Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN Numbers for Canelo/Fielding "Shockingly Low"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not surprising in the least. Who seriously didn't see this coming?

Everyone and their ****in grandmother knew it was only a matter of time that once mayweather left, the ratings would plummet.

All that's left is mayweathers c.u.m rag. Who wants to watch a guy that literally got his hole torn by a guy that's now retired?

Mayweather was the sport of boxing.
    Last edited by HitmanTommy; 12-18-2018, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
      This Meltzer guy is stating the obvious! Of course the paying subscribers are shockingly low, with 5 million downloads before the Canelo fight and all were probabl taking advantage of the free month to watch Canelo. The subscriber number will likely rise over the next few months but will obviously depend on the quality of schedule.
      But who we even know that the so called millions of people who downloaded the app even subscribed? I've downloaded apps only to delete them real quick because I didn't like what it was offering or had to pay for it where I had something similar for free.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        So this idiot wants us to believe that even though there is proof that over 5 million downloaded DAZN right before the canelo fight but none of them actually watched the fight even though they gave out free subscription? Yeah I call bullshyt. There was no other reason to download that app if you wasn't trying to watch canelo. The only question is how many who signed up and watched for free will continue paying or will they just pay when canelo fights. But clearly canelo drew a ton of action to the app and sold out MSG all for a fight against a nobody. Pretty impressive
        Just because a certain people downloaded the app doesn't mean they actually subscribed to it to watch the fight. People downloaded the app thinking it was free and probably decided not go through with it after being asked for your credit card info. Happens all the time

Comment

It is possible, it is a NEW APP! the numbers are not good right now I'm sure on top of it not really being a big fight

It is going to take time and it is going to take MEGA FIGHT(S) to grow numbers and no Canelo alone still won't be enough. DAZN is going to need quality fights in between Canelo fights as well. They're trying to use everybody BUT AMERICANS to buildup the APP IN AMERICA! Good Luck with that!
          Last edited by sicko; 12-18-2018, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
            I think the biggest reason was simple. People hear "FREE" to watch Canelo. They download the app, and then whoops it asks for your credit card. Wha wa wa. Interest over.

My guess a ton of people never made it past the paywall..
            Exactly!!! People think just because they downloaded the app they automatically subscribed.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
              Exactly!!! People think just because they downloaded the app they automatically subscribed.
              Look at how excited you get over the prospect of DAZN busting and not doing well in this boxing venture as they work with Canelo.

A true hater.

Comment

This seems contradictory to DAZN getting so many downloads over the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  What agenda what Meltzer be pushing here? Why would he care if DAZN does well or not?

And he's not just a PPV insider. He had all the WWE network numbers before anyone as well. You're making it seem like Meltzer is just a Joe blow.
                  he's a PPV guy that's how he makes a living right. Well DAZN is running ads saying PPV is dead. But you can't see the agenda? Sure buddy. WWE AND UFC PPV has nothing to do with boxing or DAZN a new subscription based app not ppv. The man is lying and clearly has a agenda against DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    he's a PPV guy that's how he makes a living right. Well DAZN is running ads saying PPV is dead. But you can't see the agenda? Sure buddy. WWE AND UFC PPV has nothing to do with boxing or DAZN a new subscription based app not ppv. The man is lying and clearly has a agenda against DAZN.
                    Dude what? Did you really just imply he takes offense for DAZN's moniker of PPV is dead? LOL whaaaaat?

He's a guy that gets all the PPV numbers for the UFC. He's the guy that gets all the numbers for the WWE network and how many subscribers they have. WWE network is NOT about PPV's. He is the guy that gets the dirt sheets for the WWE before anyone.

Again, this isn't no Joe blow. Meltzer is plugged in and is close to some people in Bellator....who air their fights on what streaming service again????

"The man is lying and clearly has a agenda against DAZN" L-O-L.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
                      Look at how excited you get over the prospect of DAZN busting and not doing well in this boxing venture as they work with Canelo.

A true hater.
                      DAZN has been a bust since the beginning, has nothing to do with Canelo. They thought they were gonna go through the roof with subscriptions with him. I watch boxing on any network, but I only pay for what I want to see. I'd pay for DAZN when they actually start putting on content that I'm interested in.

Comment

Working...
                      X