Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Frustrated: Deontay Wilder's Team Refusing To Meet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder has brought the Heavyweight division back to America again. The Americans have now taken over boxing.

Comment

• Really wish two different hitters would just emerge from somewhere and put boxing fans out of the misery Joshua and Wilder are making fans go through. Efe Ajagba, Usyk anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
        You believe?? But you are not sure as Winkel didn’t want to make clear the rematch procedure. Frank Warren however stated it is a 2 way rematch . He is not in charge of Wilder so he can be only talking about his charge. Also Wilder fans have warmed to the idea of the 2 way rematch which definitely suggests that it is.

A champion should always have a rematch in place but if a champion wins how does the challenger derserve another crack at the whip?
        That was my thinking. If their fight stinks or is lopsided either way then a rematch wont sell very well, so why have it? If fury wins it will be a Floyd Mayweather type snoozer.

Comment

• My, My, My, Poor Eddie! He still believes he holds all the cards and leverage. Wrong! At the moment Team Wilder doesn't need you and they will meet with you when they are ready and on their terms and not yours and not before.

Comment

• Why does Eddie want to meet NOW? Does he wanna offer a better deal? The leverage is gonna be different afterwards, so WHY NOW? hint hint

Comment

• Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
              lol, that will be like sticking half your wedge on either red or black at the roulette table - the only 2 realistic results being Fury winning an ugly points decision, or Wilder catching him once within the 12 rounds to win by KO.
              Man up !! It's only points - not real money.

First you saying that Fury is going to clearly win.

Then I say take a bet on it.

Now suddenly it's too difficult to call.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Don't underestimate the potential drawing power that Usyk could have at HW. He's learning English, but even without it, he's a charismatic and funny guy with an interesting "on camera" persona.

All his fights in the WBSS drew huge crowds, to the pressers and weigh ins, as well as the actual events. He's been a celebrity in his own country for years, and his popularity seems to spreading fast.

His profile in the UK has exploded over the last few months, and that's before he has even fought Bellew.
                hear ya but not buying it. Of course he is a draw in his own country but in order to outsell where Wilder is now he'd have to go supernova in the UK and "he's learning English...", and selling big in Kiev and Moscow [Povetkin sold big in Moscow and Lebedev too] and "interesting on camera personality" is not going to make AJ-Usyk outsell AJ-Wilder.
                Would AJ-Usyk be intriguing? Sure. Supernova 'biggest fight in boxing'?... Not a chance!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  Want to bet some points on that? Half your points?
                  I don’t even know how the points thing works tbh. Wilder gonna lose the first fight and then they will go to UK and Wilder will spark out Fury. It’s all started to feel very scripted, worryingly so. I was being cheeky about him becoming irrelevant, the whole path is designed to build the AJ fight both sides of the pond.

Meanwhile AJ goes to NY, looks like a god against Miller, gets more US fans, then bides his time for the Wilder showdown. It could all go a little bit sad for both of them if their opponents don’t follow the scripts, Whyte for me is looking more and more like someone that might beat AJ if he takes it too lightly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                    Wtf are you on about? No one got screwed over they never made a deal or exchanged money. That's like saying hello to a girl in a club and saying she cheated on you when she goes home with another guy, honestly you're feckn delusional.
                    What a dumb ****en analogy, lmao. They’ve more than ****ed Wilder over. That’s why they won’t speak to Hearn at all. They don’t see him as a big time negotiator. He’s out of his ****en league dealing with Finkel and Haymon.

Comment

• LoL @ Hearn. Hearn & Co. completely mistreated Wilder in the first attempt at negotiations and blew it. Hearn best get serious and charitable with the percentages, else, if I were Wilder, they would be waiting a long time ...

And yes, I'm all for the best fighting the best ... but, Hearn & Co. blew it, and they didn't care. They walked away from $50 million, so ...

Comment

Working...
                      X