No announcement yet.

This Is Why Boxers Respect Al Haymon & Why They Should Respect Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post

If you are going to make accusations like that, then you should back it up with details, and not just vague character assassinations.......
    But you've never worked with Haymon and you've been assassinating his character for the 3 years I've been on here......

But go off tho

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      But you've never worked with Haymon and you've been assassinating his character for the 3 years I've been on here......

But go off tho
      never once have I personally attacked Haymons character. I attack his business practices, because he is openly violating the Ali Act, and acting as a promoter. I have never once accused him of cheating a fighter. But a blind man can see the obvious conflicts of interest that he currently has.......

Comment

I'm sure Al Haymon is a fantastic person. Most people seem to like him. But as a boxing fan, all I care about is watching quality fights for low prices.

DAZN is killing PBC this year.

Maybe that's just because of a Russian billionaire's temporary money influx. Maybe it'll go away.

But until then, Haymon's charity means nothing to me as a boxing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
          I'm sure Al Haymon is a fantastic person. Most people seem to like him. But as a boxing fan, all I care about is watching quality fights for low prices.

DAZN is killing PBC this year.

Maybe that's just because of a Russian billionaire's temporary money influx. Maybe it'll go away.

But until then, Haymon's charity means nothing to me as a boxing fan.
          DAZN has had two good fights the whole year, everything else has been mismatches and will continue to be mismatches in the future.

DAZN needs to step it up.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
            I'm pretty sure Korobov is not too pleased with Haymon. Got screwed back to back
            His last two fights with the PBC were some of the best opportunities of his entire career.

He did beat Aleem last night though.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              Respect to J-rock. Though the dude had beaten my dude in Hurd, glad to see a deserving guy here. I picked J-Rock to beat Charlo, he got KO'ed and I threw him under the bus thinking he might have the skills but doesn't have the chin to do it, but well, he did it, and proved me wrong.
              I did the exact same thing

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                never once have I personally attacked Haymons character. I attack his business practices, because he is openly violating the Ali Act, and acting as a promoter. I have never once accused him of cheating a fighter. But a blind man can see the obvious conflicts of interest that he currently has.......
                How many times was he found guilty of violations the Ali act

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... I don't know about the rematch... but Hurd looked like he didn't have energy last night...
                  This fight was very reminiscent of the time Leonard challenged Thomas Hearns for the undisputed Welterweight championship of the world back in 1981.

Leading up to the build up of the fight Tommy was regarded as the bigger and stronger fighter of the two with a much heavier punch than Ray Leonard. However, once the fight began it was clear that Leonard was the stronger fighter of the two.

He was able to back Hearns' up at will by pinning him along the ropes and bullying him on the inside for long stretches at a time. Which was very similar to how J-Rock did Hurd.

Moreover, Tommy appeared very weak and drained with no snap on his punches to hurt Ray Leonard; Perhaps due to excessive weight cutting. Just like Hurd larger size and punches appeared to have no effect on Williams.

In any case, Hearns' and his handlers thought that it would be in his best interest to vacate the 147 lbs division and move up to the 154lb division. Likewise, I believe that it would in the best interest of Jarrett Hurd to follow suit also by moving up a higher weight class too.

Comment

It doesn't matter what fans or promoters think about Haymon it is all about what the fighters think about him but hey it is entertain to watch crazy boxing fans have so much hate for some one they don't know and never heard speak or anything

Only thing is as a fan when fighters are given 100% Freedom to do what they want, we the fans are stuck playing this waiting game for big match ups. Right now according to Gary Russell Jr, even guys in his own stable are not willing to fight him so he is pissed

Would like to see PBC figure out a way to get their guys to be more willing to take that risk and not have this fear of losing
                    Last edited by sicko; 05-12-2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Korobov on the other hand got assraped by Haymon again, i wish we could hear what he has to say about the matter.

Haymon is good for certain american boxers, he abuses european boxers and is terrible for boxing fans.
                      Last edited by Jubei; 05-12-2019, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X