Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Fury Fight Nearly Done; 'Way Bigger' Than Joshua Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a fantasy. There's nothing big in the heavyweight division in America for years now, except the weight. I don't even think Wilder vs Joshua is big.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOXING-SCRIBE View Post
      So you are one of these @$$holes that actually follows the ranking system's by these trinket orgs???lol!!!!
      I'm not talking about the title rankings. I'm talking about the overall rankings for Heavyweight.

Fury needs to do more to get a good ranking, his name alone shouldn't do so. That's not how sports work.

Comment

• Originally posted by BreWall View Post
        It's a fantasy. There's nothing big in the heavyweight division in America for years now, except the weight. I don't even think Wilder vs Joshua is big.
        Short-sighted Canadian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
          Show me where Hearn said Fury is ready for Whyte?
          December 14, 2017:

Hearn said: "The good news is he's now served his ban. It looks almost inevitable that we'll see him return to boxing, which is great for the sport.

"We've got three fights for him. He can fight Dillian Whyte on the comeback, then Tony Bellew and then he can have Anthony Joshua."

A potential fight with Joshua would be the "biggest fight in British boxing history" according to Hearn, and he confirmed that he had already discussed the fight with Fury.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...nts-for-return

This is just one of times Hearn mentioned Whyte vs. Fury! Funny thing about this one is Whyte was 'the comeback fight." Not after 2-3 fights, but the comeback fight!

August 2, 2018:

"I want either Fury or Charr next," Whyte exclusively told Sky Sports.

"Charr has the WBA belt so why not, it's a good fight, he's a great fighter and will come to fight. Whether he wants it is a different story, I know I do and it can be made.

"It's time I got a shot.

"Then there's Fury. The guy's a joker and a mess, mentally and physically, he's irrelevant right now.

"He's saying he wants to fight Wilder, but he's talking rubbish, that won't happen and it makes no sense right now.

"Fury-Whyte is a great fight, let's get it done. It's more realistic him fighting me. If he wants a real fight, we can get it on in December, it'll have the money and hype, and it'll be massive."

"It's a proper British dust-up and will be a better fight than him against Wilder."

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...anthony-joshua

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            December 14, 2017:

Hearn said: "The good news is he's now served his ban. It looks almost inevitable that we'll see him return to boxing, which is great for the sport.

"We've got three fights for him. He can fight Dillian Whyte on the comeback, then Tony Bellew and then he can have Anthony Joshua."

A potential fight with Joshua would be the "biggest fight in British boxing history" according to Hearn, and he confirmed that he had already discussed the fight with Fury.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...nts-for-return

This is just one of times Hearn mentioned Whyte vs. Fury! Funny thing about this one is Whyte was 'the comeback fight." Not after 2-3 fights, but the comeback fight!

August 2, 2018:

"I want either Fury or Charr next," Whyte exclusively told Sky Sports.

"Charr has the WBA belt so why not, it's a good fight, he's a great fighter and will come to fight. Whether he wants it is a different story, I know I do and it can be made.

"It's time I got a shot.

"Then there's Fury. The guy's a joker and a mess, mentally and physically, he's irrelevant right now.

"He's saying he wants to fight Wilder, but he's talking rubbish, that won't happen and it makes no sense right now.

"Fury-Whyte is a great fight, let's get it done. It's more realistic him fighting me. If he wants a real fight, we can get it on in December, it'll have the money and hype, and it'll be massive."

"It's a proper British dust-up and will be a better fight than him against Wilder."

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...anthony-joshua
            Hearn shouldn't have said that. Fury wouldn't be ready for fights like that straight off the bat. So yeah, it was foolish.

Whyte didn't mention Fury though until it came out that Fury may be fighting Wilder. He never called him out before that.

Comment

Pianeta is a bum. Nothing will ever change that fact. No one would pay him millions because no one would ever pay to watch such a fight.
              yes he's a bum. but we're talking about what his value would be if he beat tyson fury twice in a row and was lineal world heavyweight champion.

buster douglas was considered a bum and made 1 million against mike tyson.

in his first defense, he made over 24 million.

welcome to boxing.

Comment

By not fighting for over 2 years you lose the lineal championship. So Fury isn't lineal in anything.
                That's not one of the rules. Sorry.

You could try to argue that he retired. But the consensus is that he didnt and that he's still lineal champion. Even ring magazine refers to him as lineal champion.

Comment

Hearn shouldn't have said that. Fury wouldn't be ready for fights like that straight off the bat. So yeah, it was foolish.

Whyte didn't mention Fury though until it came out that Fury may be fighting Wilder. He never called him out before that.
                  My point is that they know how lucrative a Fury fight is, they wanted the fight, but now that Wilder is close to making the deal, suddenly Fury "isn't ready." It's similar to Mayweather vs. McGregor. Oscar talked *****, and Arum talked *****, but at the same time, they were talking about "if Floyd is scared, Canelo will do it," "Pacquiao will fight him, etc." It's a farce only when it's not their guy fighting, but if it's their guy, it's a legitimate fight!

Comment

• Not sure if Fury is ready for a guy like Wilder yet. Wilder is an animal. Would been a great fight in 2015, not sure about now. Would watch regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      That's not one of the rules. Sorry.

You could try to argue that he retired. But the consensus is that he didnt and that he's still lineal champion. Even ring magazine refers to him as lineal champion.
                      TBRB and CBZ both consider the lineal title vacant.

They are both far more credible than the Ring at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X