Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If I Was 28, 29 - I'd Have KO'd Mayweather's Ass!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
    I think it's closer to a 60-40 fight in favour of Delahoya. Fishnets was well past his prime when he fought Mayweather and Pacquiao. Felix Sturm whooped DeLahoya many years before those fights and Delahoya was getting fat, drunk and wasted on coke between every fight for the last few years of his fighting career. He consistently gassed out after 6 rounds....That was as predictable as clock work. He started slowing down after the Vargas fight 2002/2003. Little Steve Forbes gave him a hard fight around the time he fought Pac and May years after partying, snorting and blimping up. The Mayf@gs are on their knees doing what they do best in this thread. I would definitely favour prime welterweight Delahoya over prime welterweight Mayweather.
    You are basing your prediction on what exactly? 60-40. You are a comedian, why not 70-30 then. In Oscars prime was he undefeated? Who was he beaten by or who did he beat to suggest he would beat Mayweather? Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying Mayweather would have knocked him out but he was the superior athlete, had the superior boxing skills. He was way to evasive for Oscar to form any time of sustained attack. Just peruse over his losses in his peak and tell me why Mayweather is not capable of capitalising on his flaws when other boxers at oscars peak were?

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      I don't think Floyd would K.O. oscar AT ALL but Floyd would of schooled oscar worse at 147.
      Than why did Floyd retire instead of giving "The Golden Boy" a rematch?

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Show how out of shape he was. Oscar won titles at Superfeather and his prime years was at welter, naturally he was a welter.

Yes, Oscar's timing was off and he was slowly, much easier to make someone miss then. He still caught Floyd quite a few time.

Roided up Mosley beat Oscar, close fights though, could have gone either way. Floyd took on a Mosley over 10 years later, no roids at 38 only fighting to pay his ex-wife alimony.

Trinidad got a win over Oscar as well, in a fight many thoughts Oscar won, he seemed to rack up a lead then cruise in the latter rounds, Most people had Oscar winning that.

A Prime Roided Mosley and Trinidad both beat Floyd as well.

But much like Oscar, Floyd only cherry picked Mosley when the time is right.

Mayweather never beat great fighter in their prime
        I’m very disappointed in your lack of knowledge and your fruitless assertions. Are you aware Floyd demanded to face Shane Mosley on numerous of occasions. Go and YouTube and hear it from the horses mouth why he didn’t want to face Floyd. His admission would put that silly comment you made in check.lolol . Then we Refocus on Oscar ,are you aware how long Mayweather called him out before they actually fought? It’s convenient to put the blame solely on Mayweather but at least do your research. Don’t let me do it for you.

A roided Mosley and Trinidad beats Mayweather because? There is no substance behind what you are saying I’m afraid but I admire your passion nevertheless. Ciao though I’m on to the next one

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
          Mayweather was even more potent when he was younger with way more mobility and accuracy. No doubt he would have knocked out Dela Hoya. No version of Deal Hoya beats Mayweather. Mayweather had been chasing this fight from the days they were both with Top Rank.

People forget that Floyd called out DLH, Mosley in 2005.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEHF5HX6Jb0

Comment

• Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
            The fight would have looked more like the Pacquiao vs DLH fight. The second fight was contracted to happen at 147 instead of 154. DLH looked sluggish and poor against Forbes, his tune-up fight at 150. Too much weight to drop at his age, as we saw with him vs Pac the following year.

Imagine Floyd fighting the ghost version that Pac fought? DLH weighed 164 fight night vs Floyd, and weighed 147 fight night vs Pac. Do the math, and think with your head not your heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
              Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
              The fight would have looked more like the Pacquiao vs DLH fight. The second fight was contracted to happen at 147 instead of 154. DLH looked sluggish and poor against Forbes, his tune-up fight at 150. Too much weight to drop at his age, as we saw with him vs Pac the following year.

Imagine Floyd fighting the ghost version that Pac fought? DLH weighed 164 fight night vs Floyd, and weighed 147 fight night vs Pac. Do the math, and think with your head not your heart.

Thank you sir. Just simple math. Yet to these people, 5+5=55

Comment

• The only ass De la hoya is Ko'ing is his own with a wooden spoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  Show how out of shape he was. Oscar won titles at Superfeather and his prime years was at welter, naturally he was a welter.

Yes, Oscar's timing was off and he was slowly, much easier to make someone miss then. He still caught Floyd quite a few time.

Roided up Mosley beat Oscar, close fights though, could have gone either way. Floyd took on a Mosley over 10 years later, no roids at 38 only fighting to pay his ex-wife alimony.

Trinidad got a win over Oscar as well, in a fight many thoughts Oscar won, he seemed to rack up a lead then cruise in the latter rounds, Most people had Oscar winning that.

A Prime Roided Mosley and Trinidad both beat Floyd as well.

But much like Oscar, Floyd only cherry picked Mosley when the time is right.

Mayweather never beat great fighter in their prime
                  Why do you guys say money chose the right time he was old too... And de la hoya didnt want to fight mayweather at 147 he was the A side and demanded the fight at 154 floyds highest weight ever... All the big names were running from floyd when they were the A side of negotiations but when de la hoya knew it was time to pass the torch he gave it too floyd because he used floyd to make golden boy a whole lotta money.... He beat the whole stable young and old he fought tough guys canelo was easy work for floyd now the cash cow for golden boy was merely a sparring session for T.B.E did canelo hit him. Now he think he is floyd.fights just like him ask Abel ggg trainer he said so himself... Floyd was 30 he was an old man that stayed in top shape he was 4 years younger than oscar 34.. At 34 floyd was still mopping the young guys with ease.. floyd prime was not at 147 it was before that those were just his money years...

Comment

• you guys talk like floyd was a flawed boxer when he was younger he's always been a master at that. if oscar would have fought floyd when he was younger he would have knocked him out or toyed with him like he did baldomir the tough guy
                    Last edited by Jblo; 09-02-2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
                      I agree with Oscar. Prime Oscar destroys Floyd.
                      Prime oscar ducked Floyd which says a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X