Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Why would Wilder accept 4m dollars? He would look like a mug after calling higher offers slave wages. I actually feel sorry for him in that sense. He was expecting the Fury rematch which would have probably made him 20m dollars if it sold well, and now you offering him an interim fight for 4m dollars? Didn't he get a better offer to fight Whyte 18 months or so ago?

Arum should offer him something better for the interim fight, unless they knew the offer wasn't far off what he made from the fury fight. Because there is no way you can offer someone 4m dollars if he made what his fans believe was 14 to 20m in his last fight.
    If it’s an interim fight before stepping back up to Fury 4 million is a great offer. It’s not like they are going to expect him to fight Fury, AJ, Big Baby, or Whyte.

He won’t make 4 million against any opponent if it not them 4 I mentioned. 4 million to fight a tomato can. Sounds like a smart business move to me because still even after the Fury fight the American audience is not clamoring for him.

Get that easy 4 million.
    Last edited by True-Boxing-Fan; 02-22-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robertthebruce View Post
      It would make sense for the WBC to order a mandatory with Breazeale as they only asked for the Whyte eliminator as they wanted the Fury rematch but now that Fury is chickening out they should order Breazeale/ Wilder and strip Wilder if he refuses
      lol... You're a funny fella. Seems the corruption in the WBC suits you fine. No further comment.

Comment

• This is a simple case....on Wilders end of loyalty over money. Wilder would be paying 4 people (Arum Deas, Finkel and Haymon) if he signed on with Arum. Plus Haymon mindset is fighters first. Arum's mindset is Arum first. There have been many fighters that got away from Arum so they can control their own career. Floyd, Cotto, Oscar, Garcia and finally Pac.

Short term in signing with Bobby would be good, but long term would probably hurt more than help. Also calls Haymon a cancer of the spoet. I don't think so. Arum hates that Ahymon is bucking tradition by doing fight by fight deals with promoters just like Jim Jacobs and Bill Caton were going to do with Tyson, but ended up going with Don King.
        Last edited by Detroit29; 02-22-2019, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit29 View Post
          This is a simple case....on Wilders end of loyalty over money. Wilder would be paying 4 people (Arum Deas, Finkel and Haymon) if he signed on with Arum. Plus Haymon mindset is fighters first. Arum's mindset is Arum first. There have been many fighters that got away from Arum so they can control their own career. Floyd, Cotto, Oscar, Garcia and finally Pac.

Short term in signing with Bobby would be good, but long term would probably hurt more than help. Also calls Haymon a cancer of the spoet. I don't think so. Arum hates that Ahymon is bucking tradition by doing fight by fight deals with promoters just like Jim Jacobs and Bill Caton were going to do with Tyson, but ended up going with Don King.
          Great comment, and definitely food for thought.

Comment

• Pretty lame article. I wasn't aware that this website was owned by CBS but now it makes a lot more sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post
              lol... You're a funny fella. Seems the corruption in the WBC suits you fine. No further comment.
              The interim fight against breazele/Whyte was only called because wilder/fury2 was going to happen, if no wilder/fury2 taking care of mando and not having a unnecessary interim wbc champ is most logical next fight for wilder with less confusion and mando out of way to get wilder/aj in fall

Comment

• Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                PLEASE READ THE ARTICLE IT STATES WILDER WAS OFFERED A 5 FIGHT DEAL

IT IS FIRST MENTIONED IN THE 7TH PARAGRAPH .

Don’t know why you guys can’t Even admit you didn’t read the article.

Just keep writing away guys and make yourselves look ******ed writing and acting as if what you say is based on facts when the article your posting on basically contradicts every thing you write and what you wrote was wrong pretty much fueled by estrogen . With 1 guy trying to play it off like i didnt read it and just making it seem like it isn’t in there while the other supposedly read the article but somehow missed the 2 -3 paragraphs mentioning TR offering Wilder a deal

Have a little bit of self respect for yourselves and just say I didn’t read the article Like who f.ucking cares it’s the Internet youre invisible.
                I couldn’t even make this up if I tried

I’m done don’t Quote me
                Redeemer is a fake a$$ liar he doesn't know boxing makes up stuff on the go and cant even remember the lies afterwards. Don't waste your time on that fool. I called out redeemer as a fake paid poster and redeemer dint even deny it said the wbc striped Wilder and Whyte is ducking AJ. you cant have an intelligent exchange of info with a moron.

Comment

• Everyone's ducking Wilder until he ages a couple years and loses some of his explosiveness. I wanted Wilder to prove without a doubt from anyone that he is the best. Unfortunately, I suppose this acknowledgment from Fury that he wants no part of Deontay is the closest we'll get to that. Boxing can't get out of its own way.

Good news is: From now until Wilder ages, he is the king of the heavyweight division. If the other two kings are too scared to even step in the ring with you until you get old, you're the king.

This is Wilder's era. Enjoy the couple years left. If they beat him when he's old, it'll ring hollow just like May-Pac. Prime for prime, I'll take Deontay over any heavyweight in history. That power is unseen in the heavyweight division. It's not to be messed with.

B000mmbzzZZQQQUAAAD!

Comment

• The fans are to blame. They rather buy mayweather mcgregor than a quality fury wilder fight and the numbers are clear about that. I’m surprised people aren’t in here demanding mayweather khabib

Comment

• I am demanding Mayweather Khabib but this time on Khabib conditions in the octagone. Would be a pleasure to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X