Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year did you start watching boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 Julio Cesar Chavez vs Oscar De La Hoya

Comment

2007 at 17. Before i was more into MMA. Arpund Same time i first start going to box gyms

Comment

2005. My pops ordered the Pacquiao/Morales 1 ppv. Been a fan ever since.

I remember Arce and Hussein had an epic fight on the undercard.

Comment

Remember watching Tyson, Duran back then.

Started a boxing fight club in school, got shut down by the dinner ladies though.

Comment

About 95. Hard to say a particular fight as I grew up with parents who followed the sport, Hamed was the fighter who I first remember catching my attention, the first huge fight I recall was Tyson-Bruno II, my dad supported Tyson but everyone else wanted Bruno to win.

Comment

Since diapers I was hooked. My Dad was a hardcore fan with subscriptions to RING and KO magazine. I grew up watching it and liked it from day 1 as long as I can remember. While other kids looked forward to Saturday morning cartoons I was looking forward to the nights fights. I got a pass to stay up until the events were over too. Watching prime Roy and Floyd live was something else.

Comment

1973 Norton Ali ...I was 7

Comment

2003 for me. The fight was Alex Arthur vs Michael Gomez, for any Brits on here. A hell of a fight (won 2003 British fight of the year) which had everything. The undefeated prospect vs the grizzled warrior thought to be past his best, boxer vs puncher, Scotland vs England - and there was loads of bad blood before the fight.

It was enthralling & I've been hooked since

Comment

Damn we got some noobs here.

1990 is the first fight I remember Chávez v Taylor I was 6 at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      How did you find the transition? I've seen some martial artists struggle to the point they had to leave, and others transitioned flawlessly.
                      I'd say it has to do usually with how athletic you are lol. If you were an athletic person when you took up boxing, i.e. you were already fit and had experience in some other sport, the transition can be a little smoother because you can draw from other sports to boxing's fundamentals, for example I has experience in futbol and basketball before I started boxing and I recognized that moving in the ring is at times often similar to moving on the court, the same principles apply. Anyway I won't ramble on about all that but my point is if you were not the most graceful bastard, it might be a little more challenging because to a beginner, boxing is "unnatural", as they say. You have to make the motions "natural" by practice / repetition.

Comment

Working...
                      X