Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leeroy84 View Post
    "I'll assess their positions, understand the situation, and from there we'll determine the steps to take," Sulaiman added.

"A purse bid's possible. It's their willingness to participate in the bout (that's important); then we'll make a ruling. They might ask for additional time.

"Whenever a fight's been ordered by an organisation it's most likely to happen. - WBC Prez

Does anyone think the WBC will do anything about this?? I mean, they came out and said the fight is "owed to the fans"... If Wilder flatly refuses, are the WBC just going to renege on any purse bids and keep him champion???... that would look awful after what they've said, i don't put it past them though
    never believe the wbc they say one thing and do another we be crooks are corrupt as fuk.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Refuse in what sense? It wouldn't be Wilder pulling out of the purse bid if it gets to that point. Fury's side has already said they won't take the 60/40 split of the purse bid. So much better chance Fury pulls out of the purse bid, now Wilder. Now, maybe the WBC can change the split to 50/50? You would think they would have already announced it if that was part of their plans.
      how about wbc order the purse bid and see who wins that should settle it. whoever wins gets the fight. fury says a lot of things and so do the wbc lol

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Refuse in what sense? It wouldn't be Wilder pulling out of the purse bid if it gets to that point. Fury's side has already said they won't take the 60/40 split of the purse bid. So much better chance Fury pulls out of the purse bid, now Wilder. Now, maybe the WBC can change the split to 50/50? You would think they would have already announced it if that was part of their plans.
        Sorry, i meant if the purse was won by ESPN or hearn.
        But yeah, the Fury pullout is also extremely likely, he is full of himself and im certain its his arrogance thats got us here (and money), not fear or AJ etc

TBH, I dont hold Fury as the lineal champ, his absence and the reasons for it make me believe he lost his right but i am extremely proud of his transformation and then his effort and heart in the wilder fight.
        IMHO Fury deserves no more than 30% to fight the champ, i dont see why he's special until he's won something.
        But credit where its due i suppose, just seems like with the WBC saying 40% to Fury instead of the norm, they are being very obvious with who they want to be the next champ.
        Its disrespectful to Wilder really but then I never liked Wilder as champ too, I just love the sweet science

And before anyone screams AJ fan, he's stiff as a board and need to take hearns hand from up his ass

Just get these guys in the ring :-)
        Last edited by leeroy84; 02-22-2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          By Keith Idec - Tyson Fury overcame three life-threatening conditions alcoholism, cocaine addiction and depression and two knockdowns against Deontay Wilder to continue crafting one of the most fascinating, inspiring sports stories of our time. His numbers this week don't favor Fury nearly as much, certainly no...
          [Click Here To Read More]
          Good write up, I see you Keith.

Things are getting interdasting. This news has shaken the boxing world to the core, and we can only hope this doesn't drag out like Floyd/Pedquiao.

Comment

• Damn shame. That's boxing for you, everybody will hide behind their networks and promoters.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOOTALLCLOWNS View Post
              how about wbc order the purse bid and see who wins that should settle it. whoever wins gets the fight. fury says a lot of things and so do the wbc lol
              Agreed, that is the best and most simple solution here. Whoever wins the purse bid gets to air the fight. Only problem is, for that to happen they would need to change the splits to 50/50 for Fury to accept. And that is unlikely as they will keep the 60/40 split for the champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                Good write up, I see you Keith.

Things are getting interdasting. This news has shaken the boxing world to the core, and we can only hope this doesn't drag out like Floyd/Pedquiao.
                The first part is but the rest is debunked. Arum said no contracts were sent. These guys can't distinguish proposals to contracts . It's a misleading article to set up Tyson as the ducker like they did with AJ.Kind of pathetic.

Comment

Sorry, i meant if the purse was won by ESPN or hearn.
                  But yeah, the Fury pullout is also extremely likely, he is full of himself and im certain its his arrogance thats got us here (and money), not fear or AJ etc

TBH, I dont hold Fury as the lineal champ, his absence and the reasons for it make me believe he lost his right but i am extremely proud of his transformation and then his effort and heart in the wilder fight.
                  IMHO Fury deserves no more than 30% to fight the champ, i dont see why he's special until he's won something.
                  But credit where its due i suppose, just seems like with the WBC saying 40% to Fury instead of the norm, they are being very obvious with who they want to be the next champ.
                  Its disrespectful to Wilder really but then I never liked Wilder as champ too, I just love the sweet science

And before anyone screams AJ fan, he's stiff as a board and need to take hearns hand from up his ass

Just get these guys in the ring :-)
                  See, I don't think Wilder will pull out if it goes to purse bid and his side loses. Wilder needs the WBC strap for not only negotiating power against say a potential AJ showdown, but just for the PBC. They have a stable of HWs that would go elsewhere if Wilder was to a vacate. And having a belt gives the PBC a chance to potentially get Whyte for a fight or two.

And TR will eventually need one of their HWs to get one of the big four big belts. Getting Wilder's WBC strap is the easiest solution, but no guarantee the rematch gets done. Then you are relying on mandatories like Pulev or potentially Rivas to beat AJ, and that just isn't happening.

Comment

Why would Fury want to get robbed again for 50%, when he's the draw??
                    Not only was the last fight a cherry pick gone wrong, that cherry is leaving an awful sour bitter taste behind too
                    F0ok that coward Wilder, he'll lose or get stripped within 12 months anyway
                    Well played Fury.... Couple of tune ups to get to 100%, build up to an AJ fight and let the WBC strap find a more deserving, maybe even a decent boxer, take hold of it in the interim..
                    Fury don't need Wilder, Wilder NEEDS Fury

Comment

• Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                      AJ didn't avoid Ortiz he had a IBF mandatory due against Pulev since before Ortiz even became the mandatory with the WBA AND before Joshua even won the WBA title.

The WBA and IBF agreed that pulev would go first and AJ had 90 days to come to an agreement with Ortiz after that fight.

Ortiz had his mandatory spit and he then chose to go fight Wilder as a voluntary for 10% of the money.

Those are FACTS.

Please try to debate me, I want to embarrass you further.
                      AJ has still yet to fight Pulev though, lol.

So, yeah, stalling out Luis Ortiz, while also stalling out Wilder (locking in an April 2019 fight in August 2018 was rich), to then fight Povetkin as the WBO mandatory and try a double mandatory lol.

How dumb do you think people are?

Comment

Working...
                      X