Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

By Keith Idec - Tyson Fury overcame three life-threatening conditions alcoholism, cocaine addiction and depression and two knockdowns against Deontay Wilder to continue crafting one of the most fascinating, inspiring sports stories of our time. His numbers this week don't favor Fury nearly as much, certainly no...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why would Wilder accept 4m dollars? He would look like a mug after calling higher offers slave wages. I actually feel sorry for him in that sense. He was expecting the Fury rematch which would have probably made him 20m dollars if it sold well, and now you offering him an interim fight for 4m dollars? Didn't he get a better offer to fight Whyte 18 months or so ago?

Arum should offer him something better for the interim fight, unless they knew the offer wasn't far off what he made from the fury fight. Because there is no way you can offer someone 4m dollars if he made what his fans believe was 14 to 20m in his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Why would Wilder accept 4m dollars? He would look like a mug after calling higher offers slave wages. I actually feel sorry for him in that sense. He was expecting the Fury rematch which would have probably made him 20m dollars if it sold well, and now you offering him an interim fight for 4m dollars? Didn't he get a better offer to fight Whyte 18 months or so ago?

Arum should offer him something better for the interim fight, unless they knew the offer wasn't far off what he made from the fury fight. Because there is no way you can offer someone 4m dollars if he made what his fans believe was 14 to 20m in his last fight.
      Wilder won't make 4 million anywhere else. It's close to double his highest fight without PPV involvement. People cry about money on here an awful lot but these are crunching the numbers, they don't need Wilder now.

They're doing him a favor and he's going to look like a fool anyway.

Comment

Stay independant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
          Wilder won't make 4 million anywhere else. It's close to double his highest fight without PPV involvement. People cry about money on here an awful lot but these are crunching the numbers, they don't need Wilder now.

They're doing him a favor and he's going to look like a fool anyway.
          I swear his fans said he made 14m to 20m dollars in his last fight, so i doubt he would accept 4m from ESPN. Maybe the 50m dollars that "they" have for AJ would be used for his next two fights.

I mean showtime showed Whyte the money, he saw the 50m dollars. They could use that for Wilder next two fights.

Comment

Wilder fans have already taken measures into their own hands and blocked Robbie Barrett. Surely he couldn’t be right all along when all of you doubted him? The forfeit of all wilder fans watching Wilder’s next fight against Brezeale drenched in Baby oil is a strong possibility

Comment

I don’t think you can call Fury’s decision “dubious”. You shouldn’t criticise a fighter for making any decision which makes them far richer than they already are - the path they’ve chosen is too hard to begrudge them that.

Comment

Just when the heavyweight division was on rise, the managers figured out a way to fuck it up!

Comment

I wonder what the original purse split for wilder and fury was in the first fight. I don't think its on record.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                    Wilder fans have already taken measures into their own hands and blocked Robbie Barrett. Surely he couldn’t be right all along when all of you doubted him? The forfeit of all wilder fans watching Wilder’s next fight against Brezeale drenched in Baby oil is a strong possibility
                    Did you notice how the writer didn't make reference to the eliminator between Brezeale/Whyte? He simply assumed Brezeale will get Wilder right away. Well, I'd like to see the WBC's next move and won't be surprised if they make a fool of themselves... again.

Comment

Working...
                    X