Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Mayweather is TBE? Never Came Close To What I Did!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• but if we analyze careers in TOTALITY. meaning we don't give a fck about "prime" or anything else.. then roy isn't even top 50 with all his KO defeats. but thing is we don't analyze careers in totality. Ali's losses to berbick and holmes basically dont count if you ask any fan or historian. so when ranking ali people erase a huge chunk of his career. and if thats how we do it we must only focus on the best roy years and ignore everything else. that usually means deleting everythin after john ruiz.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
      "At the end of the day..."

Roy Jones got slept quite a few times, lost some other times. He LOST!

You can't be "the best" and have losses. That's the real reason Chris Eubank dropped "Simply The Best" - because he wasn't. And I say that as a big of his.

oh sht it seems "TBE" will be eclipsed very soon. wanheng menayothin will be the new TBE on the block. just two more wins and floyd drops to second place.

1. menayothin
      2. mayweather
      3. calzaghe
      4. marciano
      5. edwin valero

SRR lost like 20 times lol. straight bum juice. ali lost 5 times. weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
        Facts!!!!!!!!!

so now 35 is young?

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
          Ruiz was an Bum period! I am not giving roy that bs I am sorry I wouldn't
          call him a bum all u want. he outweighed roy by like 35 lbs. and it was an amazing feat. put it like this lemeiux is now considered to be a bum but if floyd moves up to MW and beats him for a paper title guarantee it will boost his legacy even more and he'll brag about it endlessly.

Comment

• I would put Floyd over Roy.....not in talent but achievement

Floyd fought more world/former champions than anyone and beat more HOF than Roy. Floyd also won titles in more divisions. Was Roy more physically gifted than Floyd? Yes, but Floyd has greater credentials. Sorry Roy in ranking of all time Floyd is ahead of you on that list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
              You coudnt be more wrong.
              Floyd doesnt have a prime james toney ,
              B hop or prime griffin on his resume.he doesnt even have a hill on it.

Floyd has a bunch of vinny pazienzas . Floyd doesnt have a ruiz on his resume. you mentioned tarver , roy gained muscle and added over 25 pounds of it to fight ruiz .

Do you scientifically know what that does to the human body when to try to quickly shed tyat same muscle just a short time later to try and make a weight below you??

He still beat tarver in fight 1. He also damaged his body and you could see he wasnt the same in that win from the get go. he looked weak and drained. Then he lost by a flash knockout. Then he goes all 12 and had his moments.

Most people think floyd lost to maidana in fight 1. Shht I think floyd thinks he lost to maidana in fight 1. Not to mention castillo clearly beat floyd in fight 1. To his credit he beat them fair and square in the rematches.

Roy jones moved up 25 pounds to fight a guy who still outweighed him by 35 pounds in a tough mugging ruiz. Thats a tremendous accomplishment.

Floyd wouldnt even fight GGG at 160 or
              Froch at 168 , or jack at 175 .
              PEDs...why ignore this? Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
                call him a bum all u want. he outweighed roy by like 35 lbs. and it was an amazing feat. put it like this lemeiux is now considered to be a bum but if floyd moves up to MW and beats him for a paper title guarantee it will boost his legacy even more and he'll brag about it endlessly.
                Why no mention of PEDs when talking about that weight jump? Just curious

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                  Why no mention of PEDs when talking about that weight jump? Just curious
                  They must've forgot!

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    I grew up with prime Roy & I thought he was the best but I won't deny the fact that Floyd is T.B.E.
                    shame theres no fact like that

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      "At the end of the day..."

Roy Jones got slept quite a few times, lost some other times. He LOST!

You can't be "the best" and have losses. That's the real reason Chris Eubank dropped "Simply The Best" - because he wasn't. And I say that as a big of his.
                      na crap argument , how old u again

Comment

Working...
                      X