Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Mayweather is TBE? Never Came Close To What I Did!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From a pure skills point of view he has a point, he was unnaturally good in his prime.

However, I feel like Floyd has a significantly better resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
      call him a bum all u want. he outweighed roy by like 35 lbs. and it was an amazing feat. put it like this lemeiux is now considered to be a bum but if floyd moves up to MW and beats him for a paper title guarantee it will boost his legacy even more and he'll brag about it endlessly.
      Roy hand-picked Ruiz because he was small and light-punching for a HW.

Roy would have been knocked out cold by Lewis.

Comment

• Lets shut this down asap!!!!

Roy had more god gifted athleticism than Floyd but in the basic boxing skills department we saw that Roy's skills were lacking after his athleticism diminished. He began to get flattened face first!

Comment

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
          Roy hand-picked Ruiz because he was small and light-punching for a HW.

Roy would have been knocked out cold by Lewis.
          its still a win that made history. if ward gets a title at HW from bellew he'll make history too. and if floyd had moved up to MW and beat a "bum" for a title.. guess what. he'll make history as well.

Comment

• Floyd made more money than Roy but he ain't on Roy Jones level.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Coming from someone who doesn't know how to box....LOL
              Aren't you the same loser who posts on this website 3000 times a day?

Comment

• Is it all new Boxing fans on this site? Jones Jr was ****ing incredible and the best fighter in the world for nearly a DECADE. Dropping from Heavyweight completely ruined his body, he was a shell of himself after that. But I guess most on here don't know that because THEY DIDN'T WATCH BOXING THEN.

Comment

had roy retired after ruiz he would be correct. from the early 90's to 2004. that version of roy I would favor to beat anyone in history. even robinson.

i remember there were talks of him facing tyson after ruiz. i think roy would've beaten that faded version of 2003 mike.

floyd was never as dominant for any stretch of his career. even floyd at his absolute best i would pick guys like robinson, duran, pryor, chavez, whitaker, leonard, hearns and even winky wright to beat him.

so if we delete everything after 2004 roy is 100% correct.
                  I have nothing to add but man... your signature picture..... God bless you.

Comment

• Calzaghe embarrassed Roy. That won't be forgotten either.

Comment

call him a bum all u want. he outweighed roy by like 35 lbs. and it was an amazing feat. put it like this lemeiux is now considered to be a bum but if floyd moves up to MW and beats him for a paper title guarantee it will boost his legacy even more and he'll brag about it endlessly.
                      Ruiz is an fat lazy Bum. I would rate floyd higher if he went up to beat lemeiux. Ruiz is one of the worst heavyweights. Come on now who defends this bs. Any other heavyweight Roy gets folded. That fight was hand picked FOH.

Comment

Working...
                      X