Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn “AJ announcement Sunday , still time if Ortiz wants to accept the offer”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    If you read the quote by his promoter, that Jorge guy, in that one BS article you'd know the odds are maybe +530 or a 15%-ish chance of it happening. Ortiz can want anything, but the promoter has to sign off on it.

Hopefully that greedy f#cking promoter is happy with 28% of the money which is what $2M of the potentially $7M offer is.
    And you believe that BS? You are always sceptical about anything Team Joshua, but you want to believe that BS (Dade Promotions) thing. Where was this “Dade” when he was signing 500k or 300k as an undercard fighter? They were so happy getting 70k from his 300k but somehow they aren’t happy getting a million plus from his biggest payday.

If you believe that statement then I have a farmhouse I want to sell to you on mars.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Probably the idiot promoter tried to squeeze Hearn thinking Ortiz would be the only alternative, burning his bridges in the meantime.

Completely amateur move.

It's obvious Ortiz wanted the 5 or 7million or whatever it was. Even though he knew there's a high chance he'd take an L, he'd be set for life and that's what he's fighting for.

I'd be livid with my promoter if he messed up like this.

Unfortunately for them, Hearn moved on they're left scrambling for a few hundred thousand again.

You actually believe that BS about some promoter? They are trying to deflect this s hit! There is no way Jimenez wasn’t in the knowing. If dade promotions is Haymon then yeah I believe Team Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
        What are you talking about? His own manager said it’s his own promoter stopping the fight being signed because he wants more than the 30% (on top of $5mil Ortiz would get)
        Ortiz should point out that 'promoter' can likely end up with 100% if he wants.
        Of f**k all that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          And you believe that BS? You are always sceptical about anything Team Joshua, but you want to believe that BS (Dade Promotions) thing. Where was this “Dade” when he was signing 500k or 300k as an undercard fighter?
          I was saying "I get it" on both sides the other day when I knew less about this situation then we do today cuz I was working on the assumption Ortiz had a Wilder fight locked up, who he likely feels he has a great chance of beating, & could parlay that into more money vs Joshua in the future, if he won, then he'd get for Joshua now & obviously Eddie just wants a f#cking opponent at this point so I get him not wanting to f#ck around too much.

And now I'm with Eddie's take even more hence believing the offer is actually around $7M instead of the $5M that Ortiz camp has been claiming & as I suspect is cuz the promoter is taking ~$2Mish off the top. So idk wtf you are talking about with being overly critical with Team Joshua with this situation

And the promoter was probably taking 500k to 1M off the top for that fight idk.

Like honestly its news to me Ortiz even has a f#cking promoter. I was surprised to learn this just within a day or w/e. I've been working under the assumption Ortiz was a free agent & was making 100% his own decisions.

And the reality of how boxing works is you can't make 100% your own decisions with a promotional deal & anyone who knows how boxing works knows that sh^t.

They were so happy getting 70k from his 300k but somehow they aren’t happy getting a million plus from his biggest payday.
          Where has it been mentioned the promoter took 70k from a previous fight?

That seems low for him. Thats only 18%.

From the sounds of the Hearn rumored offer he's wanting 28% (assuming the $7M offer is the high end as many people are saying including Mannix who's down with DAZN).

Or I suppose if thats his standard fee maybe that means Eddie's offer is more like $6.1M & the promoter is only taking $1.1M doe idk.

Eddie didn't give an exact figure his offer was he only stated it was bigger than $5M & the fact there is a promoter involved who would be the main source of receiving these offers & could be giving incomplete info to the manager & the manager & Ortiz keep bringing up $5M leads me to believe the promoter is the problem.

But as stated it could be that the promoter & the manager sold Ortiz on being able to get more money from Eddie & after things went south Ortiz was like "wtf I was cool with the $5M".

We shall see whats what if Hearn releases the emails & all that that he saying he'll release. Hopefully he'll do that. I like to see behind the curtain a lil more.

Comment

Regardless of what is released its not going to clear up the promoter/trainer/fighter discussion.

I just don't buy it regardless.

Biggest fight of your career needs to be made in a matter of days and you step back from the discussions? No chance.

They rejected the offer thinking they had team Joshua by the balls. They called it off and cried lowball thinking he would come back with a wheelbarrow full of cash.

Then Eddie played them at their own game. He walked away. And they **** themselves and turned on each other.

The strongest negotiater is always the one who can walk away. Team Ortiz misunderstood that Joshua could walk away. In boxing terms, he's dead right to as well. Overpay for the riskiest fight? No chance!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Those guys are seriously creepy. If you aren't part of the Hearn Reich you are branded a Wilder fan and marched to the gulag. I've seen goofy sports fans in my life but never anything like these guys who spend all day as if they were getting paid to disseminate propaganda. The funniest thing is that they don't even seem to enjoy or understand boxing.

I actually wonder if Hearn is paying idiots to spam.
              Anyone defending Wilders tactics of avoiding fights shouldn't be taking serious at all , this includes you who honesty doesn't really seem to know about boxing and claim to be a business man who gets things wrong an awful lot so who's actually spamming the forum ? Ha

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                You actually believe that BS about some promoter? They are trying to deflect this s hit! There is no way Jimenez wasn’t in the knowing. If dade promotions is Haymon then yeah I believe Team Ortiz.
                Seems like all this came out after the backlash on social media , this team lies as much as Wilders , can't be trusted at all . Though I truly believe Ortiz isn't smart at all and he's surrounded himself by incompetent people which isn't helping.

Comment

Ortiz is a coward, hope he won't get this payday after all. I don't care who it is, stop stalling Eddie and announce the fight already, you have been saying the same crap all week.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                    Eddie Hearn “AJ announcement Sunday , still time if Ortiz wants to accept the offer”

After Ortiz manager comments yesterday

Is this still possible ?

Sounds like either Ruiz or Hunter is lined up already but they are just holding off Incase Ortiz will accept first?
                    ... do you have a link for this on Hearn's Twitter account as well?...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      ... do you have a link for this on Hearn's Twitter account as well?...
                      I haven’t looked on twitter, not sure if he posted anything?

Comment

Working...
                      X