Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Sergey Kovalev is Pretty Much Done at 35!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Sergey Kovalev is Pretty Much Done at 35!

Former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. believes Sergey Kovalev "is done" after watching the feared Russian puncher get knocked out in the seventh round by undefeated Eleider Alvarez, on Saturday night at the Hard Rock & Hotel in Atlantic City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Father time is undefeated! Only the very highly skilled (Hopkins, Klitschko, Mayweather, Pacquiao) fighters can do much after 35!

Comment

If only Roy looked at himself the same way

Comment

Kov deserves credit for some tough wins. Going to England for short money and winning. Imo he won the 1st Ward fight. I think he just needed to humble himself by accepting jackon’s criticism and working to improve in those areas.

He can fight again but I think Ward established the way you beat kov so maybe get a farewell fight and call it quits.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
          If only Roy looked at himself the same way
          Lol yeah. I don’t completely disagree but this is the last guy who should be offering retirement advice

Comment

Many of us don’t like Jones because he is biased! I hear it from him all the time , pulling for one fighter then gets real quite when his man gets Whupped! His man was getting Whupped last evening the Boom !

Yore Mang won! Not everyone can be like Rocky Marciano, fight all comers and never lose. I well remember when what’s his name cool cold ****ed yo jaw and layed you out like a pancake, Oh wait that happened more than once.

Since you know dawgs you know they are supposed to get more intense not go down in the first round like you did.

However I believe you are right about the Krusher. He didn’t look right in the fight like the old days. Old man time whupps us ALLLLLL ME AND YOU JONES!!!

You Live By the Sword YOU DIE BY IT!!

Hope the best for the Krusher!!!

Comment

Well, I guess RJJ is the expert when it comes to getting knocked out in LHW at the age of 35..

Comment

I need to start my own boxing website. This site makes articles based on the commentary the hbo announcers make while wrapping up the show, the post fight in ring interviews, interviews already posted on fight hype, etc. How tough can that be?

Comment

As I said last night, it's over for Kovalev, I have a hard time seeing him getting in a ring again. Ward took his aura of invincibility away and Alvarez snatched his soul last night. I'm curious to see how Kovalev will be remembered and how differently his career might have gone if the first Ward fight was scored in his favor

Comment

I think he might be right but I also think a rematch (which was in the contact) is a 50/50 proposition

Comment

Working...
                    X