Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Povetkin and Ortiz are Back - I'd Love To Fight Those Guys!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    Pedvetkin wont fight Deontay, I think hes scared to get a perma ban ( if there is such a thing in this sport) he failed VADA twice and is about to become A.J's mando or MAYBE Joey Parker if he upsets Joshua BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

What a fail on boxing if that were to happen : Sasha pops dirty mulitple times, still fights in Russia gets pardon by the WBO and WBA grabs a couple minor belts then becomes mando for Joey Parker! the weakest champion WOW!!! I hope it happens.
    Well we'll come to that when Wilder tries to make the fight won't we.

Comment

if king kong truly has high blood pressure he should not be fighting his blood pressure could skyrocket during the fight and kill him

Comment

Great fights, I would hyped for these fights as much as I would for Joshua/Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          He's talking about them. There's no reason they can't happen next. Lets see who he chooses.
          Wilder was in Russia for the actual fight for Povetkin when it got cancelled. He had paid Stiverne step aside cash- which Stiverne kept- to fight Ortiz.

I am mystified why anyone thinks Wilder won't or did not want to fight these guys. They are both slow and fairly easy to dissect HW in the traditional sense and either Wilder or Joshua are athletic enough to outmaneuver them and beat them both down. As he waits for Joshua, I would be shocked not a little if he fights one (my guess is Ortiz. He is a slightly better name).

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
            Wilder was in Russia for the actual fight for Povetkin when it got cancelled. He had paid Stiverne step aside cash- which Stiverne kept- to fight Ortiz.

I am mystified why anyone thinks Wilder won't or did not want to fight these guys. They are both slow and fairly easy to dissect HW in the traditional sense and either Wilder or Joshua are athletic enough to outmaneuver them and beat them both down. As he waits for Joshua, I would be shocked not a little if he fights one (my guess is Ortiz. He is a slightly better name).
            He was forced to sign to fight Povetkin he didn't want to. He was complaining and *****ing about fighting him in Russia.

He didn't pay Stiverne shit. Al Haymon did. Ortiz signed with Haymon at the beginning of the year. You don't think a shot at Wilder was discussed before he signed?

You want to give Wilder praise for fights he didn't fight.

Comment

Me either, especially Ortiz considering his ties to Haymon these days. I think Wilder's team realise that at this stage they need a name for added validity to Wilder in order to extract as much cash as possible out of Hearn.

Wilder v Ortiz is potentially a risky fight (though I would expect Wilder to win comfortably) but it's the kind of fight that will generate interest. Plus if Ortiz somehow does knock the olive cart Haymon still wins anyway.

Comment

Get your facts straight. Wilder was never in Russia, he had his training camp in England and never moved one feet into Russia. He was staying in England the whole time until the fight was called off, then he moved back to Alabama.

Wilder is a loudmouthed protected fraud and you fangirls fall for propaganda and manipulation.

Comment

I'd love to see him fight either guy but both have been popped twice so there has to be some skepticism rather they can stay clean or not. I'm not buying the high blood pressure thing but in my life I can only think of one boxer who actually admitted he took the PEDS to get an edge & that is Francois Botha. He said that bad decision cost him millions of dollars. In Povetkin's last fight against Rudenko he wasn't as dominant as he had been prior to getting popped. Rudenko is better than some give him credit for as he had a very close fight with Lucas Browne & an argument could be made he won that fight. Hughie Fury dropped Rudenko & easily won a UD. I expect Povetkin to beat Hammer but he shouldn't take him lightly as Hammer has some momentum going after 3 straight wins & 2 of them were against name opponents in Erkan Teper & David Price. At the moment the HW scene is kind of murky until we see if the Parker/Joshua fight is signed. If they can't reach a deal then everything changes & then it is wide open to who fights who. One thing for sure is the winner of Povetkin/Hammer will be the mandatory for Parker & possibly Joshua if the WBA sanctions the fight as a final eliminator. It looks like Ortiz would be Wilder's best option to make a statement...
                  Last edited by joe strong; 12-07-2017, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    The writer of this article failed to note that Pedvetkin also violated VADA drug testing policies for ostarine as he prepared for Bermane Stiverne in a eliminator for Deontay Wilders WBC title ; the banned the world boxing council imposed on Alexander was lifted yesterday ( December the sixth. ) he will be ranked by January 2018.

Ortiz is probably going to come first considering the WBA suspended him....Wow! all these drug addicts are allowed to make millions and win world titles?! truly sad how much the public invest in this wretched division -- No wonder boxing is considered a joke compared to other American sports.
                    Lol yeah cause UFC fighters, cyclists, football and baseball players, etc. NEVER take steroids!

Comment

Originally posted by Halama86 View Post
                      Lol yeah cause UFC fighters, cyclists, football and baseball players, etc. NEVER take steroids!
                      Well I dont know to many competing for titles six months after cheating in their respective sports, I think in other sports if they get caught multiple times within a year they probably be banned for life.

Comment

Working...
                      X