Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Espinoza: Showtime Not Going Anywhere; Spending More $$$ In 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    You don't have to watch it on your phone or laptop. You can download the app on your gaming console (PS4, Xbox), fire stick and watch it on your TV. Just like Netflix.
    Exactly, that is very true. It's the new technology. However, I would much rather watch a good fight at home or over somebody's house. The last thing I would want to do is to watch a fight while I am in my car or in some shopping market on a tablet or a mobile phone. I have to feel comfortable and relaxed while watching boxing. I am not into that watching fights on the go business.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Get a Roku for $29.

You can then subscribe directly to SHO for $8.99, way cheaper than what cable charges, and still watch the fights live on your TV (or anywhere you want).

DAZN is on Roku as well, as is ESPN+, FOX, etc.
      You know thanks; That's a very good idea. I will consider that option. Just as long as the stream isn't spotty by constantly buffering, loading then it's very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
        Showtime has been kicking ass and benefited from the PBC not going to plan. Fact of the matter is Les Moonves was a massive boxing fan and now that he is not heading CBS, the parent company, they’ve lost their biggest supporter. Les was truly instrumental in making May-Pac happen. Changes at the top led HBO to where they are now and this could well happen to Espinoza and Showtime. Showtime had the best streaming before ESPN+ & DAZN. We’ve been able to stream live fights on their app for a while now and you still can’t do that with HBO. Espinoza has done a good job. I’d say he’s done a great job if he worked with more promoters than Al.
        Not really, if Espinoza can prove Boxing is driving Showtime in the right direction in profitability, it makes no sense to quit after all the money they’ve pumped in.

Espinoza has said Boxing has helped Showtime’s overall buisness goals. So what’s the problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
          Not really, if Espinoza can prove Boxing is driving Showtime in the right direction in profitability, it makes no sense to quit after all the money they’ve pumped in.

Espinoza has said Boxing has helped Showtime’s overall buisness goals. So what’s the problem ?
          It’s still about ratings and subscribers. People at the top are going to look at how much they paid out for the Garcia Porter fight and look at the ratings return and say WTF? Despite their poor boxing programming over the last two years HBO still rates better while paying smaller license fees. If showtime and Espinoza are getting non-hardcore boxing fans to subscribe because of their boxing programming then that’s a different story. But their ratings don’t show that they’re doing that despite quality programming.

Comment

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
            It’s still about ratings and subscribers. People at the top are going to look at how much they paid out for the Garcia Porter fight and look at the ratings return and say WTF? Despite their poor boxing programming over the last two years HBO still rates better while paying smaller license fees. If showtime and Espinoza are getting non-hardcore boxing fans to subscribe because of their boxing programming then that’s a different story. But their ratings don’t show that they’re doing that despite quality programming.
            Your falling for the Bob Arum Opinion. Espinoza has stated that is not how Showtime measure if Boxing has been good for them. You don’t know how Showtime’s Buisness works nor do i.

They wouldn’t be increasing the budget if they didn’t see growth.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
              You call Jack vs Stevenson Porter vs Garcia broner vs Vargas Spence vs ocampo Santa Cruz vs mares Lara vs zHurd Joshua vs Parker wilder vs Ortiz garcia vs riots Spence vs Peterson garcia vs Lipinets a terrible year ? You're not a real boxing fan.
              He's such a terrible poster, it's unbelievable.

Comment

Great News for boxing! Would love to hear that type of commitment from Peter Nelson and HBO!

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
                  Your falling for the Bob Arum Opinion. Espinoza has stated that is not how Showtime measure if Boxing has been good for them. You don’t know how Showtime’s Buisness works nor do i.

They wouldn’t be increasing the budget if they didn’t see growth.
                  Back to my original point, who do you think greenlit the increased budget? Les Moonves. I hope they continue to invest in boxing and keep putting on good fights. If Floyd comes back and fights on a Showtime PPV that will help in the short term. It’s not like AT&T doesn’t have money to invest in boxing. There’s no support at the top of HBO for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X