Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Espinoza: Showtime Not Going Anywhere; Spending More $$$ In 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like showtimes multi million dollar investment into Floyd Mayweather paid off. I remember thinking it was financial suicide paying him that much, but it definitely helped them get market share in the long run

Comment

What an idiot! You can say many things about Arum EXCEPT he knows nothing about boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        Showtime have had a terrible year. They need a new strategy, not just more investment
        Huh? You don't watch much boxing, do you?

Showtime 2018:
        - Wilder vs. Ortiz - Fight of the Year candidate
        - Lara vs Hurd - title unification/Fight of the Year candidate
        - Stevenson vs. Jack - Fight of the Year candidate
        - Santa Cruz vs. Mares II
        - Russell vs. Diaz
        - Garcia vs. Easter - title unification
        - Garcia vs. Porter
        - Joshua vs Parker
        - Spence-Peterson and Spence-Ocampo

And that's just what I remember off the top of my head.

What other network had better fights without PPV?

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
          What an idiot! You can say many things about Arum EXCEPT he knows nothing about boxing!
          Read the article. Arum said he understand the PREMIUM TV business and Espinoza said Arum doesn't know that business as well as he thinks.

RIF. Reading Is Fundamental.

Comment

Holy **** lets just see Spence vs Garcia or Porter already!!!

Comment

I love every single thing he said. Big picture guy.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                Looks like showtimes multi million dollar investment into Floyd Mayweather paid off. I remember thinking it was financial suicide paying him that much, but it definitely helped them get market share in the long run
                I really, really, really, really wish I could argue that.

But, I can't. You are 100% right, and I was one of the people saying Showtime was investing way too much in attaching themselves to Mayweather. I was wrong, and I guess I need to give some respect to that whole deal. It really helped Showtime grow, and I as a boxing fan benefited.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
                  I really, really, really, really wish I could argue that.

But, I can't. You are 100% right, and I was one of the people saying Showtime was investing way too much in attaching themselves to Mayweather. I was wrong, and I guess I need to give some respect to that whole deal. It really helped Showtime grow, and I as a boxing fan benefited.
                  No doubt man, it was a ballsy move and paid off. I thought it was a silly move at the time as well
                  Last edited by kingstip9; 09-24-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Whad'ya got say about that now Bob? Showtime ain't going anywhere.

That online streaming service of yours and your buddy Eddie Hearn's are a very risky investment. You guys not only run the risk of marginalizing the boxing viewing audience in general but the buying advertisers in particular; Since it's hard enough to find boxing on television.

Now just imagine how hard it's going to be to find boxing over the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                      Lol what ?
                      Lol. You beat me to it. A fighter would be completely drained and useless in a 6 month camp. 6-8 weeks is more like it.

Comment

Working...
                      X