Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury Confirms He Is the Man To Beat, Schools AJ On Lineal Champion History!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Fury & Max talk TR / ESPN mega deal, Lineal championship, etc.

Great interview. I adore the Gypsy King.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      do you just make it up as you go?

Also, it doesn't even say that on Wikipedia.
      Ahh reading comprehension these days is soooo lacking. He assumes that uncontested means that all four belts are obtained. There are so many damn assumptions about the lineal when it is so very easy.

When Fury beat Vlad Vlad was the fan's champion. If you polled all boxing fans, Vlad would be the person called the heavyweight champion. People just cannot think. If they could they would understand that the belt givers are not doing anythng for the fans, or promoting based on the quality of the fighters. The alphabet groups are in it for their interests.

All this BS about the drugs are also crap. None of it matters because beating Vlad gave Fury the title. The lineal is for the fans, it is the mark of the fighter who beat the consensus champ...so what is the consensus champ? It is not the belt holders! It is the champ to the fans.

Robby and his little gang of misfits has taken a big piss on the lineal all in an effort to suck AJ off. Its sad...

Comment

Who did Klitschko beat to become Lineal? I thought it had to be #1 vs #2 to start a new lineage.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Fury was never stripped of any title because of PEDs. He relinquished the WBO and WBA when he was declared medically unfit to fight.

Nobody could strip him of his lineal title, because lineal titles don't actually exist, though lineal champions do, which is a strange one!
          Actually...Lineal Belts do not exist, and lineal titles in the plural do not exist, however the lineal is a title. It is the title and the consensus spoken of is the fans and not any organization to speak of. The reason these distinctions are important is because there was a time as marcjgiano has spoken of, before Sullivan became the champion, when organizations declared who their champion was: It goes back to street gangs in order to lose less life, each gang would pick a champ to fight for the gang.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            Who did Klitschko beat to become Lineal? I thought it had to be #1 vs #2 to start a new lineage.
            Wlad dominated the division for like 11 years defending his title against all challengers, in situations like that you don't need to beat one guy, or two elite contenders, the body of work and dominance over that length of time meant everyone knew he was lineal, even those of us who argued it was a weak era for HWs. He was the lineal and undisputed when Fury took his soul that cold night in Deutschland.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
              Hasn't been an undisputed champ since Lewis. Fury was never lineal.
              What do you mean undisputed. Bobby please tell me you don't let Robby piss down your leg and tell you it is raining...

Forget the word "undisputed" it is a misnomer that little special education elves like Robby and people who are not careful write in for Wiki. The groups that sponser boxing would very much like people to decide that a fighter is worthy because of a belt.

But there is no such thing. the belts don't make a fighter better, or worse, no matter how many are unified. Unless you can tell me that all the alphabet groups pick a champ and a mandatory purely based on who the best fighters are... And nobody can do that because these groups do not do that.

The title the lineal is concerned with is not the undisputed, which just means unifying the belts...It is beating the best out there. that is the difference. How is the best considered? by the fans who watch the sport.

Comment

As a fan of Wilder, I like and respect Fury. I wish the rematch would have gotten made, but I'm not mad at Fury for doing what's best for him. Maybe down the road these 2 can give us 1 or 2 more fights.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  What do you mean undisputed. Bobby please tell me you don't let Robby piss down your leg and tell you it is raining...

Forget the word "undisputed" it is a misnomer that little special education elves like Robby and people who are not careful write in for Wiki. The groups that sponser boxing would very much like people to decide that a fighter is worthy because of a belt.

But there is no such thing. the belts don't make a fighter better, or worse, no matter how many are unified. Unless you can tell me that all the alphabet groups pick a champ and a mandatory purely based on who the best fighters are... And nobody can do that because these groups do not do that.

The title the lineal is concerned with is not the undisputed, which just means unifying the belts...It is beating the best out there. that is the difference. How is the best considered? by the fans who watch the sport.
                  What's up Z?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
                    What's up Z?
                    Ok brother if you want to swing on me like that its all good, just trying to correct an error of equating undisputed with holding belts, Bobby they are two different things.

Comment

This is getting ri***ulaaaas!

People are taking something so simple and screwing it up beyond belief.

Just because something has a belt with it, an organization with it, does not make it more important, or better. to understand the lineal understand the value of consensus. In one of those old quiz shows, "who wants to be a millionaire?" contestants were allowed at some point to get a chance to ask the crowd an answer and decide to use it, or not...It was a good strategy actually usually the consensus was correct.

If you were to start from the day this website started and looked at all the pols you would find that as ****** as people think each other are, the group usually calls the winner in fights.

Now when you give a group knowledge and consensus it looks even better: there are groups of investors for futures and options that have called the correct presidential candidate repeatedly... I think one of these groups has been right ever time.

So when you take fighting fans and ask who is the heavy weight champ? unless a person is brainwashed, they will abide by the man who defeated the best fighter. Only people with an interest will say something like "the WBO has the real champ" etc etc.

it has nothing to do with alphabet groups, belts, etc and everything to do with leveling the playing field.

Comment

Working...
                      X