No announcement yet.

This Is Why Boxers Respect Al Haymon & Why They Should Respect Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    If you go to the last 30 or so seconds of the video below J Rock says Haymon got him outta a bs ass contract with Gary Shaw, who was pretty notorious for bs ass contracts when he was in the game believe he f#cked Diego Corrales too among others, & that he gots a million dollars worth of real estate.

Now who the f#ck is J Rock til today? He was a bum by half the mfers in this forum & since the Charlo KO & hell I even predicted him to lose, by KO iirc, to Hurd this weekend.

But he's got 1M worth of real estate & til today he was merely a top ten guy who didn't seem like he was going to be more than a top ten guy.

Thats Al Haymon looking out for these mfers to a level few managers/advisors are in the game.

If Manny had a guy like Haymon in his corner instead of that potato head looking mfer he had during his prime he'd probably own 24% of the Philippines by now instead of being stressed by the IRS.

Big Al has also helped Mikey rejuvenate his career, Hell I seen Jermell on Instagram buying acres of land & thanking Uncle Al

Haymon knows how to have a card to look forward too at least once a month. Al brings new life to the sport unlike Old Fart Arum

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... I don't know how Shaw or Haymon had much to do with what happen last night..
      LOL huh?

Where was I talking about that?

I'm talking about why boxers respect Haymon not about the fight last night. Hence the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        It depends on the fighter. A few got away from him and were happy to do so. He is just like any other promoter. They all like the potential gravy trains. The ones with less upside collect dust.
        First off he's not a promoter. Idk why so many are still confused about this in 2019.

Second no he's not like virtually anyone else in boxing, let alone sh^tty ass promoters, I'm aware of. No one is looking to helping boxers fulfill their max financial success potential in the game & out of the game like Haymon does.

Who's doing what Haymon does to the number of guys Haymon does it for? Who's got as many guys talking positively about him to the level they talk positively about him? Lets not bs no one does.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
          I'm pretty sure Korobov is not too pleased with Haymon. Got screwed back to back
          Haymon ain't a boxing judge.

And idk about the first screwing either. I think just like with Canelo vs GGG I that crazy ass Hazard Jr scorecard got people thinking robbery when the outcome was fine. That one scorecard WAS f#cked up doe I agree with that. Close competitive fight, but Mall deserved it. And sh^t worse case if you disagree with that stance it was still close enough to have gone either way so you can't realllllllly b^tch about it when it can go either way. There is absolutely no argument to make that it was a clear & dominant Korobov W I know that much.

I can't comment on the Aleem draw. I only caught the 2nd half of that fight.

Comment

Yeah and that’s probably why most of these promoters / Industry guys in the sport hate the man. Their main priority is getting as much $ as they can off their fighters blood , sweat and tears keeping them always needing them for the paydays they handout until they no longer are needed by these Promoters

And Haymon actually advises his fighters on being financially successful outside of the ring and be able to leave the sport with something not just a case of brain damage and sets them up to be financially set when their done in the sport

I mean JRoc has a million in Real Estate and especially after beating Hurd will leave the sport have financial freedom for the rest of his life. Then look at Matthysse when the first time he retired or was contemplating it , a guy who for years was a attraction had been in multiple big $ , headlining fights say he was no where close to being a millionaire.

Boxing is the sport / business where the guys who control the sport all went to Harvard /Yale probably never been in a fight in their lives make most of the $ in the sport , while the combatants who risk their Life and Health are usually raised up poor , Financially illiterate and often leave the sport with nothing.

F.uck Haymon for not being like most snakes in the sport and actually have his fighters best interest at heart setting them up for life and not just concerned with using them like a personal ATM with no concern for their well being

Comment

If you go to the last 30 or so seconds of the video below J Rock says Haymon got him outta a bs ass contract with Gary Shaw, who was pretty notorious for bs ass contracts when he was in the game believe he f#cked Diego Corrales too among others, & that he gots a million dollars worth of real estate.

Now who the f#ck is J Rock til today? He was a bum by half the mfers in this forum & since the Charlo KO & hell I even predicted him to lose, by KO iirc, to Hurd this weekend.

But he's got 1M worth of real estate & til today he was merely a top ten guy who didn't seem like he was going to be more than a top ten guy.

Thats Al Haymon looking out for these mfers to a level few managers/advisors are in the game.

If Manny had a guy like Haymon in his corner instead of that potato head looking mfer he had during his prime he'd probably own 24% of the Philippines by now instead of being stressed by the IRS.

I agree and you are absolutely right. Haymon looks out for his fighters which is why he is in the most enviable position in boxing today; With so many jealous haters wanting and wishing to see him fail.

Comment

Also, the thing about Al Haymon he is a man of many chances. He gives guys opportunities in order to redeem themselves after suffering setbacks. He deeply cares about his fighters. He just doesn't throw them away he finds a way to recycle them.

Comment

Saying Al Haymon isn’t a promoter is a technicality, he is functionally a promoter. Even blind Freddy can see that.

He looks after his guys and gets them paid well for the most part, but the Ali law was introduced for a reason.

If Al Haymon was an adviser instead of a promoter, he’d be crazy to advise Wilder to turn down $100 mil or whatever it was from dazn. He wants Wilder to fight on showtime/pbc etc. Al was looking out for his own interests rather than Wilders, as he wasn’t giving ‘his’ fighter to a rival promoter (Hearn). An adviser doesn’t have rivals, he wants the best deal for his fighter, not his network/stable.

Comment

Im pretty sure no one accuses Haymon of not paying or robbing his fighters of their money.
                    In fact, the problem is he over payed them to the point that everyone thinks they deserve more than what their market value is.

Comment

Respect to J-rock. Though the dude had beaten my dude in Hurd, glad to see a deserving guy here. I picked J-Rock to beat Charlo, he got KO'ed and I threw him under the bus thinking he might have the skills but doesn't have the chin to do it, but well, he did it, and proved me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X