Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which other hw champion in history has unashamedly ducked as transparently as Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Another one sided post that avoids discussing Hearn saying he wanted a non US PPV fight to launch DAZN, which shows he wasn't interested in making AJ/Wilder when he said he was.
    I don't remember Hearn saying that, but even if he did, how does it mean he wasn't intending to make the AJ/Wilder fight for last April?
    Last edited by kafkod; 05-06-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      both teams have been shameful in their duckery of this one. fury's team, too. they are gonna make some money in '19 and '20 befor they fight each other

the biggets duck in my lifetime at HW was riddick bowe putting the HW championship of the world in the trash can to avoid lennox lewis, who knocked him out as an amateur.

Wilder only has one belt so he's unable to do that , nothing's being enforced on him either but you can get it he had to be would dump his belt in the trash as well.to avoid Joshua .

The biggest ducker is a non PPV attraction unwilling to accept an amount he himself can't do on his own.

Bowe was the attraction , Lewis was not a popular HW when not fighting Holyfield or Tyson.

Wilder is the poster boy of a duck , and will go down as the biggest one in history . The only thing stopping him from getting completely trashed is he's an American and we won't mug him right now but it WILL and is coming .

Comment

Hearn wanted a non US PPV fight for AJ to launch DAZN. As such made a flat fee offer that would cut Deontay out of millions of dollars of the total revenue of the fight. He did this knowing it would be rejected.

You're saying that Hearn wanted Wilder to fight AJ on the terms he offered him .. and that he only offered him those terms because he knew they would be rejected?

That statement is inconsistant on its own terms.

Comment

Another one sided post that avoids discussing Hearn saying he wanted a non US PPV fight to launch DAZN, which shows he wasn't interested in making AJ/Wilder when he said he was.
          It doesn't matter what he wanted the fight would have went to who ever got the most for it .

DAZN wasn't relevant in the beginning of negotiations and would have been a U.S PPV over here but someone thought meetings were counter productive and stalled the fight.

If DAZN was a problem why did Finkel say he had no problems with it and state the agreed to 15 million the REAL agreed to arrangements was a fare deal ? Then go on social media staying he's sending the contract back unsigned ?

You Wilder sheep heads better start upping your games bc walls are rapidly closing in on you cheerleaders with team Wilder not helping you guys out basically admitting they strung the stupid people along for a ride to build Wilder S name up !
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-06-2019, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            Newsflash! The fight will take place in 2020. Wilder even said it himself. He has a full plate this year with Breazeale, Ortiz and possibly even Kownacki.
            "Wilder even said it himself".

Yeah, that's very reassuring lol.

Comment

I love how yall ignore everything Hearn did/said pre Ortiz/Fury.

Comment

Everyone was cool when Hearn tried to big boy Wilder into take a fight when he felt he had the control. Now that Wilder has control people are making him out to be the bad guy.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                  I love how yall ignore everything Hearn did/said pre Ortiz/Fury.

Those guys told you they didn't want the fight until 2020 and everyone seems to forget even though it's on video.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    You can hold both accountable without twisting the truth to try and put more blame on one side than they deserve.

I'm pretty sure that Hearn's plan was to have AJ debut in the States, on DAZN, as the undisputed world HW champ, and to do that he needed to make the undisputed fight yesterday, not some time in 2020, with AJ fighting TBA in his US debut!

Haymon and Hearn are both trying to do what's best for their own business, but only Hearn is willing to take the risk of playing for all the marbles. Haymon won't do that, which means that, right now, what's best for Eddie Hearn is also what's best for boxing and boxing fans.

I don't get it ... don't you want to see AJ and Wilder fight for the undisputed HW crown this year, and for $20, not $100?
                    I'm not twisting the truth. You are just acting as if his primary concern is fans when his primary concern is growing DAZN which no one can fault him for IMO.

There was no way he could launch DAZN with AJ as undisputed champ given Wilder held the WBC belt.

No, Hearn wasn't willing to risk all the marbles. if he had, he would've made the fight prior to launching DAZN but didn't want to risk AJ having no belts and a loss.

SO now fast forward-DAZN isn't meeting projections so he offers WIlder a crazy amount, not because he is doing what is best for fans, but BECAUSE THAT FIGHT WOULD QUICKLY HELP DAZN MEET SALES EXPECTATIONS IT IS NOT MEETING!!

I wanted to see the fight already. The price is not an issue. Hearn deprived me of that by lying about wanting to make the fight when he really wanted to help launch DAZN. So I have been waiting for the fight.

Hearn charging less doesn't make up for blocking the fight initially and lying about wanting to make it.

You have no issue with Hearn trying to maximize his revenue but want to condemn Haymon for doing same.

[QUOTE=kafkod;19721678]I don't even remember Hearn saying that, but even if he did, how does it mean he wasn't intending to make the AJ/Wilder fight for last April?

we've discussed this before. you can't make a Wilder/AJ fight and plan to launch DAZN with a non US PPV at the same time given Wilder/Aj was going to be on PPV to maximize revenue.

Comment

I'm not twisting the truth. You are just acting as if his primary concern is fans when his primary concern is growing DAZN which no one can fault him for IMO.

There was no way he could launch DAZN with AJ as undisputed champ given Wilder held the WBC belt.

No, Hearn wasn't willing to risk all the marbles. if he had, he would've made the fight prior to launching DAZN but didn't want to risk AJ having no belts and a loss.
                      Hearn booked Wembley for April this year. Neither you nor any of the other Haymon fans have given a plausible explanation for why he would have done that ... unless it was for the purpose given by Eddie and AJ - to stage a unification fight between AJ and Wilder.

He also went public stating that he wanted to make the fight for last April and pleading, over social media, for Finkel to repond to his attempts to set up a dialogue.

Wilder also went public on social media mocking Hearn and AJ for "begging" to fight him. All ignored by you because it doesn't fit your agenda.

SO now fast forward-DAZN isn't meeting projections so he offers WIlder a crazy amount, not because he is doing what is best for fans, but BECAUSE THAT FIGHT WOULD QUICKLY HELP DAZN MEET SALES EXPECTATIONS IT IS NOT MEETING!!

I wanted to see the fight already. The price is not an issue. Hearn deprived me of that by lying about wanting to make the fight when he really wanted to help launch DAZN. So I have been waiting for the fight.

Hearn charging less doesn't make up for blocking the fight initially and lying about wanting to make it.

You have no issue with Hearn trying to maximize his revenue but want to condemn Haymon for doing same.
                      You have no idea whether DAZN are meeting sales projections or not. Personally, I don't give a **** either way, and neither do I give a **** about Haymon's revenue.

All I know is that, however you try and spin what happened last year, Hearn was trying to make the fight this year, and either Wilder/Finkel didn't want it or Haymon blocked it.

we've discussed this before. you can't make a Wilder/AJ fight and plan to launch DAZN with a non US PPV at the same time given Wilder/Aj was going to be on PPV to maximize revenue.
                      I have no idea what you're talking about there. DAZN's US launch was in Oct last year. It has no relevance to Hearn's attempts to make AJ vs Wilder this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X