Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Jermall Charlo Will Beat Triple-G and Canelo at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
    Interesting to see people responding as if it's impossible that charlo could beat either ggg or Canelo. It's not as if he said khan could beat them. He's talking about a legit strong middle weight with good skills. Competitive fights if you ask me.
    It's really this simple. I'm not even sure Canelo would be the betting favorite if they fought. GGG definitely would though.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
      I mean either way it's good for us lol
      and especially good for Spence. He’s kinda like Crawford in that they don’t seek the media and are reserved. Good for him though. He deserves it

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
        Since PBC's inception, Spence has been the fighter most invested in. They hyped all his fights big time, and if you remember, Spence fought Bundu, immediately following the U.S. men's basketball Olympic gold medal game in 2016. There is no better time/station than that. It peaked at over 6 million views.

Also, I'm not sure about other t.v. providers, but I do know that Sling had a free preview of Showtime last weekend, conveniently on the weekend Spence fought. Which is rare. hbo has numerous free preview weekends, but showtime, not so much.

There is no doubt that PBC and Showtime clearly believe Spence can be a big star. The only other fighter to get close to as much love from PBC is Wilder. (Though Lubin and Pritchard Colon also received good attention til Lubin got ko'd and Colon's career was ended from punches to the back of the head.)
        This is a very good post. I remember all of the Colon attention. I'm still bothered by his situation to this day. Lubin was definitely getting a lot of push too.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
          and especially good for Spence. He’s kinda like Crawford in that they don’t seek the media and are reserved. Good for him though. He deserves it
          I completely agree. I want the Hagler, Hearns type of guys back. Floyd was cool but **** has gotten too wired these days lol

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing 956 View Post
            Ive always thought Charlo was a good fighter. We just need to see him up against a good boxer before sending him in against top notch fighters.
            We already saw him against Trout and J-Rock. Both are good boxers, not elite, but just a notch or two below the best.

He's WBC mandatory so don't expect him to risk losing his chance against either Canelo or g by fighting someone like Jacobs or Andrade. Not that it is right to not take any chances while waiting for his mandatory shot, but that is just the way it is.

Comment

That's not what they said at all lol neither twin will be signing with anybody anytime soon.

Ryan Garcia is a young Latino guy who's very good at self promotion. There are other young guys with GBP who aren't nearly as popular. For example Diego De La Hoya
              u must not watch any of the charlos interviews. They both said they want to add a promoter and said it’s important to have a manager and a promoter.

Here’s what Jermell Said on a conference call fam:

“So a lot of these guys use money to try to bring these fighters in, but that’s not the route I’m going with. I’m going with who cares about my career the best and who cares the most about my career. I do believe that we need promoters and we do need PR teams and we do need managers, as a boxer. And therefore, we’re looking into enhancing our careers and the statements behind it.”

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                u must not watch any of the charlos interviews. They both said they want to add a promoter and said it’s important to have a manager and a promoter.

Here’s what Jermell Said on a conference call fam:

“So a lot of these guys use money to try to bring these fighters in, but that’s not the route I’m going with. I’m going with who cares about my career the best and who cares the most about my career. I do believe that we need promoters and we do need PR teams and we do need managers, as a boxer. And therefore, we’re looking into enhancing our careers and the statements behind it.”
                I recall that, but his brother was saying some things that seemed to contradict that statement.

I don't think we'll see any major moves by them until Jermell fights Hurd. They can't afford to miss that opportunity. If he locks up those belts, they can run up the price if that's what they want to do.

But I don't think they have a true plan yet.

Comment

Sure. In 2025.

Comment

Don't see it happening anytime soon, would love to see Charlo against some actual names at 160, Jacobs, Derevyanchenko, Andrade or Murata even. No denying his skills just want to see him against some solid competition at 160, he was awesome at 154.
                    Last edited by robbyheartbaby; 06-19-2018, 10:26 PM.

Comment

He upoloaded a video at Showtime's New York office today on IG. We might be getting his next fight announcement soon.

I like what's happening across the sport right now. Loma getting hurt was a major blow, but...

Canelo v. GGG - lineal,WBC,WBA
                      Hurd v. Charlo (TBA) - WBC,IBF,WBA
                      Mikey v. Easter - IBF, WBC
                      Usyk v. Gassiev (TBA) - CW king
                      Wilder v. AJ (TBA) - HW king
                      140 WBSS coming soon

It's too many to keep up with lol

Competition has been a true blessing for us fans

Just need a few more of the top fights to happen, but we've been getting a lot of boxing.
                      Hurd vs Charlo will be later next year since Hurd just had shoulder surgery. I don't know how long a rotator cuff puts you out, but I'm sure Charlo will have to take another fight now.

Comment

Working...
                      X