Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year did you start watching boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the year 1989 at a bar with my pops in the Philippines (was 5 at the time) watching Roberto Duran kick it off with Iran Barkley while snacking on some delicious dog meat.
    Last edited by EL_cano; 09-30-2018, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Pacquiao vs Marquez - 2004 first fight

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
        Since diapers I was hooked. My Dad was a hardcore fan with subscriptions to RING and KO magazine. I grew up watching it and liked it from day 1 as long as I can remember. While other kids looked forward to Saturday morning cartoons I was looking forward to the nights fights. I got a pass to stay up until the events were over too. Watching prime Roy and Floyd live was something else.
        Same. It must have been Christmas of 1965 where one of my first conscious thoughts was sitting on my dad's lap at some sort of thing in a gym with men wearing white clothes, throwing one another around. I was a really big George Foreman fan from when he was in the Olympics at 3 years old in 1968. Ahh! I still can't believe that Ali beat him! Foreman was supposed to knock him out!!! LOL! I love all combat sports and all sports in general, but boxing has always been number one for me.

Comment

around 1989 I think

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
            Mid seventies, first fight was probably an Ali fight or a Foreman fight. My grandpa loved boxing and that's how I got in to it. He thought Ali was the best fighter he had ever seen. I remember telling him I thought he lost a fight we watched, he didn't take it well. I was 5-6 probably.
            Guy above was arguing with his granddad about an Ali fight that they just finished watching...LIVE. He wins.

Comment

2003ish...Floyd Gatti was first fight i saw that made a lasting impression

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                Don't get mad because the first fight you "listened to" was Joe Luis-Max Schmeling.
                Uh, I'd be incredibly grateful if that was the first fight I witnessed. I'm just saying, 2009 is when you first started watching, that's crazy. Good stuff.

Comment

Leonard and Hagler was the first fight I saw

Comment

Working...
                  X