Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder is self-promoted and a free agent. No need for a five-fight deal. It's becoming more and more apparent that Fury wants nothing to do with Wilder right now. Arum's "tremendous" offer to Wilder keeps it that way. The undertaker can only take so many of those right hands...

Looks like Fury is being preserved and protected for the time being. No shame in that after that scary double-punch 12th round knockdown. Hope he's ready to fight the winner of Wilder-Joshua next year.

Comment

• Wilder fans are incredibly stupid. Wilder said himself that he's a free agent but Wilder fans don't want him to fight Fury on ESPN.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        Wilder won't make 4 million anywhere else. It's close to double his highest fight without PPV involvement. People cry about money on here an awful lot but these are crunching the numbers, they don't need Wilder now.

They're doing him a favor and he's going to look like a fool anyway.
        Wilder owns his show.

Between the money that Showtime is already set to back Wilder with, the increased value of the UK rights with the ITV deal, and Wilder continuing to grow as a ticket seller in his markets (Wilder still has room to sellout Barclays), you're drastically understating the amount of money that's there for Wilder off of PPV, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          "that's his only option to fight Wilder" huh? What are we talking about here now? Actually, what are you trying to say here?

Are you saying Wilder has received multiple offers and this is only one of them?
          It's an option to take it he wants more money. Wilder has the Fury rematch option but he's going to have to wait then ,because under ESPN they want a showcase Fury fight. Why not make double your non PPV earnings in an intern fight ? Only Wilder can duck the fight ,he can go kick rocks and whine but in the END he's run out on Joshua and is like a child not getting his way now that the script has flipped.

Comment

• Fury says he fights for the love of fighting and not for the money but that's a lie. With his new deal Fury doesn't need Wilder to make big money and I doubt he wants to take his chances in a rematch with Wilder when he was damn near KOed in the first fight. The offer from Arum was an insult and no way Wilder should take it. I doubt there will ever be a Fury vs Wilder rematch because I don't think Fury will ever agree to a rematch. I am not a Wilder fan but I call things as I see them.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
              It's an option to take it he wants more money. Wilder has the Fury rematch option but he's going to have to wait then ,because under ESPN they want a showcase Fury fight. Why not make double your mom PPV earnings in an intern fight ? Only Wilder can duck the fight ,he can go kick rocks and whine but in the END he's run out on Joshua and is like a child not getting goes way now that the script has flipped.
              So you said ALL that to say Arum did indeed offer a five fight deal with the rematch NOT happening next. Okay then, could have saved a lot of time there.

What I'm saying is, Wilder ISN'T going to take a five fight deal so let's see if Arum throws out another offer, but this time just for the Fury fight. Only person who seems to want to delay the rematch is Arum with his quotes and this supposed contract he sent over. Maybe he comes back with a new offer today with the Fury fight happening next, who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Wilder owns his show.

Between the money that Showtime is already set to back Wilder with, the increased value of the UK rights with the ITV deal, and Wilder continuing to grow as a ticket seller in his markets (Wilder still has room to sellout Barclays), you're drastically understating the amount of money that's there for Wilder off of PPV, lol.
                Wilder won't be doing any PPVs. Delusional!

Comment

• Until there’s one governing body to oversee this farce that’s become boxing and cretins like scumbag bob are dead retired or out of the game this circus will continue

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Wilder owns his show.

how do you know what's in wilder's contract? owns his show? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      I mean if you want to disqualify Idec's reporting because boxingscene is owned by CBS, that's your choice.

But Idec has been rock solid for years. Btw, he even said on Mannix's podcast a few days ago that he still expects the rematch to happen and said even if it has to take place on ESPN.
                      I haven't read many of his articles thats all, it's nice to hear he's reliable though so i'll take that into account.
                      I'd like to see some more reporting on it since to me its a massive road block in the deal (compared to the 2 fight deal Arum discuss') which would be in the wider news and the fact the only reporting is here, despite the author crediting multiple sources, is worrisome

I really do want the fight to happen but the postering from both sides is poisonous sometimes, this includes Fury and AJ (& their teams)

Comment

Working...
                      X