Most of Al Haymon's detractors and haters are based purely on race hatred because they feel he has too much power for a Black man to have in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever
            This story is just plain bullshit! Al Haymon and the PBC aren't going anywhere anytime soon. This is just another feeble propaganda attempt aimed at Al Haymon by anti-black racists in order to help undermine and discredit because they want to see him fail through their own envy and jealousy because a black man is now running the sport of boxing with a substantial amount of influence and power.

His haters must be really hurting on the inside and they say that success is the best form of revenge. With three new platforms on the horizon with Fox, Showtime and ITV; Al Haymon isn't going no damn where because powerful men don't relinquish power without a fight or a struggle.

Therefore, his enemies are just going to have to contend with him for awhile. So for all of these anti-black racists who are putting out these hit pieces on Al Haymon's demise stick around because he is going to be around for awhile. Your attacks would only prove to be fruitless and make him that much stronger.
            ...or maybe it's just a rumour that may or may not eventually be substantiated. Just cos racism is very real and prevalent it doesn't mean every situation is best interpreted through that lens. Haymon is a businessman and a very successful one and I've no doubt he will continue to be successful as a businessman whether or not he chooses to continue his involvement in combat sports or decides to move in a different direction... whatever decision he does make, though, will be predicated on what is best for his business interests and financial success, not upon some sentimental attachment to PBC (or indeed upon a desire to be seen as some champion of the African American boxing community) - at least, unless he's a fool - which I can say for sure he ain't.

NOTE: Originally posted from the Pick Em Crew account by accident - changed to my regular account for clarity - I ain't claiming to represent the opinions of the CREW here, just my own, Regards. K

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              ...or maybe it's just a rumour that may or may not eventually be substantiated. Just cos racism is very real and prevalent it doesn't mean every situation is best interpreted through that lens. Haymon is a businessman and a very successful one and I've no doubt he will continue to be successful as a businessman whether or not he chooses to continue his involvement in combat sports or decides to move in a different direction... whatever decision he does make, though, will be predicated on what is best for his business interests and financial success, not upon some sentimental attachment to PBC (or indeed upon a desire to be seen as some champion of the African American boxing community) - at least, unless he's a fool - which I can say for sure he ain't.

NOTE: Originally posted from the Pick Em Crew account by accident - changed to my regular account for clarity - I ain't claiming to represent the opinions of the CREW here, just my own, Regards. K
              Very nice post! You chose your words very wisely. Good job!

Comment

Have to take this with a grain of salt because Glazer has an agenda and hates PBC. He could just be piggy backing off Steve Kim reoorting and making up shyt to fill the gaps. Now I do put stock in Steve Kim because he doesn't make shyt up and breaks a lot of boxing news. So if he's reporting it is because a source really told him. But who told him and are they just using him to spread misinformation? Kim breaks news and has a lot of sources but not for PBC. If it were top rank or Golden boy info you can take it to the bank. But PBC they froze Kim out he's one of the media members that PBC specifically banned from their events early on when they launched. So nobody within PBC is talking to Kim and damn sure glazer. Could be someone like Arum telling these stories and used Kim to spread it. Need a more reliable source who breaks PBC news to report on this.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post

Other boxing business powerhouses like Bob Arum, Eddie Hearn, and also Oscar De La Hoya are not interested and or prohibited from purchasing PBC as all PBC fights are on Fox Platforms, and Showtime, because of Arum, Hearn, and Oscar's respective exclusivity, Arum with Disney/ESPN, and Hearn in America with DAZN, and Oscar with DAZN.
                  Why wouldnt they be intrested? they dont have to purchase PBC, they can just poach the figthers. Isnt the infamous tagline with Haymon fighters is that they arent signed to promoters or networks they just have advisory contracts with haymon, so if haymon is really getting the rug pulled from under him be no reason he fighters have to sink with him they arent obligated to any network they are basically free agents that are just loyal to the man behind PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    Have to take this with a grain of salt because Glazer has an agenda and hates PBC. He could just be piggy backing off Steve Kim reoorting and making up shyt to fill the gaps. Now I do put stock in Steve Kim because he doesn't make shyt up and breaks a lot of boxing news. So if he's reporting it is because a source really told him. But who told him and are they just using him to spread misinformation? Kim breaks news and has a lot of sources but not for PBC. If it were top rank or Golden boy info you can take it to the bank. But PBC they froze Kim out he's one of the media members that PBC specifically banned from their events early on when they launched. So nobody within PBC is talking to Kim and damn sure glazer. Could be someone like Arum telling these stories and used Kim to spread it. Need a more reliable source who breaks PBC news to report on this.
                    Ever since Kim got the gig at ESPN, he has been back covering PBC shows and has done a few interviews with Ellerbe I believe. Now, it is unlikely his source is directly from the PBC, but could be someone affiliated with them if that makes sense. The guy who really first broke the PBC to FOX news was Fernando Barbosa. One of the promoters that work with the PBC was his source. Could have been someone like Zanfer who Haymon would have wanted some of his fighters and could have told him we have a deal lined up with FOX. So something similar could happened here with Kim.

As for the line up itself? Yes, this has been rumored in the past. Everyone was assuming with Dana was talking about getting in boxing, it would be with the PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      under this scenario with Dana replacing Al and Al out of the picture do you think that is better for PBC or worse?
                      As I said yesterday, this isn't even possible. Fighters are signed to Haymon not PBC. If WME purchases the PBC, they would have to keep Haymon on board. If you lose Haymon, you could damn near lose his entire roster and you would be buying exactly what? You can't sell advisor/manager contracts to someone else. Can they make Dana White the face promoter of the PBC? Sure, but can they get rid of Haymon and expect to keep his fighters? Absolutely not.

That was the major flaw in Glaser's post.

Comment

Working...
                      X