Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Mayweather is TBE? Never Came Close To What I Did!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
    Real fans of boxing and not those that became fans because of Mayweather would completely agree. Floyd claims The Best Ever, not of his generation. This means the litmus test must include SRL, Hearns, Duran, Chavez Sr, Wilfredo Benitez, Aaron Pryor et al. These guys would have kicked the **** out of Mayweather. In fact, to the knowledgeable fan, there are numerous fighters that have done more than Floyd for fight fans including Pac man whose legacy to boxing will far outweigh Frauds. History is layered with guys that would kick Frauds ass.
    TBE schooled #48 and has a better resume!

Americans with the win!

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
      had roy retired after ruiz he would be correct. from the early 90's to 2004. that version of roy I would favor to beat anyone in history. even robinson.

i remember there were talks of him facing tyson after ruiz. i think roy would've beaten that faded version of 2003 mike.

floyd was never as dominant for any stretch of his career. even floyd at his absolute best i would pick guys like robinson, duran, pryor, chavez, whitaker, leonard, hearns and even winky wright to beat him.

so if we delete everything after 2004 roy is 100% correct.
      How can you say that? Nooo Boooodddddyyyy did what Floyd did. Floyd dominated the game for 20years. Take all those fighters you named & go through their resume & see how many good opponents they beat. Floyd has beat MORE QUALITY opponents than anyone in HISTORY, more HOF's than anyone, 5 division champ, ect. Floyd is the ONLY Fighter in history that beat boxing. T.B.E.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigar View Post
        He's right about being much better than Floyd but out of his mind to disparage Sugar Ray Robinson. Robinson is the GOAT, the BOAT, or whatever other acronym you want to use. Roy doesn't come close to him.
        Coming from someone who doesn't know how to box....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
          but that is your perception, not of people who grew up with prime roy.

you need to think outside your own perception.
          "At the end of the day..."

Roy Jones got slept quite a few times, lost some other times. He LOST!

You can't be "the best" and have losses. That's the real reason Chris Eubank dropped "Simply The Best" - because he wasn't. And I say that as a big of his.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
            How come most fighters disagree with Mayweather being TBE? Duran, SRL, Tyson, RJJ etc...yet they revere and talk about Ali and SRR as among the best? The only people who back up Mayweather's TBE claim are mostly his fans. For me, you need to be respected and admired by your peers, just like in the academic world, you earn respect by fellow professors not laymen. Mayweather was great, but far from the TBE.
            His peers are jealous. After watching boxing for years then boxing myself & still watch boxing & hearing the negativity from what the boxing "experts" say (that never laced them up) does not match what is on film & being told to us through the media, its easy to say Floyd is T.B.E & it aint even close.

Comment

I'd rather have mayweathers career over Jones but Jones peak was higher than anyone I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                Roy was a freak in his prime. I agree p4p he was better than Floyd. Jones shouldn’t have moved up as much as he did. He should have stayed at super middleweight and ruled there until retirement.
                Who has a stronger resume? Floyd is T.B.E.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  TBE is just a marketing tool to sell more hats and T-shirts. I don’t know why everyone catches feelings over that. It’s like they’ve never had a marketing campaign before.
                  Cuz the truth hurts.

Comment

So nobody is going to bring up PEDs here? Okay lol

Their resumes are pretty similar imo. Roy was put to sleep a few times too by guys who weren't all that great.

I think generally most "experts" rank Floyd higher than Roy on all-time lists, so I'll defer to their judgement.

Still PEDs should be brought up here lol

Comment

Roy is right . Floyd never even tried to go to 160

154 to heavyweight .
                      Wow almost 50 pounds .

You know how many struggle to go from 160 to 168
                      Or 160 to 175.

How about 154 to 168??

Roy was phenomenal. Floyd picked and choosed his way through fighters who werent prime . Floyd doesnt have one prime hall of famer in his resume, not one.

Comment

Working...
                      X