Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Sergey Kovalev is Pretty Much Done at 35!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
    Reality is I’m a fan of BOXING. I APPRECIATE the sweet science. IM NOT A FAN BOY WHO HAS CRUSHES ON BOXERS. I broke down Kovalevs weaknesses. That’s all. You don’t know $h*t about boxing kid. Now go play with your boxing dolls. Your bothering me.
    Dude, what 'crushes' do I have exactly? I'm not a 'fanboy', I'm a trained boxer. The point I'm making, the only point, is that Kovalev's punch resistance has completely gone. If you can't see that as a glaring 'weakness' for you to 'break down', you really don't know anywhere as much as you think you do. Adios idiota.

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
      Many of us don’t like Jones because he is biased! I hear it from him all the time , pulling for one fighter then gets real quite when his man gets Whupped! His man was getting Whupped last evening the Boom !

Yore Mang won! Not everyone can be like Rocky Marciano, fight all comers and never lose. I well remember when what’s his name cool cold ****ed yo jaw and layed you out like a pancake, Oh wait that happened more than once.

Since you know dawgs you know they are supposed to get more intense not go down in the first round like you did.

However I believe you are right about the Krusher. He didn’t look right in the fight like the old days. Old man time whupps us ALLLLLL ME AND YOU JONES!!!

You Live By the Sword YOU DIE BY IT!!

Hope the best for the Krusher!!!
      I disagree with you. Roy is usually spot on with his analysis. The guy really knows his stuff.

I remember as the bell went for the beginning of the first round in the Crawford vs Gamboa fight the other commentators asked Roy how he thought the fight would go.

Roy said that he expected Gamboa to dominate the first three or four rounds and he expected Crawford to slowly take over the fight after three or four rounds and dominate later on.

He said the reason for that was because Gamboa has a deep amateur background and fighters with that kind of background usually dominate the early exchanges, but he said Crawford would make adjustments and dominate during or after the fourth.

Wolla, the fight happened exactly as Roy predicted, with Gamboa eventually getting Ko'd in the 9th.

I've seen him do it a couple of times and apparently he predicted something similar about this one as well.

I remember Crawford switching to southpaw against Gamboa and he immediately got tagged a lot after switching and the other commentators were like "why the hell did he switch cause it's clearly not working for him"

But Roy told them no, Crawford must have seen something during the early exchanges, a weakness that he can exploit in the southpaw stance and its just taking him a little time to get the southpaw rhythm but once he does we will be able to see what he saw.

And then wola, it happened just like Roy said.

He's eccentric and easily exciteable but he knows his stuff.

Roy is the most criminally underated commentator out there. I like watching fights where he commentates.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
        If only Roy looked at himself the same way
        Beat me to it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
          I disagree with you. Roy is usually spot on with his analysis. The guy really knows his stuff.

I remember as the bell went for the beginning of the first round in the Crawford vs Gamboa fight the other commentators asked Roy how he thought the fight would go.

Roy said that he expected Gamboa to dominate the first three or four rounds and he expected Crawford to slowly take over the fight after three or four rounds and dominate later on.

He said the reason for that was because Gamboa has a deep amateur background and fighters with that kind of background usually dominate the early exchanges, but he said Crawford would make adjustments and dominate during or after the fourth.

Wolla, the fight happened exactly as Roy predicted, with Gamboa eventually getting Ko'd in the 9th.

I've seen him do it a couple of times and apparently he predicted something similar about this one as well.

I remember Crawford switching to southpaw against Gamboa and he immediately got tagged a lot after switching and the other commentators were like "why the hell did he switch cause it's clearly not working for him"

But Roy told them no, Crawford must have seen something during the early exchanges, a weakness that he can exploit in the southpaw stance and its just taking him a little time to get the southpaw rhythm but once he does we will be able to see what he saw.

And then wola, it happened just like Roy said.

He's eccentric and easily exciteable but he knows his stuff.

