Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If I Was 28, 29 - I'd Have KO'd Mayweather's Ass!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
    By what type of caliber fighters? Well depends on how you rate prime Mosley & trinidad. Prime pac & floyd. And hopkins at middleweight.
    Point is guys here are saying like it’s a foregone conclusion that Floyd wins, even more so by KO. When all the facts don’t really point towards it at all.
    A 34 year old barely active De la hoya managed to win 4 rounds against Floyd. Isn’t it likely he’d do better if they fought in his prime instead?
    i don’t hate Floyd at all but as I’ve mentioned in my other comment, it sucks that he’s getting credit as if he had actually beaten them in their primes — even when they’re not when he fought them— simply because it’s likey he’ll beat them in there primes. Lol
    It's a "foregone" conclusion that Floyd has beat every style, weight, height, speed, power, age, hype, prime ect. you name it he beat it. Oscar is no exception.

Comment

I never said Oscar KOes Floyd lol.
      Prime to prime he’ll probably lose. Point is, a 34 yr old inactive version of him managed to win 4 rounds isn’t it likely he’ll do in better in some degree if the fight happened in his prime?
      Stop giving Floyd credit for beating Oscar like he was at his prime, just because Floyd will like beat him at his prime.
      A 34 year old that was in shape, experienced, chose the gloves, chose the ring size, chose the weight class & had the weight fight night, had the height, had the power & got the money.

Why can Floyd go undefeated for 20 years & no one in history has done it?

You are making excuses for oscar....LMMFAO

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJhvYXKZK8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kmuZU2LIRgo

Comment

• Originally posted by eco1 View Post
        Actually I believe De La Coca here.
        That fight should've been a draw if I recall correctly, haven't watched it since I did live.
        And won't watch it again cuz you don't want to shatter your world so you can keep pretending....LMMFAO

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Oscar was wearing women's underwear and doing coke when he fought Floyd.

Oscar was the one that approached Pacquiao, wanting him to step up two weight to fight him, only just stepping up the fight before.
          You don't know how long oscar has been doing weird things which is no argument to support oscar K.O.ing Floyd, that's a weak a*s excuse....LMMFAO

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
            Of course ODH would have KO’d Mayweather! He was robbed in their fight. It was close only because ODH was shot .
            Damn dude, you lost that pick too? LMMFAO

Comment

I dont think he lost to any of those fights. Only debate was against castillo.
              Not even, harold ledderman brainwashed everyone with his as usual terrible scorecards.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                You don't know how long oscar has been doing weird things which is no argument to support oscar K.O.ing Floyd, that's a weak a*s excuse....LMMFAO

Think he mentioned he went of the rails in his retirement, pretty sure the pictures are dated back to that time period as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jblo View Post
                  Why do you guys say money chose the right time he was old too... And de la hoya didnt want to fight mayweather at 147 he was the A side and demanded the fight at 154 floyds highest weight ever... All the big names were running from floyd when they were the A side of negotiations but when de la hoya knew it was time to pass the torch he gave it too floyd because he used floyd to make golden boy a whole lotta money.... He beat the whole stable young and old he fought tough guys canelo was easy work for floyd now the cash cow for golden boy was merely a sparring session for T.B.E did canelo hit him. Now he think he is floyd.fights just like him ask Abel ggg trainer he said so himself... Floyd was 30 he was an old man that stayed in top shape he was 4 years younger than oscar 34.. At 34 floyd was still mopping the young guys with ease.. floyd prime was not at 147 it was before that those were just his money years...

Because Floyd cherry picked those fights. Floyd continually avoided the tough fights and fough old guys past their best, green fighters or sub par fighters like Ortiz and Berto.

Comment

Every time I make a point at you, you don’t reply at that specific response instead you find another comment to react upon.
                    That has been the cycle so far.

Now I’m gonna make a point again towards you let’s see if you’ll respond.

First, how the hell marquez got included in this?
                    Second, was manny still at his prime when Floyd fought him??

If you answer yes to the second you’re an idiot.

Fact is it didn’t happen in their primes as we wished it did! Period!!!
                    So quit giving credit to Floyd as if he had beaten the prime version of specific fighters just because he likely would have!
                    It was a good win for his resume, but its not even close to being considered his best win.
                    You mentioned Marquez in the comment, I just added...

To answer you, they ducked Floyd when they were in their prime which should tell you all you need to know which is they knew they would lose to Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                      Get'em Larry! LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X