Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year did you start watching boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year did you start watching boxing?

Boxing Questionnaire:

What year did you become a boxing fan and start watching it (all the time?)

What was the first boxing match you remember watching?

I started watching boxing in 2009, after noticing the sport for years. I somehow became interested when Floyd Mayweather made his return after a short retirement. Now I knew of the sport. Who doesn't. I knew Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis and even the guys in other divisions like Zab, Roy Jones and Tarver. I just never really watched it. Everyone was talking about Mayweathers comeback so I was like "let me see what this dude about." Found a stream online and became a boxing fan.

Kind of wish I started earlier. The early 2000s seemed real interesting.
    Last edited by MasterPlan; 09-30-2018, 09:02 AM.

2007: Mayweather-De La Hoya. Found a stream online. I had always casually followed the results of big fights as a kid but I never had the means to watch them because they were always behind a paywall. I never knew about streaming until I found a stream for Mayweather-De La Hoya.

Comment

Comment

Mid seventies, first fight was probably an Ali fight or a Foreman fight. My grandpa loved boxing and that's how I got in to it. He thought Ali was the best fighter he had ever seen. I remember telling him I thought he lost a fight we watched, he didn't take it well. I was 5-6 probably.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          What was the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
            What was the fight?
            calzaghe lacy

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
              Boxing Questionnaire:

What year did you become a boxing fan and start watching it (all the time?)

What was the first boxing match you remember watching?

I started watching boxing in 2009, after noticing the sport for years. I somehow became interested when Floyd Mayweather made his return after a short retirement. Now I knew of the sport. Who doesn't. I knew Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis and even the guys in other divisions like Zab, Roy Jones and Tarver. I just never really watched it. Everyone was talking about Mayweathers comeback so I was like "let me see what this dude about." Found a stream online and became a boxing fan.

Kind of wish I started earlier. The early 2000s seemed real interesting.
              Infant......

Comment

First fight I watched was Mayweather vs De la hoya in 2007 my brother had a big party for it. Then I started following it after that but the 2 fights that turned me into a die hard fan were Miguel Cotto vs Zab Judah 06-09-2007 and Kelly Pavlik vs Jermain Taylor 1 on 09-29-2007. These 2 fights got me hooked on boxing and I haven't really missed a fight since. Boxing is the sport of Kings!!!!

Comment

Did a book report on Muhammad Ali in the 3rd grade (1980s) and fell in love with boxing (but I also loved all combat like wrestling and kickboxing). Didn't get into following who the modern fighters were until around 08'.
                  When we had all those stars in the 90's and early 00's I didn't give a fuk, I was still more interested in old tape of 70's and 80's greats.
                  Last edited by Redd Foxx; 09-30-2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                    Infant......
                    Don't get mad because the first fight you "listened to" was Joe Luis-Max Schmeling.

Comment

Working...
                    X