No announcement yet.

DAZN Numbers for Canelo/Fielding "Shockingly Low"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
    You mean the guy who has sources in the cable and satellite companies who will be directly affected by people cutting the cord if DAZN can turn into a Netflix for sports?

I'm sure there's no agenda there and they give him the raw data.
    THIS ^^^^^^Unless DAZN releases these numbers nobody can claim to know if they are good or bad. which they won't even do even if they great hell Netflix doesn't even release viewing data and they make money hand over fist. PPV numbers you can validate to an extent without even dealing with promoters by going to the cable and satellite providers. You can validate cable and tv numbers by going to Nielsen public released ratings. But apps are private all we have are download figures which were extremely high with folks downloading DAZN for the Canelo fight. But over 5+ million didn't go out there way to download it and NOT watch the Canelo fight which was given for free. So when some clown says the views for the Canelo fight were low and has no proof to back it up I call bullshyt. He clearly has a ax to grind or is talking to guys with a ax to grind with DAZN and their business model that effects them.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      a third ggg fight is big but not that big and for 10 dollars not 70. some number cruncher must have forgot to carry a zero when offering canelo that contract
      This is what I keep saying. When we get Canelo vs GGG/Jacobs/Charlo for $10 that's when I'll be a believer. The highest non-PPV rating Canelo got on HBO was 2.2 million. DAZN needs 3.3 million PAID subs to cover Canelo's purse. The numbers aren't adding up.

Comment

Duh!! If you say watch it "online" or on a app to people nowadays that means they will get it how ever and where ever they can get it. Why pay.

Comment

Maybe he's right, I dont know but this is the same guy who said Mabel was seriously being considered to be the third man

Comment

i'm going to lay it out for you since this is a suuuper complicated issue.

downloading is free

subscribing is not

its like watching internet ****. how much **** have you watched for free on the net? literally 5 hours a day for me and i have never bought internet **** once cept for that floyd/broner sex tape that turned out to be fake.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              This according to Dave Meltzer who pretty much is one of the best sources for PPV numbers for the UFC and WWE Network.
              Dave is pretty much always dead on with this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                How would this guy even know how many people turned in on their app? I call BS... maybe he would know the subscriber base but exactly how many watched on Saturday night? Doubtful...
                Probably has something to be with being a journalist, and yada yada, sources, yada yada made friends with someone at DAZN who leaked him the numbers...

You know... how journalism has always worked...

The guy has a proven track record of being correct, so I don't think he is just guessing. Sorry if that bursts your bubble.

Comment

It is all about the opponent and what the fans want to watch.

If they want to do well the have to have meaningful matches or matches that catches the fans attention.

Comment

Well that opponent was terrible, nobody in the US even knew Fielding. Canelo has to step up and fight Jacobs, GGG or Charlo next. No Lemieux or whatever leftover.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      This is what I keep saying. When we get Canelo vs GGG/Jacobs/Charlo for $10 that's when I'll be a believer. The highest non-PPV rating Canelo got on HBO was 2.2 million. DAZN needs 3.3 million PAID subs to cover Canelo's purse. The numbers aren't adding up.
                      because they are so already in the hole and panicking like crazy the next canelo fight will have surge pricing! 100 dollars to watch! 90 if you are already a subscriber lol!

Comment

Working...
                      X