No announcement yet.

Povetkin is better than Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    Povetkin hits harder than Ortiz you fool. There is nothing on Ortiz's shots, whereas there is with Povetkin.

AJ wasn't effected because he has a better chin than Deontay. Deontay has a glass jaw that is getting smashed by the first big shot he lands on him. It will be funny coming back on here and seeing idiots like you cry when the time comes.
    Ortiz's KO ratio is 12% higher than Pedvetkin and would be higher if not for multiple NC's, he hits harder.

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    That can't be possible. Although he does keep on fighting bums so it could be. Actually, no it isn't. Wilder is all over the place when he punches. It's really funny at how bad he really is.
    Except it is true, Wilder rarely misses. He's undefeated for a reason. If you can't see that, then that's on you, just don't blame him for what you can't see. That's an issue I'm seeing, people can't identify Wilder's strengths so they just call him garbage.

The Huck fight was close, but he won that by 2 rounds on my card.

You also need to watch the Price fight again because he didn't even drop Povetkin.
    The thing about Huck is he wasn't even top 5 in his division, robberies against Arslan, Olafabi, Ramirez, and others.

Pedvetkin got held up by the ropes, that's a knock down.

Had that round been completed Chisora would have been up on the cards. Chisora had found his groove and was putting the hurt on Malik. Malik knew this so quit.

Not only that, but that was a prime undefeated version of Malik, not the shot version Ortiz fought.
    Scott never quit, he beat the 10 count getting up at 9 and the ref stopped it anyways. He wasn't shot either when he fought Ortiz, still beat Thompson & Leapai.

Scott-Ortiz was not competitive at all, Chisora-Scott was and if not for the typical UK reffing, could've easily gone the distance with close scores.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      well for one you can use your eyes and your own reasoning. do you let other people tell you how to rank a fighter? i gave you lots of reasons other than, "because X told me so." insurmountable reasons, really. go ahead and refute them.

ortiz is left handed, a has never gotten his ass kicked by an all time great, is 25 lbs bigger. has anywhere from 5-10 inches of reach according to which source you listen to. he's a bigger puncher. there's just a ton that makes him a better fighter, and everybody but the british [and even the reasonable british,] are calling it like it is and saying he was a better fighter in 2018 than a very aged and small povetkin.

you guys generally don't know what you're looking at, and that's fine. so you look to experts to help you form an opinion. i have not looked at ring magazine regularly for a while. it is owned by a promoter. i was a sub for 15 years when it was the best sporting publication on the planet [5 of that had seen it go downhill but it was still the best, and the internet was still picking up steam in regard to boxing.] if it had povetkin ranked higher than ortiz at the time of the wilder fight it is silly. povetkin was seen as an worn out fighter in spite of the fact that they're allegedly around teh same age. and FFS he is small! these are giant men and povetkin is not the same size! povetkin gave up 8 inches of reach to anthony joshua! don't ignore that becuase ring magazine tells you what to do! ortiz was undefeated and at HW it means a lot when you are dangerous, and he is. subsequently, he did better against wilder than povetkin did against joshua. the big shot that he landed had wilder rocked, he could weather storms that povetkin couldn't weather.
      All you are doing here is exposing your anti British bias and lack of objectivity.

Everything about Povetkin and Ortiz - their records and accomplishments, amateur and pro, their rankings across the board, and the eye test - how good they look to me when I watch them fight -they all tell me that Povetkin is better than Ortiz.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        All you are doing here is exposing your anti British bias and lack of objectivity.

Everything about Povetkin and Ortiz - their records and accomplishments, amateur and pro, their rankings across the board, and the eye test - how good they look to me when I watch them fight -they all tell me that Povetkin is better than Ortiz.

dude you keep going back to accomplishments. accomplishments mean nothing. in teh ring they amount to experience, and if you've taken a beating it can actually hurt you! in povetkin's case that is exactly what

they don't stack up and make you taller, stronger, left handed, a bigger puncher, give you a better chin, etc! they give you experience, and you ened to evaluate what that experience has done for him in the context of what it has taken away from him.

this is not a conversation worth having if you keep going back to what the guy did as a f3cking amateur. believ eme, anthony joshya didn't give a ****.

tell me why povetkin in 2018 was a tougher matchup than luis ortiz. specifically tell me why. you have not done that in 15 pages

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          Ortiz's KO ratio is 12% higher than Pedvetkin and would be higher if not for multiple NC's, he hits harder.

