Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Jermall Charlo Will Beat Triple-G and Canelo at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killakali View Post
    Not at all. Showtime doesn't pay a penny for the media tour lol. The tour is put on by his "promoter" so that means PBC paid for it and set it up just like Top Rank just did a big media tour with Crawford. It wasn't ESPN who "invested". It was Top Rank
    I mean either way it's good for us lol

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      Yeah Charlo's team has failed them both. They have never headlined in Texas or even fought on undercards in the state in years smh. That is why they are so unknown and a guy like Ryan Garcia has 5x more IG followers than them.

That is probably why both Charlos have stated they are looking to sign with promoters
      That's not what they said at all lol neither twin will be signing with anybody anytime soon.

Ryan Garcia is a young Latino guy who's very good at self promotion. There are other young guys with GBP who aren't nearly as popular. For example Diego De La Hoya

Comment

Of course he's going to say that of his stable mate. What else is he going to say?

Comment

Spence is obviously going to support his friend. And I'd love to see both of those fights take place. I'm interested to see how things play out after the GGG and Canelo rematch is done. The options for the winner of that are pretty much Sergiy-Jacobs winner, BJS or Charlo. So eventually the pieces will fall into place. Only thing that could throw a wrench in it will be a trilogy which I hope doesn't happen the rematch is pushing it as it is.

Comment

Aww, Spence. Just when I was beginning to like you. Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              so a PBC fighter picks another PBC fighter to beat 2 non-PBC fighters.

Im shocked.
              Its not just that they are both with PBC. They also train together. Spence has sparred with both Charlo's and shares a trainer with Jermell.

Comment

Ive always thought Charlo was a good fighter. We just need to see him up against a good boxer before sending him in against top notch fighters.

Comment

Interesting to see people responding as if it's impossible that charlo could beat either ggg or Canelo. It's not as if he said khan could beat them. He's talking about a legit strong middle weight with good skills. Competitive fights if you ask me.

Comment

Errol and the Charlo brothers all 3 fellow roid users facts 👌🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      The more interesting thread in the story was the "11 stop media tour"

Seems like Showtime is investing in Spence in a major way. He just fought and is back out on the road on a media tour?

I'd rather Idec gave us some details on what's happening in that regard.

I agree that the quote was a non-headline lol
                      Since PBC's inception, Spence has been the fighter most invested in. They hyped all his fights big time, and if you remember, Spence fought Bundu, immediately following the U.S. men's basketball Olympic gold medal game in 2016. There is no better time/station than that. It peaked at over 6 million views.

Also, I'm not sure about other t.v. providers, but I do know that Sling had a free preview of Showtime last weekend, conveniently on the weekend Spence fought. Which is rare. hbo has numerous free preview weekends, but showtime, not so much.

There is no doubt that PBC and Showtime clearly believe Spence can be a big star. The only other fighter to get close to as much love from PBC is Wilder. (Though Lubin and Pritchard Colon also received good attention til Lubin got ko'd and Colon's career was ended from punches to the back of the head.)

Comment

Working...
                      X