Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN Numbers for Canelo/Fielding "Shockingly Low"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo isn't a draw by himself like he thinks he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by BWC View Post
      Going to be a loooooong road. But if Canelo, the biggest star in US boxing, can't make it work, forget it fold up tent..

No one is gonna watch Canelo fighting a bum. If he starts fighting people with a pulse then people watch. He's not that big a star.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        So this idiot wants us to believe that even though there is proof that over 5 million downloaded DAZN right before the canelo fight but none of them actually watched the fight even though they gave out free subscription? Yeah I call bullshyt. There was no other reason to download that app if you wasn't trying to watch canelo. The only question is how many who signed up and watched for free will continue paying or will they just pay when canelo fights. But clearly canelo drew a ton of action to the app and sold out MSG all for a fight against a nobody. Pretty impressive

I was looking for that download info, can you share it please. So we all can verify it.

And I would love to know how will they measure the downloads vs actual play of the event/fight

One thing is certain. If a event does big numbers, you would have a lot of writers posting about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Will be crazy low compared to what they're paying him. I mean they need 3 mil subs to pay him a 30 mil purse. But it's retention numbers that are most important for DAZN. How many of the subs they got for Canelo are going to keep their sub in the months Canelo isn't fighting.
          Not necessarily. If they get a million subscribers who pay for three months, that gets close to covering his purse for one fight. But it is highly unlikely they break even with this deal and that's perfectly fine. That's not what they are going for. As you said it is about retaining subscribers and growing their subscriber base in the mean time before they bid for other sports leagues.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            THIS ^^^^^^Unless DAZN releases these numbers nobody can claim to know if they are good or bad. which they won't even do even if they great hell Netflix doesn't even release viewing data and they make money hand over fist. PPV numbers you can validate to an extent without even dealing with promoters by going to the cable and satellite providers. You can validate cable and tv numbers by going to Nielsen public released ratings. But apps are private all we have are download figures which were extremely high with folks downloading DAZN for the Canelo fight. But over 5+ million didn't go out there way to download it and NOT watch the Canelo fight which was given for free. So when some clown says the views for the Canelo fight were low and has no proof to back it up I call bullshyt. He clearly has a ax to grind or is talking to guys with a ax to grind with DAZN and their business model that effects them.
            Netflix is actually in a LOT OF a DEBT. Why are their people here saying there’s a agenda against DAZN. Surely with a Pro-DAZN view, some of YOu have a agenda ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cybervato74 View Post
              Strange to see some boxing fans wringing their hands hoping that a platform that shows boxing had an unsuccessful event.
              People here are like that. They want people they don't like to fail. Its disgusting.

Comment

• It's the 1st fight of the deal and this fight was garbage. With Jacobs and GGG 3 down the road those fights should bring in more subscribers.

I think part of the problem for Canelo will be he lost badly and was perceived by many to have lost in his 3 biggest fights, Floyd and GGG 1 and 2 (I thought he clearly won the 2nd GGG fight). The other is his lack of English. I

DAZN would benefit from adding a high profile American fighter if they want to sell more subscriptions in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                  People here are like that. They want people they don't like to fail. Its disgusting.
                  I'd like to see DAZN succeed, but there's nothing wrong with discussing the flaws in a business model

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    Probably because the app got downloaded so much it went to number 1 on the charts. I have android and it has been downloaded 5 million plus times so apple must be higher I assume.

As someone stated earlier, alot probably got to the point where they ask for a CC and said fk this and deleted it but if 10 million have the app, how many did that?

I wonder what he considered "SO SAD" for viewers?
                    You have to remember you can buy downloads just like you can but twitter trending. I think earlier in the thread someone stated they've seen that DAZN has 88K subs, including people still on the free trial. That would be consistent with the SO SAD comment. Any PPV that did 88K buys would be considered a total failure..

Comment

• Originally posted by BWC View Post
                      I'd like to see DAZN succeed, but there's nothing wrong with discussing the flaws in a business model
                      Yea but that's not what people here do.

Comment

Working...
                      X