Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the lineal HW champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So a number of people don’t seem to know fury retired. So here’s the info.

28th Nov 15 - Tyson fury wins titles. Wbo, ibf, wba, ibo

3rd Oct 16 - fury retires from boxing ““I’m the greatest, & I’m also retired, so go suck a ****, happy days”.

12th Oct 16 - Tyson fury vacates wbo, wba, ibo
    13th Oct 16 - British boxing board of control suspend Tyson fury for taking drugs

26th July 17 - fury retires again
    “Been very blessed in my life & career achieve the upmost [sic] in boxing, was a epic journey along the way, Thanks to all the fans that supported & believed in me along the way. Hope you enjoy [sic] it as much as I did. THE END.”

1st Feb 18 fury stripped of ring ****zine title for inactivity

Comment

The fact this debate pops up every now and again shows the flaws that come with lineage. It's a nice trinket to have, but it can become watered down in instances.

I actually read a piece in Boxing Monthly not too long back that thinks Fury shouldn't be lineal due to the fact he failed a drugs test and was banned. I think there's a very valid point in that, but i'm, not sure on the history of such situations.

He is the 'man who beat the man', and that's all lineal is, so in that case Fury is still lineal, as he hasn't lost it in the ring.

The debate comes with how long inactivity has it's say, or if you take his retirement talk serious.
      According to CyberZone Pacquiao was lineal after the Bradley fight, he retired, lost his lineal, and was back in the ring 7 months later.

Comment

It should be Vacant until AJ and Wilder Fight!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          no way

" lineage " is not determined by #1 facing #2..... because, #3 could be the better fighter

e.g. Povetkin could beat Joshua

the only way you can become " lineal " champ is by beating a unified (UNDISPUTED, so..... all 4 recognized titles) champ..... and Fury is the only guy who did that

the IBO doesn't count

the only fight that could currently achieve that is Wilder/Joshua..... until that happens, Fury is the lineal champ

I accept the argument that Fury retired..... but it is a weak argument, because nobody thought that Fury had really retired
          According to that definition neither Wlad nor Fury were lineal champions, because neither of them held all 4 recognised belts.

Vitali was the WBC champ, not Wlad - yeah they were 2 different guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Accolade View Post
            Let this thread be a prime example of how ****** some people on this website are, including you.
            Says the fool who didn't even know that Vitali Klitschko held the WBC title after Lennox Lewis, until somebody told him in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Says the fool who didn't even know that Vitali Klitschko held the WBC title after Lennox Lewis, until somebody told him in this thread.
              Keep grasping at straws in an attempt to one-up me, and stay shook . Maybe on April 1st your ******ity won't be seen as spam.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                Pacquiao won the lineal title by beating Timothy Bradley after Floyd Mayweather retired. He then vacated it by retiring after he beat Jessie Vargas. He returned and fought Horn, but because Pacquiao had previously retired he was not recognized as the lineal champion, and nor was Horn when he got the decision. Nor was Floyd Mayweather still recognized as the lineal champion when he came back to fight McGregor.

If you retire or leave the weight class for an extended period of time, you're not the lineal champion anymore. The championship becomes vacant and can only be awarded when a consensus #1 versus #2 fight happens.

how the fak did Pac become the lineal champ by beating Bradley?

stop now

Comment

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
                  Pretty straightforward: until Fury retires or gets beaten, Fury is the man who beat the last lineal champion, Wladimir Klitschko. When Lennox Lewis retired, the lineal title was vacant until Klitschko beat the consensus #2, Ruslan Chagaev. Even the undisputed winner of Wilder-Joshua would not be lineal until they beat Fury...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...orld_champions

that is not even debatable

but the winner of Wilder/Joshua would become undisputed

lineal is really only relevant if you do not have an undisputed champ, the cycle starts again

lineal is over-rated, like we saw with Canelo when he beat Cotto

and like with Adonis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                    So a number of people don’t seem to know fury retired. So here’s the info.

28th Nov 15 - Tyson fury wins titles. Wbo, ibf, wba, ibo

3rd Oct 16 - fury retires from boxing ““I’m the greatest, & I’m also retired, so go suck a ****, happy days”.

12th Oct 16 - Tyson fury vacates wbo, wba, ibo
                    13th Oct 16 - British boxing board of control suspend Tyson fury for taking drugs

26th July 17 - fury retires again
                    “Been very blessed in my life & career achieve the upmost [sic] in boxing, was a epic journey along the way, Thanks to all the fans that supported & believed in me along the way. Hope you enjoy [sic] it as much as I did. THE END.”

1st Feb 18 fury stripped of ring ****zine title for inactivity

The Ring " title ", is not automatically the lineal champ

no idea where people got that idea from

you cannot strip lineage

they are just a ****zine ffs

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      According to that definition neither Wlad nor Fury were lineal champions, because neither of them held all 4 recognised belts.

Vitali was the WBC champ, not Wlad - yeah they were 2 different guys!

fair point

I have heard some say that you must hold 3 of the 4 recognized titles to be undisputed..... but no idea where they got that from

lineage is sooooo overrated

Comment

Working...
                      X