No announcement yet.

DAZN Numbers for Canelo/Fielding "Shockingly Low"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
    This Meltzer guy is stating the obvious! Of course the paying subscribers are shockingly low, with 5 million downloads before the Canelo fight and all were probabl taking advantage of the free month to watch Canelo. The subscriber number will likely rise over the next few months but will obviously depend on the quality of schedule.
    The tweet says viewers and not paying viewers, so what u are saying doesn't make much sense.

If 5 mio downloaded the app and use it to watch the fight, the viewership would be 5 mio and pretty high.

Paying subscribers is not a factor right now when Dazn itself offers a 1 month trial.

It's for people to test it out and hopefully retain the service,. If they attracted 5 mio people to test out the app that would be a success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      So no boxing journalist run with this then? Surely its big news.
      Most are silent. Which is an even worse sign for DAZN. Most boxing writers despise Haymon/PBC and were hoping Hearn and DAZN would destroy them.. LOL whoops..

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        This is what I keep saying. When we get Canelo vs GGG/Jacobs/Charlo for $10 that's when I'll be a believer. The highest non-PPV rating Canelo got on HBO was 2.2 million. DAZN needs 3.3 million PAID subs to cover Canelo's purse. The numbers aren't adding up.
        One thing missing in your equation are worldwide subscribers. Dazn offers services in Germany, Japan italy, austria and Canada as far as I know.

Granted the numbers for Germany for example can't be that high because of the time differences, but every subscription that was motivated by the canelo fight should also be taken into account.

Comment

• Originally posted by asgarth View Post
          One thing missing in your equation are worldwide subscribers. Dazn offers services in Germany, Japan italy, austria and Canada as far as I know.

Granted the numbers for Germany for example can't be that high because of the time differences, but every subscription that was motivated by the canelo fight should also be taken into account.
          That is a drop in the bucket. America is where they're focused. Canelo is big in AMERICA!

Ya'll keep bringing up these other countries like it's a big deal. It's not. It has to work in AMERICA in order to be successful. They're focused on AMERICA

Comment

That is a drop in the bucket. America is where they're focused. Canelo is big in AMERICA!

Ya'll keep bringing up these other countries like it's a big deal. It's not. It has to work in AMERICA in order to be successful. They're focused on AMERICA
            Sure. But you were doing calculus on the finances of canelos purse and I commented on your math on that particular case and not on the overall necessary penetration of the US market.

If I pay 10 euro because of Dazns boxing offering, then I pay 10 euro (more than it costs in the US) towards Dazn getting money back that they spend on canelon purses.

Of course it's not healthy for business if they can't get any paying subscribers in the US. Businesses have to grow, the US is a big market and it's a big failure if it doesn't work out.

Comment

• Originally posted by asgarth View Post
              Sure. But you were doing calculus on the finances of canelos purse and I commented on your math on that particular case and not on the overall necessary penetration of the US market.

If I pay 10 euro because of Dazns boxing offering, then I pay 10 euro (more than it costs in the US) towards Dazn getting money back that they spend on canelon purses.

Of course it's not healthy for business if they can't get any paying subscribers in the US. Businesses have to grow, the US is a big market and it's a big failure if it doesn't work out.
              Did they raise the price after they signed Canelo?

Comment

Did they raise the price after they signed Canelo?
                In Germany? No it has always been 10€. (actually 9.99€)

Comment

• Originally posted by BWC View Post
                  Most are silent. Which is an even worse sign for DAZN. Most boxing writers despise Haymon/PBC and were hoping Hearn and DAZN would destroy them.. LOL whoops..
                  Not even Coppinger, bet this Meltzer guy was his source for the 15k for Joshua/Povetkin, that he retracted. Suppose journalists dont view him as a reliable source

Comment

• You do NOT need 3.3 million paid subscribers. You are just looking at one month, but it is more important you keep subscribers that continue to pay monthly. And you are not taking into consideration the live gate plus the international revenue which DAZN has rights to for Canelo's fights.

But even then it is unlikely they will be able to break even with this deal, especially early on. That is however not their goal, they are fine losing money on this deal to benefit them in the long run.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Over 1 million paid 75 bucks to watch canelo fight over 5 million downloaded this app because of canelo. You want to tell me well most might not subscribe after the trial month ok. But 5 million didn't download something that clearly was advertised as first month free then said i did all this to watch canelo but I'm not putting in my credit card because I'm afraid I might get a 9.99 fee when everyone has been used to paying 75 bucks to watch canelo every fight for years now? Stop it whatever amount you think did that is low. If you went out your way to download DAZN you already aware it's subscription where first month is free.

Stop trying to pretend a dude nobody in the boxing community has ever heard of knows how many views DAZN got on Saturday. A PPV insider for WWE events knows what a non ppv subscription based streaming boxing event did and offers no numbers or sources to back it up? RIIIIGHT LMAO

Sorry but 5 million people didn't download DAZN. DAZN somehow was downloaded automatically on people's Amazon accounts. There's a bunch of people on DAZN s Amazon reviews complaining about the app being downloaded to their account and receiving a receipt of the download without them knowing. I checked my Firestick, I had never downloaded DAZN on it and guess what, somehow that app is downloaded to my Firestick. Probably happened on other devices as well. DAZN probably paid to have the app be downloaded to devices.

Comment

Working...
                      X