Except it is true, Wilder rarely misses. He's undefeated for a reason. If you can't see that, then that's on you, just don't blame him for what you can't see. That's an issue I'm seeing, people can't identify Wilder's strengths so they just call him garbage.

The thing about Huck is he wasn't even top 5 in his division, robberies against Arslan, Olafabi, Ramirez, and others.

Pedvetkin got held up by the ropes, that's a knock down.

Scott never quit, he beat the 10 count getting up at 9 and the ref stopped it anyways. He wasn't shot either when he fought Ortiz, still beat Thompson & Leapai.

Scott-Ortiz was not competitive at all, Chisora-Scott was and if not for the typical UK reffing, could've easily gone the distance with close scores.
          Thompson and Leapai .. seriously?

And did the ref trip Scott up and hold him down on the canvas while counting to nine and a half in the Chisora fight? Because I would swear I saw Del Boy clocking him clean with an overhand right and Scott going down and staying down without the ref even touching him!

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            dude you keep going back to accomplishments. accomplishments mean nothing. in teh ring they amount to experience, and if you've taken a beating it can actually hurt you! in povetkin's case that is exactly what

they don't stack up and make you taller, stronger, left handed, a bigger puncher, give you a better chin, etc! they give you experience, and you ened to evaluate what that experience has done for him in the context of what it has taken away from him.

this is not a conversation worth having if you keep going back to what the guy did as a f3cking amateur. believ eme, anthony joshya didn't give a ****.

tell me why povetkin in 2018 was a tougher matchup than luis ortiz. specifically tell me why. you have not done that in 15 pages
            Why don't you email all the ranking orgs who have Povetkin higher than Ortiz and ask them that question?

Comment

I know. I was summing up the crazy "logic" of another poster there.
              Ah ok, sorry. Didn't mean to be accusatory!

Comment

The Thompson who fought Price was in much better nick than the shot version that Ortiz fought. Plus, he had a full training camp against Price whereas he came in at short notice for Ortiz if you remember?

And Povetkin didn't struggle with Price. He won every second apart from that one left hook Price landed. So there are big differences. I know you're only making a point, but they were really **** points i'm afraid.
                you actually responded to that?

Comment

Povetkin hits harder than Ortiz you fool. There is nothing on Ortiz's shots, whereas there is with Povetkin.

AJ wasn't effected because he has a better chin than Deontay. Deontay has a glass jaw that is getting smashed by the first big shot he lands on him. It will be funny coming back on here and seeing idiots like you cry when the time comes.
                  Lenroy Thompkins sparred all four and said that in terms of power it goes
                  Wilder
                  Ortiz
                  Joshua
                  Povetkin

Comment

Thompson and Leapai .. seriously?

And did the ref trip Scott up and hold him down on the canvas while counting to nine and a half in the Chisora fight? Because I would swear I saw Del Boy clocking him clean with an overhand right and Scott going down and staying down without the ref even touching him!

Thompson was still hanging with the top 30 of the division, same with Leapai, these guys and their competition weren't ranked in the 200's. You forget Thomp

Scott was composed, he literally stood up at 9 and the ref waved it off. He was good to go. Typical UK referee though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      Thompson was still hanging with the top 30 of the division, same with Leapai, these guys and their competition weren't ranked in the 200's. You forget Thomp

Scott was composed, he literally stood up at 9 and the ref waved it off. He was good to go. Typical UK referee though.
                      Leapai and a 42yo TT were not serious opponents for a top contender, and you know it.

Scott got decked by Chisora. And if he was composed and wanted to carry on he wouldn't have waited till the count reached 9 before starting to get up.

Every fighter knows that if you take a count and don't get up at 8 there is a good chance the ref will wave it off.

Comment

Working...
                      X