Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Fury Fight Nearly Done; 'Way Bigger' Than Joshua Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder: Fury Fight Nearly Done; 'Way Bigger' Than Joshua Fight

By Keith Idec - Deontay Wilder sounds relieved. The last thing Wilder wanted once the Anthony Joshua fight fell apart earlier this summer was to settle for making a mandatory title defense against Dominic Breazeale next. Fighting Tyson Fury won't earn Wilder quite as much money as he would've made for facing Joshua, but it'll provide Wilder with the opportunity to defeat another big, unbeaten British star, who's also boxing's lineal heavyweight champion...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good for Wilder. Next biggest fight he can get! #bombzquad

Comment

Could be big in Europe, but not in America.

And I assume Fury will be offered more than $50 million, otherwise it can't be bigger.

Comment

Game recognize Game, I can't wait to see 2 kings facing each other... Team AJ and DAZN camp are looking softer than an English Muffin.

Comment

Man, do you guys think this fight should be in US or UK? I actually think it should be in the UK but those Europeans do travel for their people so it may still be a packed house.

Comment

I think I'll take the trip to Vegas for this one. Let's see if it's finalized.

Big move if it happens.

Comment

I'm still not convinced. He was also signed to rematch Wlad. Fury could very well chicken out AGAIN, and go back into hiding and crying. Or he could fail another ped test. He has tested dirty three times, and kicked testers out refusing to give a sample another time. This isn't like Canelo who has been enrolled in VADA testing for years and only failed one test. Tyson has a short pro career, but a rather lengthy wrap sheet for failing tests.

I hope the fight gets made and actually happens, but Fury could change his mind or decide to cheat at any given time.

Still, Fury does realize the entire world is laughing at the U.K. for AJ's unabashed cowardice. "I'll sign a contract in one day for $50 million." Wilder says ok, deal, and AJ comes back with "Nah, I was just kidding, I don't want to fight you." The most obvious duck in the history of boxing.

Comment

Huge dilemma for Showtime on who's going to fund this fight with potential $100 million in guarantees for both fighters. It would have to sell more than 2 mil in PPVs.

Comment

Does mc cracken still think AJ not ready ?..... lol

Have fun in your pathetic soccer ground gayj.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                    Man, do you guys think this fight should be in US or UK? I actually think it should be in the UK but those Europeans do travel for their people so it may still be a packed house.
                    It'll make more in the U.S. The ppv's are going to provide the money and having it at 5 o'clock U.S. time wouldn't do well. Plus, this is a pretty big fight, and whatever venue in Vegas, the crowd might be small compared to the U.K. but the revenue from the gate will be pretty close. Big events like this are still a status symbol for celebrities.

Also, as you said Britain travels well. Add to that, Floyd and Pac both sold insane amounts of ppv's in Britain vs. Hatton. The U.S. fans are more fickle, and aren't going to shell out $70 for a fight on a Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                    X