Roy is the most criminally underated commentator out there. I like watching fights where he commentates.
          I agree. I can tell Roy really knows boxing inside out when he commentates, he has really good technical insights. And I'm someone who always argues with people who say he was the GOAT, I think he always had flaws himself, but that doesn't mean he hasn't got a wealth of experience. He was trained hard by his Dad since he was a young kid, and was competing fighter for nearly 40 years man and boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Father time is undefeated! Only the very highly skilled (Hopkins, Klitschko, Mayweather, Pacquiao) fighters can do much after 35!
            So true....most great fighters in history are slowing down or shot by 30 odd, only a handful were at world level by their late 30s and then only a very small number beyond that. Pac may well be world level at 40, Mayweather was, Hopkins was at 49 lol

Kovalev could probably pick up a weak title but he may never be at the top of his division ever again.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              Didn't really work out for Andre either. It was clear from the first fight with Kovalev that he could be outboxed by someone of his own size with a little more power. The light-heavy division is chock-full of guys like that.
              Bra Andre Ward was inactive for like 5 years or so through contractual disputes and injuries and then hadn't faced elite comp and elite power for similar amount of years. It was obvious gonna take him time to adjust and regain top form.

It took him till the second half of the first fight to adjust and in the second fight he looked way more fit and energetic like the old Andre Ward.

Had Kovalev fought Ward before the long hiatus he would have been destroyed and KTFO in the first fight already.

He should count his lucky stars that he faced Ward at the time that he did.

Comment

• Kov could definitely be done, but he could also win by KO in the rematch. He looked great through 6 rounds again as he usually does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                  Bra Andre Ward was inactive for like 5 years or so through contractual disputes and injuries and then hadn't faced elite comp and elite power for similar amount of years. It was obvious gonna take him time to adjust and regain top form.

It took him till the second half of the first fight to adjust and in the second fight he looked way more fit and energetic like the old Andre Ward.

Had Kovalev fought Ward before the long hiatus he would have been destroyed and KTFO in the first fight already.

He should count his lucky stars that he faced Ward at the time that he did.
                  The first Kovalev fight was Andre's 3rd fight of 2016.

In my opinion Andre retired for a reason, the light-heavy division was going to be real hard work for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                    Dude, what 'crushes' do I have exactly? I'm not a 'fanboy', I'm a trained boxer. The point I'm making, the only point, is that Kovalev's punch resistance has completely gone. If you can't see that as a glaring 'weakness' for you to 'break down', you really don't know anywhere as much as you think you do. Adios idiota.
                    You must of forgot to keep your hands up. Took too many to the head, cause your reading comprehension is for $h*t. Reread my first comment Eighnstein,
                    Sure your a boxer. Number 1 thing your taught is to keep your fkn hands up. Why do you think they teach that mr boxer? I imagine you really don’t know why.
                    Now go ahead make an idiot out of yourself AGAIN. Moron.
                    Last edited by MONGOOSE66; 08-06-2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                      You must of forgot to keep your hands up. Took too many to the head, cause your reading comprehension is for $h*t. Reread my first comment Eighnstein,
                      Sure your a boxer. Number 1 thing your taught is to keep your fkn hands up. Why do you think they teach that mr boxer? I imagine you really don’t know why.
                      Now go ahead make an idiot out of yourself AGAIN. Moron.
                      You clearly know nothing - regardless of Kovalev's defence, it's clear he has very poor punch resistance when he gets hit. His chin is shattered. Too much boozing, not training hard enough, although he probably never had a particularly good one anyway. He got put down by Camparillo.
                      You don't or refuse to get it though. If he boxed with a peek a boo guard, his chin would still be **** - an accident waiting to happen. He'll be on jelly legs again whenever someone lands a big shot. You can't avoid getting hit completely for long, even if he had his hands high. Remember this when he gets smoked again - I told you so.

Comment

Working...
                      X