No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pavlik: I Would Rather Have Fought Froch Than Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
    You know what I mean. I was being dramatic. He was leading the fight. Lets not act like it was close. 7-5 min.
    Taylor was ahead but it wasn't that wide on the cards going into the 12th.

Comment

Always liked Pavlik, fun to watch, seemed like a nice guy too, shame his career went off the rails.

A fight between him and Froch would of been awesome to watch. Pavlik would likely be the aggressor as that's how he always fought but I think Froch would of knocked him out in the end. Pavlik simply put couldn't take what Froch could dish out while Froch was damn near unstoppable. Both would of landed bombs but the man with the better chin would come out victorious.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        Froch has an iron chin. No one is knocking him out. Especially Pavlik.

You're usually a pretty decent poster, but this is one of worst posts I've seen anyone make. Anybody with a brain and knowledge of boxing would never pick Froch to be knocked out.
        Well, no one's chin is eternal. Froch was knocked down hard by George Groves; had he taken a serious shot by Pavlik, he might have been hurt for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
          The Jones fight offered more money so he went there instead. After Calzaghe's divorce, he wanted to put as much money as he could in his retirement fund.

Plus, the fight would have been at Lightheavy so no one would have given Calzaghe a shred of credit for the win the way they did with Hopkins. They also would have claimed Calzaghe ducked Jones. So it was a no win situation.
          Not a single person in the wold would have said Calzaghe ducked Jones.

No one wanted to see that fight.

Pavlik was the 10 times better option as was Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by mattr View Post
            Why are you Americans always so obsessed with mens arses? You're always talking about 'nailing his ass', 'getting in his ass' or 'putting a beating on his ass'. I could understand if you were talking about a woman but come on, you're definitely a nation full of ****'s and cross dressers.
            More trivia on that front, the surname "Froch" has the almost identical sound of the Italian word for "fàg".
            Last edited by Tatabanya; 06-18-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
              Would have KOd Frochs ass.
              Nobody could KO froch. Froch would have stopped him and Calzaghe would smack the hell out of him for a comfortable UD.

Comment

"Not only me but other people thought Taylor put an ass whooping on Froch, for 12 rounds and in the last round he just got caught and he went down."

That's such a misconception about that fight, that Taylor dominated up until the 12th.

That being said, Froch is obviously a more vulnerable mark than Calzaghe.

Comment

Pavlik before he lost to Hopkins vs. Froch would have been an absolute war that could have gone either way.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                    I have to disagree with Pavlik there. I think Middleweight most definitely is a better division than Light Heavyweight. Welterweight, however, has arguably three guys that could have been on the P4P list, but even then the only reason I would have welterweight as a better division is because they have a top dog like Crawford in it now.

Welterweight:

Errol Spence Jr., Keith Thurman, Crawford

Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter a tier below

Formerly, Kell Brook.

Light Heavyweight:

Kovalev, Stevenson, Badou, Bivol, Gzovdyk

Beterbiev is still an unknown and we may never know if he can hang and bang with the top dogs. Marcus Browne had a robbery win over Kaladjzic, so I don't rate him very highly.

Formerly, Andre Ward.

Middleweight:

Golovkin, Canelo, Jermall Charlo, Danny Jacobs, Billy Joe Saunders
                    why do people put danny garcia as a top welterweight or even on any tier? because he is with the pbc? he has beaten no one there. shot guerrero who lost or should have lost 3 of 4(robbery over aaron martinez lol), malignaggi who should have lost 3 of 4(robbery to cano lol), and shot rios who needs no description. its mind bobbling!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Taylor was ahead but it wasn't that wide on the cards going into the 12th.
                      106-107 going into their 12th round that's 7-4 or 8-3 . That's a pretty good lead. Give froch the last round if Jermain would had just clitched it would had been 7-5. That's a walk in my book. Taylor had the first 4-5 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X