Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
    That's the point it's left out. It won't matter anyway you Wilder fans will just roll with what you want.

Pillow fists said it perfectly read his post on the previous page 16 , I'll end it there.
    So what are you going off of when you say that's only optional and a direct Fury offer was sent? Because what Idec is saying is what Wilder supposedly received from Arum on Wednesday.

No, pillowfists is badly mistaken if he thinks being a network FA means he should just take a five fight deal elsewhere. That's now how it works. And that would then technically prevent him from being a network FA as he said. Anyways, it has also been reported that SHO may have rights to first refusal for the rematch. So not as cut as dry as Wilder's comments from a few days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post
      Did you notice how the writer didn't make reference to the eliminator between Brezeale/Whyte? He simply assumed Brezeale will get Wilder right away. Well, I'd like to see the WBC's next move and won't be surprised if they make a fool of themselves... again.
      Breazeale was already named mandatory challenger, lol.

With the WBC officially mandating Wilder-Fury 2, the WBC gave Breazeale a step-aside fight (and added a shiny trinket on top of it).

Why act dumb?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
        I am demanding Mayweather Khabib but this time on Khabib conditions in the octagone. Would be a pleasure to watch.
        Co ty gosciu pierdolisz?

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
          Wilder and Fury were each guaranteed $10M.
          For the rematch or first fight? If it’s for the rematch then you are wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
            If it’s an interim fight before stepping back up to Fury 4 million is a great offer. It’s not like they are going to expect him to fight Fury, AJ, Big Baby, or Whyte.

He won’t make 4 million against any opponent if it not them 4 I mentioned. 4 million to fight a tomato can. Sounds like a smart business move to me because still even after the Fury fight the American audience is not clamoring for him.

Get that easy 4 million.
            No way he would accept that, he turn down higher offers than that even before his profile went up against Fury. Now that his profile is higher why would be accept 4m dollars, even for an interim fight he would want more than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Why the **** would Wilder give Bob Arum his next five fights, at any price?

Answer that before you start spinning, lol.
              Where did I say he has to give Arum five fights? You are the one spinning. Read all my post along with others who are posting the same thing. You would see everyone of us use the word “No string” “No option” “One fight deal” etc No one is wanting or claiming Wilder has to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                **** Bob Arum and his company.

Wilder is now likely to fight Dominic Breazeale on that May date (won't be PPV, but Showtime or FOX will gladly carry the fight, ITV will feature the fight in the UK, and it'll likely head to Wilder's 18k-seat venue in Birmingham or stay in Brooklyn tbh), with Wilder likely on a 80/20 share and owning a significant piece of the show.

Wilder wins that fight, and his camp likely goes into talks with Joshua; if Joshua is still on that bull**** (fight has to be in the UK, fight has to be on DAZN in the US, etc), Wilder moves on to his second PPV (likely an Ortiz rematch at this point).

If Joshua and Fury are still bull****ting after that, Wilder builds to a possible Spring 2020 PPV against Kownacki/Joyce (or whomever emerges).

85/15 share and ownership of your own pie, isn't a bad way to live a life, especially as you're breaking out on PPV.
                Good luck to that, am sure some fans would support that. Hope a lot don’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P Forever View Post
                  payouts for the PPV card, which starts at 9 PM ET:
                  Deontay Wilder (40-0Here are the , 39 KOs) $4,000,000
                  Tyson Fury (27-0, 19 KOs) $3,000,000
                  Jarrett Hurd (22-0, 15 KOs) $1,000,000
                  Jason Welborn (24-6, 7 KOs) $30,000
                  Luis Ortiz (29-1-1 NC, 25 KOs) $375,000
                  Travis Kauffman (32-2, 23 KOs) $125,000
                  Joe Joyce (6-0, 6 KOs) $40,000
                  Joe Hanks (23-2, 15 KOs)
                  And 250k PPV buys covers all of that and then some.

So, you've still got the 75k+ PPVs on top of that, the PPVs that Showtime sold digitally, the proceeds from the live event, the UK money on BT Sport Box Office, and every other revenue stream as upside for Wilder and Fury to split up.

Fury's take ended up being $9.1m (£7m), so that'd put Wilder's share at just under $14m (if the guarantee is accurate of the split and all other expenses being equal).

Comment

• "I'll assess their positions, understand the situation, and from there we'll determine the steps to take," Sulaiman added.

"A purse bid's possible. It's their willingness to participate in the bout (that's important); then we'll make a ruling. They might ask for additional time.

"Whenever a fight's been ordered by an organisation it's most likely to happen. - WBC Prez

Does anyone think the WBC will do anything about this?? I mean, they came out and said the fight is "owed to the fans"... If Wilder flatly refuses, are the WBC just going to renege on any purse bids and keep him champion???... that would look awful after what they've said, i don't put it past them though

Comment

• Originally posted by leeroy84 View Post
                      "I'll assess their positions, understand the situation, and from there we'll determine the steps to take," Sulaiman added.

"A purse bid's possible. It's their willingness to participate in the bout (that's important); then we'll make a ruling. They might ask for additional time.

"Whenever a fight's been ordered by an organisation it's most likely to happen. - WBC Prez

Does anyone think the WBC will do anything about this?? I mean, they came out and said the fight is "owed to the fans"... If Wilder flatly refuses, are the WBC just going to renege on any purse bids and keep him champion???... that would look awful after what they've said, i don't put it past them though
                      Refuse in what sense? It wouldn't be Wilder pulling out of the purse bid if it gets to that point. Fury's side has already said they won't take the 60/40 split of the purse bid. So much better chance Fury pulls out of the purse bid, now Wilder. Now, maybe the WBC can change the split to 50/50? You would think they would have already announced it if that was part of their plans.

Comment

Working...
                      X