Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Sergey Kovalev is Pretty Much Done at 35!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
    what time is it? its overreaction time!

Kovalev had the fight in the bag and was in control then got dropped by a right hand from hell.

He's not done.. it happens. he'll fight again.

Jones is the LAST mofo in boxing who should be giving anybody retirement advice.
    He never had the fight in the bag. But you can keep fantasizing with this revisionist version of the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Lol ok Roy, you're one to talk .

Kovalev was in full control before getting hammered in the 7th. He could pull off the rematch if his confidence isn't absolutely shot after this.
      He was never in "full control". If he was he never would have been knocked on his ass in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
        You clearly know nothing - regardless of Kovalev's defence, it's clear he has very poor punch resistance when he gets hit. His chin is shattered. Too much boozing, not training hard enough, although he probably never had a particularly good one anyway. He got put down by Camparillo.
        You don't or refuse to get it though. If he boxed with a peek a boo guard, his chin would still be **** - an accident waiting to happen. He'll be on jelly legs again whenever someone lands a big shot. You can't avoid getting hit completely for long, even if he had his hands high. Remember this when he gets smoked again - I told you so.
        It’s obvious he doesn’t take care of himself. He is vulnerable due to not being in shape. Fatigue is a motha fka.
        In addition to bad habit. Watch the first few rounds. He got hit clean by a right hook on the chin. It was solid. He took it only cause he wasn’t tired yet. I don’t think Kovalev is capable of being trained properly. He’s a little primadonna, but if he trained right, ran, core training and boxed properly. He is one hell of a fighter. Dude your preaching to the quire as far as him being an a$$h0le. Im not fond of him but again. He’s one hell of a talent if he’s properly trained.

Comment

• I love it when Communists get destroyed and KO'd.

Most Americans hate Communists like Kovalev. That arrogant SOB atheist Kovalev is just a commie hating America and looking for A Cash haul. Great to see the bum Kovalev destroyed and KO'd.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            He was never in "full control". If he was he never would have been knocked on his ass in the first place.
            Anyone can get caught man. And Kovalev had won rounds 4-6.

Comment

• Originally posted by allenfred View Post
              Most Americans hate Communists like Kovalev. That arrogant SOB atheist Kovalev is just a commie hating America and looking for A Cash haul. Great to see the bum Kovalev destroyed and KO'd.
              Atheist? He's an orthodox Christian, as are most people from his part of Russia. I'm not a fan of Kovalev btw, I'm saying what the hell has religion got to do with anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                Anyone can get caught man. And Kovalev had won rounds 4-6.
                He got a little more than 'caught'. He couldn't hold the big shots, as we saw in the Ward rematch when his legs went to jelly off one good right hand. His punch resistance is poor. Everyone knows this now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                  It’s obvious he doesn’t take care of himself. He is vulnerable due to not being in shape. Fatigue is a motha fka.
                  In addition to bad habit. Watch the first few rounds. He got hit clean by a right hook on the chin. It was solid. He took it only cause he wasn’t tired yet. I don’t think Kovalev is capable of being trained properly. He’s a little primadonna, but if he trained right, ran, core training and boxed properly. He is one hell of a fighter. Dude your preaching to the quire as far as him being an a$$h0le. Im not fond of him but again. He’s one hell of a talent if he’s properly trained.
                  His punch resistance could possibly improve if he got a lot fitter, OK. That won't happen anyway though, because he's a lazy trainer, as Jackson said, and he's too arrogant and stuck in his ways at 35 to change now.
                  Kovalev's career is only going one way now. He's lost his intimidation factor. He was never a complete fighter anyway.
                  Don Turner, Holyfield's old trainer, was Jackson's assistant in the corner for Kovalev.
                  After the Ward rematch, he did an interview on youtube saying Kovalev was only ever a big puncher.
                  I admit it was a little disloyal to say it straight after the loss, but he's a very experienced guy, he knows boxing.

Comment

• Off topic but speaking of Roy Jones Jr... I had a dream last night that his record was 31-31. In the dream I was thinking when the hell did he rack up 31 loses?? Really weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                      The first Kovalev fight was Andre's 3rd fight of 2016.
                      The point went right over your head didn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X