No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pavlik: I Would Rather Have Fought Froch Than Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pavlik: I Would Rather Have Fought Froch Than Calzaghe

FORMER world middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik remains content that he has fought for the last time. "I promised my kids at a young age and my wife that I would be done. They wanted me done shortly after I won the title," said the Youngstown star. "I get the itch here and there but not enough to go back there. When does enough become enough," he asked.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I didn't like him beating Taylor at the time, but I never had anything against Pavlik. Seems like a good dude and those hot years he had were engaging. A tall, lengthy and strong true power puncher. As limited as he may have been, he made a mark that not many get to make on the highest level.

Nice to hear from him on a positive note.

Comment

For me the Cobra would have beaten him in a very very tough fight. One of the fights that if it was in the UK Froch would have got the nod... What a fight this would have been.. similar to Froch v Pascal!

Comment

Of course he'd rather have fought Froch because Pavlik didn't do so great against elusive targets.

Comment

I remember the night Hopkins schooled him.

Comment

Would have KOd Frochs ass.

Comment

Pavlik v. Froch would have been a great style match-up. I loved watching both of them fight when they were at their best.

Pavlik v. Taylor I remains one of my favorite fights of the last 15 years to re-watch. The finish of that fight was a thing of violent beauty. That was Pavlik at his peak.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
                Why are you Americans always so obsessed with mens arses? You're always talking about 'nailing his ass', 'getting in his ass' or 'putting a beating on his ass'. I could understand if you were talking about a woman but come on, you're definitely a nation full of ****'s and cross dressers.

Comment

Good to hear from Kelly Pavlik. He was one of my favorite fighters to watch during his prime and his first fight with Taylor was an absolute classic!

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
                    Doubtful. Froch was fairly limited but was a tough as it gets

Comment

Working...
                    X