Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which other hw champion in history has unashamedly ducked as transparently as Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Hearn booked Wembley for April this year. Neither you nor any of the other Haymon fans have given a plausible explanation for why he would have done that ... unless it was for the purpose given by Eddie and AJ - to stage a unification fight between AJ and Wilder.

He also went public stating that he wanted to make the fight for last April and pleading, over social media, for Finkel to repond to his attempts to set up a dialogue.

Wilder also went public on social media mocking Hearn and AJ for "begging" to fight him. All ignored by you because it doesn't fit your agenda.

You have no idea whether DAZN are meeting sales projections or not. Personally, I don't give a **** either way, and neither do I give a **** about Haymon's revenue.

All I know is that, however you try and spin what happened last year, Hearn was trying to make the fight this year, and either Wilder/Finkel didn't want it or Haymon blocked it.

I have no idea what you're talking about there. DAZN's US launch was in Oct last year. It has no relevance to Hearn's attempts to make AJ vs Wilder this year.
    How can I answer why he booked Wembley. Neither of us know. You are once again giving him the benefit of the doubt and questioning why I am not because nothing I have seen from Hearn suggested he was serious about making the fight then.

Yes I do. Bigdunny1 posted 2 articles where each source said DAZN was approaching 1 million subscribers in the US and should reach it soon. I also posted an article detailing the amount of money DAZN lost its 1st year (which in fairness I think they assumed would happen.)

I have repeatedly said Hearn tried to make it this year. That doesn't absolve him from previously blocking it. This is no different from you holding Haymon accountable for blocking Stevenson/Kovalev initially then Kov and his team blocking it a couple years later. You didn't absolve Haymon then so don't do the same with Hearn now.

Please be consistent in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      How can I answer why he booked Wembley. Neither of us know. You are once again giving him the benefit of the doubt and questioning why I am not because nothing I have seen from Hearn suggested he was serious about making the fight then.

Yes I do. Bigdunny1 posted 2 articles where each source said DAZN was approaching 1 million subscribers in the US and should reach it soon. I also posted an article detailing the amount of money DAZN lost its 1st year (which in fairness I think they assumed would happen.)

I have repeatedly said Hearn tried to make it this year. That doesn't absolve him from previously blocking it. This is no different from you holding Haymon accountable for blocking Stevenson/Kovalev initially then Kov and his team blocking it a couple years later. You didn't absolve Haymon then so don't do the same with Hearn now.

Please be consistent in this regard.
      Well, whatever else, I could never accuse you you of being inconsistent. You will always support Haymon and the PBC whatever the situation.

You have given me no evidence at all that Hearn has ever blocked a fight between AJ and Wilder, but are using "Hearn blocked it earlier" to absolve Haymon of blame for blocking it now.

Comment

Well, whatever else, I could never accuse you you of being inconsistent. You will always support Haymon and the PBC whatever the situation.

You have given me no evidence at all that Hearn has ever blocked a fight between AJ and Wilder, but are using "Hearn blocked it earlier" to absolve Haymon of blame for blocking it now.
        Pointing out the facts isn't supporting Haymon. It's asking you directly why you have 2 different standards. The fact you go back to Haymon when Kov ducked the 2nd time yet will not go back to AJ when discussing this situation proves this.

I gave you proof Hearn blocked the fight. When I did you used "reserving Wembley" as proof he wanted to make the fight. You have such a low standard of proof for Hearn but then get mad when someone else uses the $50 mil offer as a standard to prove AJ ducked. You can't have it both ways.

At no time have I absolved Haymon of anything. I have pointed out he is blocking it now in dozens of posts and why he is. I am asking you why are you not going back to the beginning given in a similar situation (kov/stevenson) you always went back to the beginning.

We wouldn't be here if Hearn didn't block it first. we'd have had the fight already. Maybe AJ would be unified champ. And maybe he'd have gotten KTFO.

If he wins, DAZN is in great shape with a unified champ making his 1st defense against Potvetkin.

However, if he gets KTFO, DAZN suffers from the jump because it is forced to launch with 1 loss just got KTFO AJ on the comeback against some bum that would usually be fighting Wilder.

How many subscriptions you think AJ/Harrison sells for DAZN?
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-06-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Pointing out the facts isn't supporting Haymon. It's asking you directly why you have 2 different standards. The fact you go back to Haymon when Kov ducked the 2nd time yet will not go back to AJ when discussing this situation proves this.

I gave you proof Hearn blocked the fight. When I did you used "reserving Wembley" as proof he wanted to make the fight. You have such a low standard of proof for Hearn but then get mad when someone else uses the $50 mil offer as a standard to prove AJ ducked. You can't have it both ways.

At no time have I absolved Haymon of anything. I have pointed out he is blocking it now in dozens of posts and why he is. I am asking you why are you not going back to the beginning given in a similar situation (kov/stevenson) you always went back to the beginning.

We wouldn't be here if Hearn didn't block it first. we'd have had the fight already. Maybe AJ would be unified champ. And maybe he'd have gotten KTFO.
          Ok, if you going to cite the phantom $50million as proof of Hearn blocking an AJ/Wilder fight, then there is no point continuing this discussion.

And Haymon most definitely blocked all 3 attempts by Kathy Duva to make the Kovalev/Stevenson fight, so no inconsistency from me on that one.

Comment

Only Riddick Bowe coming to my mind, Wildher really is a pathetic duck.

Comment

Ok, if you going to cite the phantom $50million as proof of Hearn blocking an AJ/Wilder fight, then there is no point continuing this discussion.

And Haymon most definitely blocked all 3 attempts by Kathy Duva to make the Kovalev/Stevenson fight, so no inconsistency from me on that one.
              LMFAO! I didn't cite anything of the sort. Pathetic!

Just go back to the beginning when Hearn lied like you did when Duva asked out of the mando position and re-signed with HBO. That would be you being consistent.

Anything else is extremely biased.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn;19722205[B
                ]LMFAO! I didn't cite anything of the sort. Pathetic!
                [/B]
                Just go back to the beginning when Hearn lied like you did when Duva asked out of the mando position and re-signed with HBO. That would be you being consistent.

Anything else is extremely biased.
                So what evidence have you got that Hearn ever blocked the fight?

Comment

Check out Wilder's twitter account. Everything he posts, the responses are the same ... mockery and derision. The fans know what's what.

Scroll down the responses to his latest tweet. I can't see a single one that isn't ripping him. I would feel sorry for him, but he brought all this on himself by trying to plug a fake narrative that AJ was ducking him, along with all that "till this day" type racial bullshit.
                  Last edited by kafkod; 05-06-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

So what evidence have you got that Hearn ever blocked the fight?
                    I've posted it dozens of times. The fact he wanted to launch DAZN with a fight that wouldn't be a PPV in the US. There was no intention of making the fight then because it wasn't what was best for DAZN.

The huge offer for Wilder recently was in DAZN's best interest. Haymon said no because he isn't going to help Hearn boost DAZN sales.

Both are at fault for blocking the fight. Just hold both accountable.

Comment

I've posted it dozens of times. The fact he wanted to launch DAZN with a fight that wouldn't be a PPV in the US. There was no intention of making the fight then because it wasn't what was best for DAZN.

The huge offer for Wilder recently was in DAZN's best interest. Haymon said no because he isn't going to help Hearn boost DAZN sales.

Both are at fault for blocking the fight. Just hold both accountable.
                      You keep saying that but what evidence do you have for it and how is it relevant to AJ/Wilder?

Comment

Working...
                      X