Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Grants Canelo Voluntary Defense, Then Charlo-Golovkin Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
    We will see. I don’t think Canelo’s said anything. I think this was the WBC trying to make nice with him. They did this one their own.
    "We have the requests of GGG and the interim champion to
    face the champion. I spoke with Oscar De La Hoya (promoter
    of Canelo) and his request is to allow Canelo to make a
    voluntary defense," said Sulaiman to ESPN Deportes.

Told you.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
      i think charlo is good, but a level below those two... i will even favor jacobs over him based on what i have seen... but those are all good fights no doubt...
      I say Jermall drops Triple L.

Comment

• Originally posted by dukesville View Post
        This is a good fight but if Golovkin dosen't fight Charlo he should fight the Jacobs/Derevyanchenko winner.
        I guess but I still want sooner rather than later

Jermall vs golovkin!

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          I agree. The eliminators he fought were for the right to fight for the title. Golovkin was the title holder. He isn't now so Charlo should get his opportunity to fight for the title regardless of who holds it. This is pure BS on the part of the WBC.
          Jermall vs golovkin!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1F-bbT0qLg

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
            Canelo is at that point where he doesn't need belts to make money fights, a bit like where Mayweather was.

Everyone and anyone will fight him as he's the big ticket for them - he doesn't need to offer up any belts.

Why would Golovkin want to fight the likes of Charlo for 1/10 of what he would get in Canelo III ? Canelo would make good money fighting anyone, but his biggest ticket fight by far would be GGG III.

Expect Canelo to announce GGG III for next May, and tell the WBC to either grant an exemption or keep the belt. Else just drop the belt to avoid the WBC having the option to take the sanctioning fee.
            Why would anyone want to see Nelo beat Triple L for the 3rd time? Why would anyone NOT want to see Jermall fight Triple L??

Jermall vs golovkin!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
              HBO is reportedly interested 1 more PPV/Canelo fight before they bounce.
              Jermall vs golovkin!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                The bjs thing is just some funny irony. A joke.

Hey, if Andrade beats BJS, power to him.

The triple L thing is kind of getting old man and it kind of makes me not want to respond tbh.

TBH all the excuses for the Triple L Protection Act is getting old.

I’ll just say that as much as I like Jermall, he’s got to show us what you think he’s capable of. And its not ducking, GGG has fought better and more accomplished fighters but GGG might not be keen on taking non money makings fights like Charlo. It only benefits Charlo and I dont think you can really disagree with that. We have to look at it from all angles and separate ourselves as fans when it comes to what they might do.

The ONLY more accomplished fighter Triple L fought was Nelo. You are not a promoter or get any money out of them so NO I won't settle for less competition. Do you get money out of them? If you do then you are part of the media.

As fans though, I dont rank Charlo high on the scale of who Id prefer to see GGG fight. I want to see Charlo in against anybody good, but morenthan that, Id rather see GGG in against at least 2-3 people that arent Charlo because theyre fights I’ve either wanted to see or that were good already. For example, fighting the winner of The jacobs and bjs fight winners is more enticing to me to fight GGG, not to mention Canelo.

Mall was a champion at 154. There are MANY Champions that moved up in weight & fought the champ in the next division in their 1st fight at that division. Bud just did it! You want to see those fight cuz they don't pose a puncher's threat to Triple L. You aint foolin' me, you on that Triple L Protection Act.

I always wanted to see BJS vs GGG and I think Jacobs is likely number 3 in the div..bjs and him are 3a and 3b in my opinion until proven otherwise. Beating Charlo doesnt do anything for GGG, where as beating one of those guys reinforces his place as the obvious number 2 or even 1b (with canelo) and it makes /reinforces everyone wanting to watch ggg and canelo again.

bily hoe is wack & Triple L can't beat Jermall.

Unfortunately, Charlo is just the odd man out right now and if he doesnt get the fight, I completely understand why. At 36-37 years old, GGG is going to do whatever it takes to get another big pay day and hes deserved it due to the way the canelo fights played out.

I will pay for PPV to see Jermall whoop Triple L.

Charlo will have his time, but I’m not sure if they’ll entertain him just yet. Lucky for us, Canelo is younger than Jermall so thats likely happening eventually.
                Jermall vs golovkin!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                  Yes, this is the most likely scenario.
                  That's what you wish for cuz you afraid Triple L gon get smoked....LMMFAO!

Jermall vs golovkin!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mexican_Puppet
                    Canelo fought with a prime Trout, Lara, Floyd and GGG.

Shut up, man

He is a champ in two weights.

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                    And he lost all those fights so that doesn't count.
                    Nelo only lost to T.B.E.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                      Getting gifted doesn't mean he won. He and his whole team know Lara, GGG, Trout, Cotto beat him. One of the most overrated fighters of this generation
                      The ONLY gift he got was the draw card vs Floyd.

I seen the fights, you can't fool me. AND Triple L is the MOST OVERATED fighter of this generation.

Jermall vs golovkin!

Comment

Working...
                      X