Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Espinoza: Showtime Not Going Anywhere; Spending More $$$ In 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Espinoza: Showtime Not Going Anywhere; Spending More $$$ In 2019

Stephen Espinoza recognizes the value in the increasing competition for broadcasting boxing. The more exposure the sport gets from other networks and streaming services, the better it ultimately will be for Showtime's viewership. Espinoza, Showtime's president for sports and event programming, believes this to be particularly true of Premier Boxing Champions' new deal with FOX, which is available in nearly 120 million households in the United States.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Has Espinoza commented on any serious effort to try to get GGG &/or Canelo on Showtime in 2019?

Arum has expressed interest. I'd assume Hearn would be although I've not heard him comment on it either.

Comment

Signed up for Showtime for the first time this year. Their commitment to boxing is impossible to deny.

Bartle Bull's Cradle of Champions doc, which premiered on Showtime this week, is one of if not the best sports doc's I've ever seen. Absolutely incredible stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Has Espinoza commented on any serious effort to try to get GGG &/or Canelo on Showtime in 2019?

Arum has expressed interest. I'd assume Hearn would be although I've not heard him comment on it either.
        Im sure a bidding war will erupt prior to Cinco De Mayo

Comment

Showtime have had a terrible year. They need a new strategy, not just more investment

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
            Showtime have had a terrible year. They need a new strategy, not just more investment
            "We’ve been in this sport for over 30 years and, arguably, the last few years have been the strongest period in that entire history."

Their calendar this year is twice as good as anybody else's in the sport. Just let it go lol

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post

why would you say something like that ?

link ?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                why would you say something like that ?

link ?

check out the garcia porter figures, truly atrocious.

Comment

Great stuff! This was my first year subscribing to Showtime and I'm absolutely happy with the boxing product they offer. Fights are frequent and top notch. If only HBO would revert back to their love for boxing. I honestly prefer the quality that HBO offers. It's just classy in my opinion. Not to say Showtime isn't but Showtime has a grittier feel to it and more sporty whereas HBO's commentary, presentation, video quality, it's just different in my opinion. But both networks are great and I love what ESPN is also offering.

Comment

Showtime boxing running ****

Comment

Working...
                    X