No announcement yet.

This Is Why Boxers Respect Al Haymon & Why They Should Respect Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... I don't know how Shaw or Haymon had much to do with what happen last night... I guess that the main cause was Hurd having to lose 30-40 lbs in order to make 154...
    With that being said do you believe that Jarrett Hurd should remain at Junior welter or move up to Middle?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      With that being said do you believe that Jarrett Hurd should remain at Junior welter or move up to Middle?
      ... was it rhetorical?...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... was it rhetorical?...
        Fine, so he should move up in weight and forget about the rematch then. I got it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
          Saying Al Haymon isn’t a promoter is a technicality, he is functionally a promoter. Even blind Freddy can see that.

He looks after his guys and gets them paid well for the most part, but the Ali law was introduced for a reason.

If Al Haymon was an adviser instead of a promoter, he’d be crazy to advise Wilder to turn down $100 mil or whatever it was from dazn. He wants Wilder to fight on showtime/pbc etc. Al was looking out for his own interests rather than Wilders, as he wasn’t giving ‘his’ fighter to a rival promoter (Hearn). An adviser doesn’t have rivals, he wants the best deal for his fighter, not his network/stable.
          1. It's not a technicality. The law stated Haymon isn't a promoter.

2. I remember people saying those PBC fighters were stupid for not signing with Roc Nation. Where is Roc Nation Boxing now?

Haymon is the most successful man in boxing over the past 20 years. Brought boxing back to the mainstream TV when everyone said it couldn't be done. Has generated more revenue for fighters, networks, promoters, and Vegas than anyone else. With a track record like his it's crazy to me that people still doubt him. He's a revenue generator. That's why people invest in him. He's good money

Comment

Al just needs his guys to fight more frequently. Especially when they are guys getting TV dates. He'll put on a fight that gets people excited and then both of his guys just disappear for the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Gary Shaw was a piece of sh^t who f#cked over more fighters Adalaide Byrd.
              I worked with Gary for several years and he was always square dealing with everyone I saw. And that included the Corrales/Castillo rematch. And on some of the events I worked with Gary on I handled checks and other matters and not a single complaint against him.

If you are going to make accusations like that, then you should back it up with details, and not just vague character assassinations.......

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                Fine, so he should move up in weight and forget about the rematch then. I got it!
                ... I don't know about the rematch... but Hurd looked like he didn't have energy last night...

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  1. It's not a technicality. The law stated Haymon isn't a promoter.

2. I remember people saying those PBC fighters were stupid for not signing with Roc Nation. Where is Roc Nation Boxing now?

Haymon is the most successful man in boxing over the past 20 years. Brought boxing back to the mainstream TV when everyone said it couldn't be done. Has generated more revenue for fighters, networks, promoters, and Vegas than anyone else. With a track record like his it's crazy to me that people still doubt him. He's a revenue generator. That's why people invest in him. He's good money

10000% false

Comment

All praise uncle Al.....the mysterious man in the shadows, my idol, my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      10000% false
                      Haymon hate squad has arrived.

This is another guy who has been wrong about everything when it comes to Haymon & PBC

But go off tho

Comment

Working...
                      X